It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a star, planet, aircraft lights, satellite or.........a UFO? Find out here!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hi there all,

Not sure if this has already been posted here already, or if this is the right forum so my apologies if it has, Feel free to remove it if I'm just going over old information. Saw this report on the dailymail website today & thought it might be of some interest.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 2-8-2011 by Wo0kiEE because: missing some text

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
good thread...

I was camping in southern alberta last night... big open cloudless sky... plently of stars.... planes, sats, meteors, oh and two flashes of light on the horizon and a set of lights floating around in the sky.. up down left right... spooked the hell out of me, now i have been researching ever since.... Im just thankful i wasn't alone.

first time sighting for me

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I live between two millitary bases and am an avid plane watcher. Many times when I'm outside at night looking at the stars, I see fighter jets practicing dog fighting. When they hit the afterburner, you can see it for miles and it really lights up the surrounding sky. If you didn't know what you were seeing, it would be easy to think you had just seen something not of this earth.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
i have been seeing alot of ufos in york uk and alot of milatary helecopters the ufos are not any of the described above.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
That could be usefull someday but still havnt seen one of those motherships mentioned on late night radio.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
im new and id just taught id share a interesting little mystery with you im from carlow in ireland and browsing google for sightings in my county i found 4 seperate sighting of different detail but strangest thing that struck me was the fact that all of these sightings were along the same few km stretch of road between royal oak and old leighlin co carlow witch i found strange why this little stretch is there more than meets the eye going on i found it quiet interesting anyone any ideas of why this is happening there is nothing of importance(KNOWN) there please any ideas that will help me figure out this thanks again great site im tired of been ridiculed for what i belive in

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I would like to add some supplemental information with an article explaining external lighting on airplanes, I find that it's very well written. It might be in the best interest to keep the OP short and tidy for a better overview, so I don't think it's necessary to add it to the list.

Explaining Airplane External Lighting

Here's some nice information regarding iridium flares:

Iridium Flares

The wikipedia article provides a simple but effective animation of how a satellite flare looks like:

Wikipedia: Satellite flare

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c588a4cac7f.gif[/atsimg]

Thanks for taking the initiative of creating a much needed thread like this. I hope people will consider this to be a valuable resource of information, and use the gathered knowledge collected in this thread before making wild guesses as to what something in the air might be. Ultimately I hope it will contribute to raising the quality of material presented on these forums.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
cool post

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by greybeard1
Nice list. Pretty comprehensive. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. Now let's see if this will translate to a higher percentage of threads containing truly unidentifieds. One can only hope.

This is a question to anyone who can answer it, but can a satellite be followed closely in the sky by another satellite? Does anyone know about this?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That's a great list GEL, my only issue is with the aircraft lights link. It's WAY, WAY, over simplified. Aircraft lights vary from aircraft to aircraft, and even airline to airline. Then to add to the confusion, they only use certain lights at certain times as mandated by both the FAA and their individual companies.

For example, if you watched a normal 727 on approach it has 4 white landing lights plus a red and green nav light visible, but if you saw the same model 727 from American Airlines it would only have 3 white landing lights plus the nav lights. At the same token a DC- 9 has three white landing lights and no visible nav lights while and old 737 had 5 white landing lights with the newer 737's only having 3. Lights such as landing lights are only required under 10K feet, while company mandated lighting, such as logo lights, might only be used while on the ground. Private aircraft have no set designation for what lights they have beyond the limits set by the FAA, and the military has entirely different rules as they often fly under combat conditions where little lighting is used at all.

Basically, you could write and entire book on aircraft light configurations, and it would still not cover all the possibilities when you take into account the infinite configurations of private aircraft. Private aircraft are like your private car, you have to have tail lights and head lights, but the owner is allowed to add as many additional lights as they please or can afford.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Alright i have a story... I live in northren Canada so the moon in the winter time follows very irregular patterns. But genrally it follows the same path. So one night i woke up and my room is lit up with light. And it dident look like the same sort of light the moon would reflect.. it looked very pure. So i looked out through my window and i saw a huge ball of light from behind some trees. I thought it was the moon when i first saw it because i live on the shore of the mackenzie river so somthing like that would shine alot of light with no with nothing blocking it... So i checked the time and went back to bed. Anyways i woke up the next night around the same time and went to use the washroom which is on the other side of my house so the window is pointed in the opposite direction. And there was the moon pretty far away from where i saw the light from the previous night. Creeped me out for weeks lol

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
plz watch youtube.com/user/777ALAJE

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

That was great! I have been viewing a lot of faked photos and videos lately where the photographer comes out and says the you are not seeing what you think you are seeing. I have some software that allows me to do some pretty neat things. I just did a photo of my granddaughter on a chopper, and she has never sat on a motorcycle in her life. Great post. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I wish everyone had access to information about sky phenomena.. So we wouldn't have so many false reports.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You took the fun away from a lot of people. People like to think they saw something. A UFO, Chupa Cabra, Ghost.... They don't want to be told the object they saw was an aircraft, dog or that orb was just dust. Some people really live for this stuff. Some want to know what it really is, to understand, some do not. For those that believe, no explanation is necessary... Or something like that.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks for the info, my wife and I are driving to Area 51... This will help out alot.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

This morning I was reading the big event in 5 days story and he kept saying that ham radio operators should point their radios at Elennin and listen. then I find this quote at this address. Just google what the guy said and this is what you find.
www.nowpublic.com...

"In our last report on Elenin, we had informed Elenin comet coma diameter exceeded 1,24,274 miles, larger than Jupiter

Now in latest development, a strange RF signal is picked up by radio telescopes in California from Elenin.For several days, has been analyzing radio signals picked up by the USC California Radio Telescope. The signal comes from the transit area of "Elenin" and coincides with the observation G pulse, which also are being analyzed by independent experts. The pulses are equally amazing. In various forums, experts are analyzing the signal."

The story is dated August 31st 2011. Could this be what he was talking about.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join