It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prozac 'found in drinking water' (U.K.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Traces of the antidepressant Prozac can be found in the nation's drinking water, it has been revealed.

An Environment Agency report suggests so many people are taking the drug nowadays it is building up in rivers and groundwater.

A report in Sunday's Observer says the government's environment watchdog has discussed the impact for human health.

A spokesman for the Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI) said the Prozac found was most likely highly diluted.

'Alarming'

The newspaper says environmentalists are calling for an urgent investigation into the evidence.

It quotes the Liberal Democrats' environment spokesman, Norman Baker MP, as saying the picture emerging looked like "a case of hidden mass medication upon the unsuspecting public".

He says: "It is alarming that there is no monitoring of levels of Prozac and other pharmacy residues in our drinking water."

Experts say the anti-depression drug gets into the rivers and water system via treated sewage water.

BBC

EDIT: Oops. Maybe 'Medical Issues & Conspiracies' forum? Or even 'New World Order'!
Whoa! I'd be scacred if I wasn't.... so mellow.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by curme]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Just another reason to only drink Best Pixyland cider

Personally, I think the idea of this crap being in the water is somewhat worrying.
What else is in there ???

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
great if it isnt female hormones its anti depressents.

sometimes I get tired of drinking other peoples piss

i think in london the average glass of tap water has allready been drunk 7 times!!!!

There must be away to puriefy water to remove more of these harmful chemicals.

new topics

join