It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest gap in the Gaming market EVER!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
A 'Home Matrix' virtual reality system. One where you can program realities and plug yourself into them. It would be epic if we could, like in 'Total Recall' create a reality we could escape into and do whatever we want wherever we want, no matter how messed up.

Imagine if you could game with other people across the internet with this.. that would be so awesome.

I think that this is surely the biggest gap in the entertainment industry at the moment. Who wouldn't want this?
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Whoa! Title was misleading as I thought that there was a massive gap in the Stock Market. From a traders standpoint it would be significant but I don't have a clue as far as gaming goes. I will leave the thread alone but I would guess some others got scared as well.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Zippidee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zippidee

Changed the title, should be more suiting now.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

LMAO! I almost scrambled to my 5min charting software to pull a counter gap strategy trade!
2nd

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zippidee

LMAO! I almost scrambled to my 5min charting software to pull a counter gap strategy trade!
2nd

Rofl

Second.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
holodeck?

edit on 14-6-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

the game industry has advanced a lot these 2 decades now with wii,playstation moove and kinect that barrier is close to be achieved. yet the processing/programing it needs to be more development.. and with that we need technologic advances. but surely 10 years from now we all have avatars just like the movie 13th floor

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Online gaming and 2nd Life would be the biggest initial winners with this type of tech.

I agree that it is pretty much just a hardware issue at the moment, because already so many parts of the whole exist.

Gesture based technology has been around for a decade or more. This is the technology brought to screen in Minority Report. It is precursor technology to the MS Kinect. The ability to interact with a computer without the need for legacy input devices (keyboard, mouse, pad, pen, etc) is progressing beyond just being used for exercising with your XBox.

3D has been around for decades to manipulate the auditory and visual sensations and block out the reality around you. In its current version, it produces a very realistic 3D environment that you can almost walk through.
The next generation of this type of tech is Heliodisplay, which is a holographic computer screen first developed in 2004, and continues to be improved today. It is a virtual computer screen that can be interacted with at a touch.

Brain and body implants are constantly gaining ground in medical science to restore vision, hearing, and stimulate motor responses. As well, such things as pacemakers have proven that even the heart can be regulated through this technology.

Mobile computing has reached a point that the cell phone you carry in your pocket now has more speed, power and connectivity than NASA had when it put men into orbit and on the Moon.

With the pieces of tech running around in your house, job, pocket and what the military and gov't are using, it is not hard to see that it will (hopefully) not be more than a decade before we are stepping out of reality and into VR.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

That is what gaming companies are aiming for in years to come.
But at the moment that sort of thing cost's too much to make or to buy/sell.
Not to mention health and safety regulations, people will live in these things, eat and drink little and have their senses pounded so much it could send some a little loopy.

See how kids today grow up on PC's and consoles, imagine what it would be like to grow up were there are different worlds you can go to just putting on some goggles or stepping into a pod, goodbye school.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
A virtual world where you could immerse yourself in another reality, interact with others, and go where you want, do what you like?

You mean like a Massive, Multiplayer, Online, Role-Playing Game? You could even call it an MMORPG....Oh, wait a minute....

top topics

join