It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These masons are everywhere

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Just wanted to congradulate a newly raised brother, Brother Shaquille O'Neal aka The Big Square

He was made a mason on site by the Grand Master of the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Mass.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc23b707c220.jpg[/atsimg]

I wonder if he actually rode the goat?!?!?

Hopefully this thread doesnt turn in to a huge insult slinging match from people who think masons are devils that run the country.....

Or into an argument about affiliation and jurisdictions
edit on 14/6/11 by AdamAnt because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/6/11 by AdamAnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yeah, I read about this on a Masonic forum and a Masonic blog. Around the same time in DC, Richard Dreyfuss was made a Master Mason on site.

Dreyfuss

Oneal
edit on 14-6-2011 by KSigMason because: added links

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

I hope Shaq will spend some time learning his degree work and finding out what masonry is all about. Since he is retiring, he might have time for that. It makes me happy to see anyone find the craft.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
• Are Prince Hall Masons recognized as regular under Scottish Rite and York Rite Grand Lounges?

• Can a Prince Hall Mason enter the lodges of and participate equally in York or Scottish rituals, ceremonies, meetings, etc.?

• Can Masons from the York Rite enter a Scottish Rite Lounge equally and participate in ceremonies, rituals, meetings, etc.? And Vice versa?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
No.They can not.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stormofnight

The Grand Lodge of Idaho recognizes most PHA and their appendant orders.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
• Are Prince Hall Masons recognized as regular under Scottish Rite and York Rite Grand Lounges?

The Scottish and York Rites are not blue lodges organized into Grand Lodges; they're appendant bodies which Master Masons choose to join. Usually, a Prince Hall Mason can join a Scottish Rite or York Rite body if his Grand Lodge is recognized by the mainstream Grand Lodge in his jurisdiction. There are also PHA York Rite and Scottish Rite bodies.

• Can a Prince Hall Mason enter the lodges of and participate equally in York or Scottish rituals, ceremonies, meetings, etc.?

This question seems predicated on the previous one's misconception, and has two answers based on that fork: a) Not if he's not a member of the York or Scottish Rite (and neither could any mainstream Mason); b) if a PHA jurisdiction is recognized by its mainstream Grand Lodge counterpart (all but about a dozen are), then yes, there is no restriction against attending each other's meetings.

• Can Masons from the York Rite enter a Scottish Rite Lounge equally and participate in ceremonies, rituals, meetings, etc.? And Vice versa?

The bodies aren't mutually exclusive, and many Masons are members of both. That said, a solely Scottish Rite Mason could not participate in the York Rite, and vice versa.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Shaquille O'Neal is an idiot, literally.

This is an excellent example of how Masonry has become a disgusting pyramid scheme.

Shrug, Masonry was corrupted long before I was born, this is no surprise.

The founders of New Atlantis must be pinwheeling in their graves.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Version100

How is he an idiot? From what I've read he is a well educated individual, and is currently striving for a PhD (I believe).

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Version100

I would be nice to have his idiot money.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Version100

I would be nice to have his idiot money.

And that is why he was recruited to Masonry, nothing more.

Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

How is he an idiot? From what I've read he is a well educated individual, and is currently striving for a PhD (I believe).

Quotes from your genius:

"I don't think we learned a lesson; I think it was a learning experience for us. "

"I've won at every level, except college and pro."

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Except he is not required to pay more than anyone else. It is up to him if he wants to donate anything extra, but he could've done that as a non-member.

lol...some of those are pretty funny, but being a poor speaker doesn't mean you are not intelligent.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamAnt

I wonder if he actually rode the goat?!?!?

Sniffle

That poor, poor goat!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Relax....this is just surface stuff, most of the people will not get to the top levels.
This is just to better the image of the fraternity, it's why they let everyone in, to say it's no big deal.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I'm sorry guys, not being from America. Who is he?
I mean, I welcome him into the Craft, but really, I have no idea who he is. I do know that I am sure they traded a steer for him to ride instead of the traditional goat. That is one mountain of a man.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Thanks but no thanks...

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 15/6/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Shaq is a well known American Basketball player.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Ah, okay. Thank you for that Brother.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Nobody rides a goat....myth busted

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join