It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a quick straight anwser...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Evening ATSrs

Its been a while since i've posted anything here because i've been busy and dont have that much access to the internet but i am itching for an anwser here.

OK, this will probably be a stupid question to most of you but do all aircraft at night use blinking lights?

I ask because i just went outside and there was quite a bright light in the sky that caught my attention, moving west to east. I've never seen anything like it before.

I mean, ive seen a ufo before but there was no denying it that time. This could easily just be a plane thats using a very bright non-flashing white light.

There were quite a few other planes flying about with the standard three lights and and you could make out their shape, but this thing was just a bright light with no contrail.

I'm asking this here because google wont give me a straight anwser so hopefully one of you can. Just trying to find out if what i've seen can be identified.

I've got a short video of it aswel but theres hardly any point on uploading as it was filmed on my ipod touch which is s~~t quality at night. My location is the South of France.

Please, no harsh comments, just a straight anwser if possible.

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Did it make any noise? Could be a Helicopter search light.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

No noise. There were other planes flying over so i could hear them but i definately couldnt hear any helicopters.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Agreed....most probably a helicopter search light.
Could also be a plane flying towards you with its landing lights on...you cant see the blinking ones because of the brightness of the main lights.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
First thing you need to do is if you do not think it is a plane/copter....eliminate or identify the possibility of....

Satellites, ISS:
Heaven's Above
NASA - Human Space Flight
Orbitron - Satellite Tracking System

Stars, planets:
Stellarium

edit on June 14th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

edit on June 14th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yes .... there are regulations for lights on aircraft and most all them blink/flash in one form or another....

I am not sure if there are international standards for this or what...

But ...I know that if it's night and you are looking at Airplanes head on that are descending .... then they appear as one solid light because of the headlights on the landing gear and where ever else... and once you get a different perspective of the plane you will see the lights on the wing tips flashing...

I'm sure someone will come along with good link soon.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I was going to suggest the same thing since the ISS is proving to be very bright in passes over North America this week. Usually between -2 and -3.3 magnitude in brightness. It's quite a sight to behold, and can be a shock if you've never seen it. It may even look like........ a UFO.

ETA: ISS has an obital track that would take it over France where the OP is located. It's quite possible that would have been the object.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Mapkar because: Added ETA

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This wasnt flying towards me, looked like it was about a mile infront of me just flying by from my right to left.

There was a plane flying in a similar direction and it looked nothing like this...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks for the links, will have to check them out tommorow if i can. I'm gona call it a night and head out.

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Hmmm ...did it have any greenish tint to it? could have been a meteor

But if not .... and you know it wasn't a plane or copter ...

We might just have to classify as a UFO

edit on 14-6-2011 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

All planes have red port and green starboard with strobe on top plane .Boats same red left green right clear on stern
You obviously turn them off.The military turn them off all the time.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

my guess is a satellite but hard to say with the limited info. I saw three satellites last night that if you didnt know what they were would freak you out. The International Space Station, very bright, very slow crossing the sky and looks like it wiggles back and forth (optical illusion). The Nanosail-D, bright, flickers, getting brighter over coming months as it enters the upper atmosphere. Iridium satellite, starts out like a regular low brightness satellite. but then flares up to crazy brightness for a few seconds.

If you actually want to identify what you saw, would help to know what city, what time, what angle from the horizon the UFO was at, what was its path, etc. From what you provided, who knows for sure.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hey OP, don't forget about the secret stealth/silent helicopter we ditched in the fake Bin Laden raid....

If it performs like a chopper with a search light, but you can't hear it, this is a possibility.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
As an aerospace engineer with many years in the industry I can comment here.
Aircraft are REQUIRED to have a number of lights on their craft. First they mus have strobes which can be seen about 20miles away. Then they have landing lights on the gear and wings. Then they have position lights exactly like ships....red on the port side and green on the starboard side.

The only ones that blink are the strobes. Also, helicopters have a very similar layout.

Now here is something .. to postulate, if there were an 'alien' craft here that wanted to remain undetected...why not simply imitate our normal aircraft layout? Or spies and military have been using disguises for as long as there has been clandestine operations. This also goes for scientific exploration...to postulate further...if there was an 'alien' visitation occurring where they are observing, one basic scientific premise is to NOT interact with the experiment you are running or the people you are studying because this changes the data you will receive.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by youallcrazy

Orbital tracking software like Orbitron helps. Here's an earlier image from mine. The track goes over France, at an altitude that would be VERY bright and visible.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

Thanks for that. I did not have it in my list.....bookmarking now!

for everyone else:
Orbitron - Satellite Tracking System

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior 11:11
Aircraft are REQUIRED to have a number of lights on their craft. First they mus have strobes which can be seen about 20miles away. Then they have landing lights on the gear and wings. Then they have position lights exactly like ships....red on the port side and green on the starboard side.

The only ones that blink are the strobes. Also, helicopters have a very similar layout.

Not entirely true. As a pilot and former military analyst I can tell you that there are quite a few aircraft, black-ops, experimental, stealth, covert, etc. that do NOT always use their running or landing lights. The strobes you are referring to are only for aircraft use -when the aircraft WANTS to be seen. And such is not always the case.

Another potential answer is the newest super-stealth craft under development. For example, the one dubbed "Firefly" comes to mind when reading the OP's description. Have you heard of it? Probably not. Do a search.

Basically, Firefly relates to the new super-stealth aircraft being developed for NATO currently believed to still be under black-ops testing. The name comes from a specific characteristic designed into the craft that gives observers on the ground (or in the air) a changing appearance that is difficult to pin down or identify. One of these is a configuration of lights on the underside of the craft that swivel and blink at random and pre-selected intervals and can even be pivoted so they appear from the ground as three or more lights or as a single bright light – which is why it has been given the name ‘firefly’.

Oh yeah - they're out there all right. And no, it is NOT always possible to declare EITHER/OR common airplanes/Aliens. There are indeed other possibilities. Would TPTB purposely try to fool observers on the ground like this? Don't make me laugh...
edit on 6/14/2011 by Outrageo because: Hmmm...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Yes it is entirely true. I work in the military aerospace arena on 'unacknowledged programs'. There is no way to comment on these black projects because they don't follow the rules. By LAW they are required to follow international ATC rules unless they are operating in the restricted military airspace test grounds free of civilian aircraft. In that case it should be quite obvious that you, as a witness, are within such grounds.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Planes are recognized by: either being a yellow-orange light with its rays in the exact same look you see a bright star in the sky. They always have a blinking red light, helicopters also may have such flight. They can gradually descend - obviously a plane, just continue in straight direction, this is obvious it is nothing unusual. Shooting stars are like a star (could have tail) that moves rapidly in 1 direction then disappears while still projected on the night sky - again not to be mistaken. These are the common cases of night objects I've observed as being an Astronomy student and still one.

What you may call unusual worth recording - strange formations in the sky - triangles and such (that consist of lights brighter than the stars), any unusual or jerky moving lights also moving too fast are simply not any known craft. Rest is all planes in most cases.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Planes ... always have a blinking red light, helicopters also... may have such flight.

...any unusual or jerky moving lights also moving too fast are simply not any known craft. Rest is all planes in most cases.

I beg to differ. See above. The "Firefly" is just ONE of many aircraft SPECIFICALLY ENGINEERED to deceive ground observers. More are on the way. Some already operational - others still in black phases of development - others still just in design phase.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join