It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Agencies Launch "Operation Chain Reaction"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I came up during the beginning of the home computer era, being 38. I agree Gates and the Apple guys are corrupt and greedy. To swim with sharks, you have to become a shark.

I am glad someone stole the idea for windows. Otherwise we would all still be using DOS launch menu's like back in the old days. LOL

Of course.

To swim in shark infested waters you have to think like a shark.

Been there, done that, moved on.

Not computer related but I know how to swim with sharks I assure you.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam

Well in all honesty, the idea of a windowing environment was not apples either. If my memory serves me right, it was a Xerox concept.

I think you got the picture I was speaking about though in that none of them were honest.

Pirates of Silicon Valley trailer

One of the best movies TNT ever produced.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13

Personally, I see American workers getting lazier, just as much as corporations get greedier.

Well when it comes to products made in the US for military or gov't use there are stringent requirements. I worked for a company that did contract work for the military and our specs were pretty narrow. Yet the components that were ordered from China and Russia were not optimal for the specs. In a sense corporate greed is what caused them to buy the cheaper yet inferior foreign made components. But when the components cannot pass the shipping inspection you just waste time and money. These days quality is sacrificed for cheapness. But what does the government expect with how high the cost of doing business is high in the states? Plus when you consider how these foreign companies run their businesses, cheap labor, lack of environmental concern it doesn't seem so "green" either.

Of course.

But I've seen the work ethic when working with others and training others.

Lazier than crap when it comes to actually doing what society classes as work.

There needs to be a finite line between cost-effective and cheap in regards to product quality.

Whether we're addressing Government, Military, or other corporations products being made.

Everyone seems to have their hand out for the "hand-out" of prices increases through bribery.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Unfortunately I need to head off to work now, and while I have full access via my phone, its rather difficult to maintain a flow of ideas while working and on such a small screen. Perhaps we can continue this conversation about the pros and cons of the ideas at a later time.

In the words of the Prisoner
"Be seeing you"
edit on 14-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam

Unfortunately I need to head off to work now, and while I have full access via my phone, its rather difficult to maintain a flow of ideas while working and on such a small screen. Perhaps we can continue this conversation about the pros and cons of the ideas at a later time.

In the words of the Prisoner
"Be seeing you"
edit on 14-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

Have fun at work.

And the discussion is always open.

There is much more to this than fundamental property rights.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
So will this see the end of cheap goods from China?
No!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
So will this see the end of cheap goods from China?
No!

You mean cheap Chinese crap made in a sweat-shop that falls apart in your hands?

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I have no issue with cheap as in cost, you know, cost-effective, but I do when equals crap quality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join