It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by jimmyx
Originally posted by neo96
you wanna create jobs then understand this:
why is it cheaper to have a product made 10,000 miles away and shipped here than to have the same product make 1 mile away from where you live?
those are bad ideas op.
the answer to that question is:governement.
so i guess your idea is to pay 300 dollars a month to american workers and no benefits, that's what chinese workers get on average...yeah that will make us competitive, but that's what business wants.
Originally posted by princeofpeace
Negative on that one. Why? So these folks can come here then disappear? just what we need....more folks who dont live here to come and drain us dry.
Originally posted by poet1b
• Make it easier for foreign tourists to obtain visas to travel to the US.
Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
How to create jobs 101
The Federal Government needs to do the following...
1) cut corporate and payroll taxes in half (at a minimum)
2) give tax breaks/incentives to employers
3) stop over-regulating
4) domestic energy production (drill baby drill)
5) Get the hell out of the way
Originally posted by Ahabstar
3) Free Trade Agreements are not conducive to American workers. If US based businesses wish to operate overseas for cheaper labor then fine. But the American workers should not have to be sacrificed to third world wages. Tariff the imported goods to encourage local hiring and therefore boosting the local economy. Detroit should not look like a bombed out city just because the workers in Windsor, Canada save GM $5 an hour per laborer and ask for government bailouts to keep the doors open.