It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart slams media for Palin email coverage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Not a big fan of Jon Stewart's brand of often left-leaning political humor, but this was great. Watch and listen as Stewart tears into the MSM feeding frenzy on the release of what Stewart calls "PMail"

source

Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, NY Times - no one is spared. The so-called news people shown are pitiful.

Enjoy!

edit on 6/14/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

lamestream media indeed anticipation of non important stuff.

anything to paint the gop in a negative light and deflect from weiner and obama.

"when we dont have any news fit to print we make our own"

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

anything to paint the gop in a negative light and deflect from weiner and obama.

Since Sarah Palin is the reason these emails were released now instead of two years ago when they were requested does that mean that she is trying to help distract from Obama and Wiener? She is in on the whole thing?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Saw that last night.

Its going to be a trend with his show. Unlike Colbert he has seen fit to dump both parties in favor of the smart thing.

Being able to poke fun at all of them. Its just good financial sense in the comedy world not to pigeon hole yourself through affiliation. He has seen the light and they are all stupid an worthy of mocking.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

no a freedom of information request was behind those and hyped up by the lamestream media.

if you watched the video you would got that.
edit on 14-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Hah, while I too dont always agree with Stewart's angles...he DOES manage to sift through the crap most of the time and thats something I can appreciate.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

Since Sarah Palin is the reason these emails were released now instead of two years ago when they were requested does that mean that she is trying to help distract from Obama and Wiener? She is in on the whole thing?

No.

Quite clearly, neo's theory is that the MSM is choosing to have this feeding frenzy over the release of the "PMails" now to try and deflect coverage off of the problems facing their liberal poster boys - obama and weiner.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

no a freedom of information request was behind those and hyped up by the lamestream media.

if you watched the video you would got that.

No the FOIA was filed two years ago. The timing of the release was due to Sarah Palin's legal team. If you paid attention to the facts, you would know that. I do not need to watch the video, I saw the show.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

indeed just like ats posters twisting posts to suit their own needs..

strength and honor

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

No.

Quite clearly, neo's theory is that the MSM is choosing to have this feeding frenzy over the release of the "PMails" now to try and deflect coverage off of the problems facing their liberal poster boys - obama and weiner.

I understand his "theory" more than clearly. It is just based on ignorance. The media was going to go nuts over these emails no matter when they were released. Palin decided now was the time, not them.

Another thing. You all really need to quit that "lamestream media" crap. Palin supporters say it because Sarah says it. What is her day job again? Oh, right. She works at a television station...again.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I do not need to watch the video, I saw the show.

So back on topic ...

What did you think of the show?

Did you feel sorry for the "poor" MSM reporters left with nothing to say that didn't make them look incredibly shallow and stupid?

Were you - like the MSM - disappointed that no "dirt" was found?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My brother lives in Anchorage and the people in Alaska love her. She was a no nonsense person who didn't play games and did what she said she would do.

Not like our current pres who promised transparency and said he would post every bill online before it was voted on. They weren't even allowed to read the Obamacare bill before they voted on it. Remember "we have to pass it so we can see what's in it"?.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
acutally palin got it from bernie goldberg

simply because it is the most accurate description of news media outlets.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
My brother lives in Anchorage and the people in Alaska love her. She was a no nonsense person who didn't play games and did what she said she would do.

Ya don't say?
Sarah Palin: now even Alaska doesn’t like her

New poll shows Palin is more unpopular in Alaska than in any state except Massachusetts.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I understand his "theory" more than clearly. It is just based on ignorance. The media was going to go nuts over these emails no matter when they were released. Palin decided now was the time, not them.

Care to back this theory of yours up with a link from a reputable news source.
Did I just write that?

Another thing. You all really need to quit that "lamestream media" crap. Palin supporters say it because Sarah says it. What is her day job again? Oh, right. She works at a television station...again.

What is this comment about? An attempt at being PC, or another example of liberal censorship?

Reminder: Sticks and stones ... but words can never hurt me.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme

Ya don't say?
Sarah Palin: now even Alaska doesn’t like her

New poll shows Palin is more unpopular in Alaska than in any state except Massachusetts.

Liberal in action:

See, I found something that says some other people also don't like Palin.

I feel so much better now ...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think the biggest story here, which everyone seems to have missed, (and I could have misheard it, due to the "bleeping") was the implication that Jon made that Ms. Palin has a penis.

Good stuff!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

No the FOIA was filed two years ago.

3 years too late whose only purpose was to dig up dirt on palin and to do what just exactly? discredit her ? create more hatred? really now people hate the woman they just need more stuff to hate her for?

The timing of the release was due to Sarah Palin's legal team.

and the timing of weiner and hype up by the LAMESTREAMMEDIA who thinks an exgovernor in charge of nothing is more important that a sitting us congressman caught with his pants down.

yeah facts are abound in this thread and many glossed over by palin haters.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hey, Stewart....I heard the NFL is looking for some Monday morning Quarterbacks.

Good job....after the fact.....where were you beforehand?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Hey, Stewart....I heard the NFL is looking for some Monday morning Quarterbacks.

Good job....after the fact.....where were you beforehand?

So, you (and the people that ave you a star) think that Stewart should have somehow divined all this before the fact? Please clarify.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join