It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Images of Unconsious brain activity!! *Stunning*

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Seems likely that some intense dreaming is going on. A lot of psychoactive drugs are known to potentiate dreams... That is, make them more intense, vivid, powerful, etc. So one of the most powerful psychoactive experiences on this planet, anesthesia, would definitely fit the bill would it not? I would be interested to see some hypnosis experiments done on these patients. Such intense experiences would probably give some valuable insight for what is happening in the brain while we dream, if that is indeed what is happening. Hmm, maybe some REM tests would be useful?

edit: Also, I gotta say, it makes me smile to know that we are finally getting to the point we are understanding psychoactives in great detail, and thus respecting them for the powerful chemicals that they are. It reminds me that the truth always comes out in the end, even if it happens to be a turtle about it.
edit on 14-6-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
It's a 'wise tale' that humans only use part of the brain at any time, we use our entire neurological functions at all times except when we are unconscious. This article had zero credibility. A silly 5-second animated gif, common, really? There is no magic, but if it makes you feel better then there is magic, so harness it then! and get a real job.

BTW this is far from the first time neurological functions have been recorded by a visual representation. This article is woo, pseudo science at best, laughable. It feeds only dreams and dreamers.

Someone's an angry skeptic...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99

Originally posted by OnceReturned

Originally posted by LaTouffe
reply to post by foreshadower99

Hmmm, it could however increase our level of awarness, or as some would say gain psychic powers

But we carry on functioing even though we are unconsious with up to 60-70% brain activity which is A) amazing
B) could mean we can also be able use a higher amount of brain capacity whilst consious. How ever still a very interesting subject to all, we need to find more about before saying it's not possible.

Yes psychic power like telekinesis (I used it) or other things like that can be activated.
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

If you notice, most of the activity is in the right hemisphere, where the creative thinking goes onwards.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Warpthal

Yes Whilst awake that is.
But when He is asleep it differs throughout the time.
If we could control more of our brain I wonder what we could get now with
that in mind, the part of our brain that is being used whilst we are being awake
is for creativity so if we can use this so efficently so we could with others
if we learnt to. Unless we can't

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

It increased by alot. More then double i say but im no doctor

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

It makes one wonder if there really is not something to dreaming and visions. Is it our mind just going ape crazy or is it really putting our thoughts into a visual form for us to understand?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Perhaps our soul is sent to another dimension and the enviornment we are in
is the other dimension so we are actually somewhere else, however we may ot fully
be capable to travel yet. So we only transfer abit and then have to return to our phsyical bodies,
thats why we can actually visualise in our physical body towards the end of our sleep.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If they could somehow find a way to stimulate our conscious decisions while in a dream state, we could enable at will lucid dreaming..controlled dreaming, and eventually dream programming and the like (like the total recall comment earlier).

Pretty awesome concept...like watching the first transistor being created and speculating on the tech that can be designed from that.

Find a way to network together friends for shared dreaming, mix in programmed dream structures and such and voila, you have full blown virtual reality with the most powerful computer designed (so far)
edit on 16-6-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I wonder if the brain is taking all the information it gathered from our senses while awake, including information we are not consciously aware is being absorbed, and "post processing" it so to speak.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by l0vedim0

Your hypothesis has been proven true by many psychology experiments.

Information we are not consciously aware of (like flashing pictures too fast for us to see) is still comprehended by our subconscious.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue

Originally posted by Illustronic
It's a 'wise tale' that humans only use part of the brain at any time, we use our entire neurological functions at all times except when we are unconscious. This article had zero credibility. A silly 5-second animated gif, common, really? There is no magic, but if it makes you feel better then there is magic, so harness it then! and get a real job.

BTW this is far from the first time neurological functions have been recorded by a visual representation. This article is woo, pseudo science at best, laughable. It feeds only dreams and dreamers.

Someone's an angry skeptic...

Actually, I kinda thought the same thing. When I first read the thread title I was surprised, because I thought I had seen this in my Physiological Psychology class, so I didn't see how it could be new unless they meant for that exact particular type of scan.

Also, unfortunately it doesn't appear to be true that we use only a small percentage of our brain. Here is an article about it, if anyone is interested. SciAmer LINK

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaBetaGammaX

hmm....I read some of it because there is a fat wall of text but,
it's putting together evolution to explain. I personally don't think we
come from animals, there is worlds of difference between me and
an ape, I refuse to be lead into think I come from an ape because
I don't.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Well if you go further back, you are actually a decedent of a hydrogen atom, of which take a myriad of different atomic fusion paths. In short sir, you are actually made of stardust.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well,Jumping Jehoshaphat, that is incredible, there is nothing that we are not capable of accomplishing, but someone or something is still controlling the switchboard.

We are limited, you can move mountains.

I wish I could express what I see.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

reply to post by AlphaBetaGammaX

hmm....I read some of it because there is a fat wall of text but,
it's putting together evolution to explain. I personally don't think we
come from animals, there is worlds of difference between me and
an ape, I refuse to be lead into think I come from an ape because
I don't.

I agree, we don't even belong on this planet.
edit on 103030p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

reply to post by ExPostFacto

Perhaps our soul is sent to another dimension and the enviornment we are in
is the other dimension so we are actually somewhere else, however we may ot fully
be capable to travel yet. So we only transfer abit and then have to return to our phsyical bodies,
thats why we can actually visualise in our physical body towards the end of our sleep.

the illusion

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I have heard of artist and scientist that are given what seems like instructions in a dream,.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What I think is neat is when people are under anesthesia and they start talking foreign languages or accents they shouldn't know.....

They should do a Documentary on it and put it on the Discovery Channel.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join