It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alices Adventures In The Land Of Drugs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hiya. We had to read books and stuff for school. lol. And, I read Alice In Wonderland&Through The Looking Glass for some odd reason. Maybe cuz I saw the movie?

But, as I was reading it, I kept noticing really odd things. The caterpillar with the hookah, and the way everthing is acting out at play.

Well, I listened to a song called White Rabit and it cleared some stuff up. As it made very much sense. The concept of all of this stuff Alice is seeing, is she is a girl who find bottles and mushrooms and carrots and eats them. She grows bigger and smaller and so on and so forth. This is supposed to represent her addiction. And the Te Party Represented the three of them getting high on drugs. As the tea represented. And I'm not quite sure, but I think the Cheshire cat represents some guy telling her to stop? XD

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
thanks captain obvious

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is pretty old news....it's been well known foe some 20 years or so that "White Rabbit" is a drug song and that "Alice in Wonderland" is drug realted......

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's funny that you mentioned it, I have been studying it for some time now. Check out the following link it sounds like you will appreciate it.

www.sabian.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There's also the Anonymous book, "Go Ask Alice", which is the purported diary of a drug addicted teenage girl we had to read in highschool.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yes, many psychedelic drug users have made this connection over the years. Lewis Carroll was a teacher at a church institution and was a mathematician and very pious. The discovery and experimental use of psilocybin mushrooms hadn't happened yet. Carroll was not a drug user, as any biography could tell you. Since the book does have many whimsical elements as well as ALiCE receiving "signs" and things transforming throughout the book it seems to mimic a hallucinatory adventure. But we must remember that all this happens to ALice WHILE SHE IS DREAMING. It is very similar to a DREAM, which they did have in Victorian England as well as a psychedelic trip, which they did not.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

She grows bigger and smaller and so on and so forth. This is supposed to represent her addiction

I don't think this represented addiction, I think it represented changing perspective of reality. Mushrooms seriously distort your depth perception and perception of sizes and such.

The Cheshire Cat didn't really come out someone telling her to stop in my mind. I haven't seen the movie in awhile, lol, if only you knew what i was doing the last time i saw it, so I'm not sure what the cheshire cat could be.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I always thought that Alice In Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz were both drug trips come to life...

top topics

join