It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These masons are everywhere

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Welcome to the Craft Bro. O'Neal. You should have asked to join before you retired from the game though, the Greatest Masonic Secret of All Time is learning how to shoot a free throw.

I think it would be a treat to see Richard Dreyfus do some floor work in a lodge room.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My question simply who cares anymore op, i mean seriously the masons have become nothing more than a unionized labor force that takes anyone in!

Not sure why you were so worried about being hit with rocks about the masons

Hell this cult has become as commericialized as coke, with less taste

What i have always found out: never worry about this entity that publicizes itself. No, worry about the one that doesn't

Ata boy shak, you goo whoot whoot, make sure you pay your dues though

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by network dude

Thanks for your input, but can you offer proof of your claim?

Kennedy's quote specifically mentioned secret societies, so until it is proven otherwise, I'll stand by his words.

Let's also note that while he was President, he got rid of all the czars.

You might want to check your sources on that claim. Kennedy was about 4 decades late for that. Try Woodrow Wilson.

Thanks for your info and sarcasm, but I did a thorough search on American czars and posted a thread about it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
It didn't get that great of a response, but Bush sure holds the record and Obama isn't far behind. Make sure you notice that Kennedy was the only President since 1933 who didn't have any czars during his time since they were enacted by Roosevelt.

Regarding all the Masons who are attacking my views and thinking that I don't uphold rights to assemble. Believe whatever you want. I have no problem with peaceful assembly and I don't believe in secrecy. If any of you even voted for more transparency in government and you're engaging in secret meetings, you're a hypocrite.

If being part of a brotherhood fulfills some empty hole, then go ahead. Whatever floats your boat. I just hope that some of you are willing to look to the top and wonder who exactly you're supporting and what exactly your dues are going towards. I think it's great that Masons do help sick children and people, but why can't they do everything out in the open?

If it makes you feel more important and special to be part of a group, than knock your socks off. Like I said above though, be careful who you're supporting and giving your money, time, and energy to. I believe that the members of the Skull and Bones know exactly who they're supporting.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by Homedawg

Shhhhhhhh, don't tell them that. LOL

What do you mean "them"? ROFL!!! My husband has been a mason for over 20 hrs and Im OES. ROFL!! You guys need to learn to recognize a joke when you see it.

Shaq is MASSIVE... as in he'd squish a goat. In fact, I think one of his shoes would make a fantastic Goat house. The young man wears a size 23 shoe! Rather than talking about him being a new Brother, we should be contemplating when the Nephilim returned to Earth.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9712a48528ff.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

If any of you even voted for more transparency in government and you're engaging in secret meetings, you're a hypocrite.
Why? A government official is being paid by my tax dollars. He works for me, ergo, I should know what he's doing.

I don't work for the people. Why shouldn't I have privacy?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Thanks for your input, but can you offer proof of your claim?

Kennedy's quote specifically mentioned secret societies, so until it is proven otherwise, I'll stand by his words.

Let's also note that while he was President, he got rid of all the czars.

You might want to check your sources on that claim. Kennedy was about 4 decades late for that. Try Woodrow Wilson.

Thanks for your info and sarcasm, but I did a thorough search on American czars and posted a thread about it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well that's just Smurfy© that you posted a thread in another forum. You know what descriptor was missing from your earlier post? "American". Bit of a difference. And making claims two generations removed from historical fact wouldn't have been the most egregious factual faux pas to have surfaced in this forum.

Regarding all the Masons who are attacking my views and thinking that I don't uphold rights to assemble. Believe whatever you want. I have no problem with peaceful assembly and I don't believe in secrecy. If any of you even voted for more transparency in government and you're engaging in secret meetings, you're a hypocrite.

Problem is, you as if that which you aren't personally party to is by definition underhanded until proved otherwise. That's how the Napoleonic Code works: guilty until proved innocent. Not how it works on this side of the pond (or most of the other side for that matter). My wife and I don't invite you into out bedroom; are we now suspect in your eyes? How about not inviting you into our house? Don't invite you along with friends. At what point does that which you don't belong to become potentially evil? Why at that point and not earlier?

And where does your desire to know trump my desire to tell you to pound sand?

If being part of a brotherhood fulfills some empty hole, then go ahead. Whatever floats your boat.

Empty hole? Not exactly. As an adjunct to my faith? Certainly.

I just hope that some of you are willing to look to the top and wonder who exactly you're supporting and what exactly your dues are going towards. I think it's great that Masons do help sick children and people, but why can't they do everything out in the open?

We do. The vast majority of charitable and social deeds are done without the childish need for immediate recognition. In fact, part of the lecture in the 3rd Degree specifically recommends the newly-made Master Mason to do the good deeds that need doing for the sake of doing them and not for the glory. If this is a bad thing in your book then I'd sooner be your intractable foe.

If it makes you feel more important and special to be part of a group, than knock your socks off. Like I said above though, be careful who you're supporting and giving your money, time, and energy to. I believe that the members of the Skull and Bones know exactly who they're supporting.

Which would matter a tinkers damn if Skull and Bones were Masonic. But it isn't (despite repeated assertions by people who're neither Bonesmen nor Masons). I don't fritter away my time or money and I'm well-satisfied that both have been well-placed.

But that's just my view as a Mason; as a non-Mason, you feel you know more about the society I'm a member of. I'll let the common sense of others decide which viewpoint is more supportable.

BTW? The "that's just Smurfy©" line? THAT is sarcasm.

HTH
Fitz

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Wow! Now who's reading between the lines?

Did I say that the Skull and Bones was masonic? No. Revisit my original post where I mention all fraternities. You do agree that the Skull and Bones is a fraternity, right?

