It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida is now in a state of emergency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
www.wctv.tv...

Tallahassee, FL (AP) - Gov. Rick Scott has declared a state of emergency in Florida due to wildfires and drought conditions.

The declaration Monday puts the state Division of EmergencyManagement in charge of the situation.
That includes deploying personnel and resources of the Florida
National Guard and other state and local government agencies.

The order notes extreme to exceptional drought conditions are
expanding across southeastern and north Florida. They are expected
to worsen in the next few weeks.

More than 300 active wildfires were burning on about 115,583
acres across the state Monday.

They include a brush fire in the Everglades that has burned
68,000 acres since June 5. Multiple fires have scorched more than
4,500 acres in Levy County since April 26

Florida and many other states in the south have had an extreme lack of rainfall and are experiencing drought and wildfires.

Over the last year I have watched the water levels in the nearby retention ponds slowly drop. It has gotten to the point that some of these ponds are now 2 or 3 feet below normal levels. Some of the smaller retention ponds are now empty.

When I first moved here 5 years ago it was a regular occurrence to get a thunder storms in the afternoons that would last an hour or two then subside. Now days, sometimes weeks will go by without any rain at all. When we do get storms, they never seem to last long and tend to be weak.

I personally wonder if all this crazy weather the U.S. is having is a result of weather manipulation experiments (a butterfly effect type thing) or possibly even a foreign attack via weather manipulation, but that's just speculation.
edit on 14-6-2011 by IndieA because: spelling

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You know, That really sucks. It has been raining here for most of two months... Could be weather manipulation, we never ever have had storms like this before either. We had a lightning storm about a week and a half ago, maybe two. It was the most intense lightning i have ever seen here. Ever. I have seen a lot of lightning, i watch it whenever its rolling through, crazy patterns. I loved it though, but its still really weird for this area..

They would have to make all that rain go somewhere...
edit on 14/6/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

To bad TPTB could not help with HAARP and just put out fires,insurance must be taking large hits everywhere,wait for premium increase.The next whistleblower insurance they got the bean counters,ooops sorry ROTHSCHILD own them GEO- ENGINEERING at its best have a nice day.
edit on 14-6-2011 by madjetxe because: whistle spell wrong

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I've noticed my friends up North, on Facebook regularly complaining about the constant rain/snow.

It appears the North got all the rain the South normally would.

edit on 14-6-2011 by IndieA because: sp

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's been rainy for a few days now.
Hopefully the rainfall will do us some good.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Wow, I knew it was bad, but not this bad.

Everyday in the morning, I can walk outside and smell the fresh smell of burning trees
. It rained for a little bit yesterday, but that's about all we have seen in the past month.

100+ temps + no rain = forest fires.

I hope this doesn't last long

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

The North East is really getting hit with a lot of rain. I don't remember seeing as many storms, and the weather is hot one day and than the next it falls into the 60's. The last storm we had, there were people taking pictures of the storm clouds on their cell phones because the clouds were very abnormal. That followed with a heavy down pore and hail the size of nickles. Something is definitely out of whack.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by madjetxe

You mean use the technology to help people, to help the world? What a novel idea.

Too bad weather modification can make such a powerful and discreet weapon.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I use to live in Florida for years. Drought happened every now and then. Water levels dropped, wildfires started, rain was a constant wish....I don't believe that it is weather manipulation. I think it's just a cycle. I could be wrong. That's just my opinion.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yeah, the temperature here has been flopping up and down for the last little while as well. a hell of a lot of rain, really hot one day, and really cold the next. The endless rain, take it please! you can have it!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I feel your pain. I live in Arizona where our state's worst wildfire is still burning. And we have other wildfires burning in other areas of the state. One has been burning for a month! I believe all of them are man caused but we're in desperate need of rain.

All of this wacky weather...Global Weirding perhaps?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Didn't another Govenor just do the same thing? Texas?? maybe?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

If not, it is soon coming. The local US Forest Service people in the central area east of Austin are contacting local people to get groups together to inform them en mass how to prepare for uncontrolled wild fires. I live in just such an area. the draught is bad enough with beautiful pines and oaks dying all around, especially on my ranchito (two acres). All local fire departments are volunteer and lack manpower for major woods and even large grass fires. I was called today about this problem. And we will be suggesting to attendees how to prepare their houses, out buildings and yards to best protect against fire. But frankly, an upper-story fire in pines and dry oaks is virtually unstoppable it any wind is present. So we are going to emphasis BOBs to be kept in their cars.

We have had no spring here. Rain is just a dream.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
We are in NWGA and it went 3 1/2 weeks with no rain here- my husband watches the radar all the time- it's a weird quirk of his- and several times he has pointed out what LOOKS like a ring right over this area- like, there will be green (thunderclouds) everywhere, but this ONE ring will be clear right over us, almost like someone has something shooting up that makes a circular hole that busts clouds.

The last time it looked so weird, I taught him to do a print screen.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

These rings have been recorded for about, or over a decade across the globe.

Don't be fooled, kiddos...

Covert global.....war, imo.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
From the article last night, I kinda figured the drought was not just limited to WPB, and stated why don't user use recycled water as most cities do. They may have to now in very bad off areas. The Pac NW is finally drying up. Good and bad...the bad being the wildfire season to be hitting soon and with the reddish dust storms that come sometimes from old crop burning and fires. It's been 40 to just under 60 degrees all spring.

new topics

top topics

join