How childish of you to compare the secrecy of a group to you and your wife needing secrecy in the bedroom! What even makes you think that I'd even want to see you both doing what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms? You cannot even compare privacy in one's home to that of an organization. In regards to privacy, EVERYONE is entitled to an expectation of privacy within one's own residence.

I love how masons and other fraternal organizations love to defend their right to privacy, but nobody ever wants to expand upon WHY they need to be secretive and WHAT goes on that may be disrupted if it was to be placed into the light.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Fitzgibbon

I love how masons and other fraternal organizations love to defend their right to privacy, but nobody ever wants to expand upon WHY they need to be secretive and WHAT goes on that may be disrupted if it was to be placed into the light.

...and yet, everyone complains if someone posts *SPOILERS* on IMDB without a warning! Seriously, the secrecy is in part to preserve the element of surprise to new initiates. If they knew exactly what to expect, the lessons inculcated wouldn't have the same...impact. Another aspect of secrecy is that of recognition, the Brethren have Obligations to all mankind, but more especially a Brother.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

If any of you even voted for more transparency in government and you're engaging in secret meetings, you're a hypocrite.

As a taxpayer, I have a right to know the extent of the inner workings of government that is feasible, because I'm paying for it to happen. What stake do you have in Masonic operations that gives you the right to know everything?

You cannot even compare privacy in one's home to that of an organization. In regards to privacy, EVERYONE is entitled to an expectation of privacy within one's own residence.

Actually, case law says the expectation of privacy guaranteed by the 4th Amendment extends to all privately-owned spaces and any public spaces previously established as temporary or permanent grounds for private activity. Unless you care to state exactly what you think is going on, you've got no ground here. I know you're not proud to be an American, but you can at least have respect for her laws.

I love how masons and other fraternal organizations love to defend their right to privacy, but nobody ever wants to expand upon WHY they need to be secretive

Nobody?

and WHAT goes on that may be disrupted if it was to be placed into the light.

Ever?

[I've seen both of those websites lined and quoted by Masons here. ATS Search is your friend.]

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I wasn't so much attacking your beliefs, but rather pointing out the double standard that you believe in the 1st Amemdment, but only if they meet in how you see fit.

Also, what a PRIVATE citizen does is not comparible to GOVERNMENT. Government exists to serve us, not the other way around. I don't need to justify myself to them as I am not an elected paid official, but they sure better be representing my values if I voted for them and paying them with tax money. The Masons do not receive tax payer money, we are completely privately funded and thus are a private organization and entitled to private meetings.

I just hope that some of you are willing to look to the top and wonder who exactly you're supporting and what exactly your dues are going towards.

I know exactly where all my dues go. Some of it goes to per capita fee to the Grand level, but most of it stays in our bank accounts to be used to pay bills, fix/clean/replace regalia, and buy misc. things such as food/drink for dinner or some other item to be established by the presiding officer at the local level. Every year the Master of my Lodge has to give a budget for the year and live as closely as he can to it. At every monthly meeting we go over the financial report and if you want a copy of the treasurer's report we hand it out.

How childish of you to compare the secrecy of a group to you and your wife needing secrecy in the bedroom! What even makes you think that I'd even want to see you both doing what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms? You cannot even compare privacy in one's home to that of an organization. In regards to privacy, EVERYONE is entitled to an expectation of privacy within one's own residence.

Well, with this statement then what Freemasons do is perfectly fine as we usually own the buildings we meet in.

Everyone enjoys privacy/secrecy, everyone. Even you. Why are you singling us out?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuslimBrother
Freemasons are a stem of what the demons gave out falsely during the Reign of prophet Solomon (pce b upon him)

According to who?

this is why no masonic oriented government can allow for Islamic law in any other nation.

Ummm....there is no Masonic oriented government other than the governing bodies of the Craft. Plus, why would anyone want to emplace a religious set of laws? America at least is a religious tolerant nation (I'm sure you find this wrong).

It is because when the Qur'an is recited in arabic, it is the only thing that can stop there 'craft'

The Masons are not against the Koran. The only enemies to Freemasonry are tyranny, ignorance, and fanaticism.

i've had my experiences in a courthouse in New Jersey.

I'm sure you've seen the inside of a courthouse before.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Seems that now you gotta be a Mason first to be famous.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by santootsie

I guess there is a lot of Hollywood actors that would disagree.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MuslimBrother

and I pray that you will one day stop the hate and learn to love your brother man, instead of trying to lay claim to his future, based on your beliefs and disregarding his.

You are no different than a fanatical Christian shouting bible verses at everyone and telling them they are doomed to hell. Learn to read the book AND understand it.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I by no means hate on someone who is part-taking in satanic practices. I on the other hand will continue to convey the truth and do my best to enlighten those who haven't fallen into the pits of darkness yet.

I believe what has been sent upon me, and what has been sent down on Abraham, Ismael, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Jesus and what has been sent down to all the prophets from their Lord. And i have surrendered my self to God. That is Islam. The absolute truth. There is no esoteric system in the Qur'an.

www.quranexplorer.com/quran

The only problem is that you cannot practice in front of a strong Muslim. Because a strong Muslim has already memorized the verses he needs to protect him/her from any demons that you may try to conjure using the 'craft'.

And Solomon did not disbelieve.

May Allah guide you to the light.

edit on 26-6-2011 by MuslimBrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MuslimBrother

so satanic practices consists of exactly what? The brotherly love, the charity, or the love of God? Which part is demonic in nature?

If you truly understood that which you condemn, you would feel foolish for your statements. Masonry is the one catalyst that can bring people of other faiths together to pay tribute to God without barriers. You don't have to join to know that, but you do have to learn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join