It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lulzsec (hackers) take down Eve online / Minecraft servers (next victims in their ongoing attacks) -

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

Originally posted by dethduck
And now they're just about to take down something else LulzSec Twitter

Instaed of linking, can you also add the text?

This is what they said.

LulzSec The Lulz Boat
We're eying up the next target... laying off Minecraft, so go play that. Preparing a cannon attack on our main artillery shells!

Seems like minecraft is now safe. The miners have been spared!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
EPIC has been hit...

www.gamefreaks.co.nz...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

League of Legends login servers down.

twitter.com...#!/LulzSec

Ouch - yet another harmless game down.

These wannabe's need to be taught a lesson and leave it to Anonymous.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
And they strike again

LulzSec The Lulz Boat

League of Legends login servers down.
Apparently they have a bug for gamers today.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The more I see this, the more I think this IS an operation to discredit any hacker groups by turning their support base against them, GAMERS and nerds.

Twitter does not take down lulsec feeds. Why?

Lulsecurity.com domain is still not siezed. Why?

Stinks to high heaven.

Now that I am directly affected.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

EPIC has been hit...

www.gamefreaks.co.nz...

The developer of Gears of War has sent out an email confirming a recent hacking attack to its website and forum. The email states:
“Our Epic Games web sites and forums were recently hacked. After some downtime, they’re back up and running now.
The hackers may have obtained the email addresses and encrypted passwords of forum users. Plaintext passwords weren’t revealed, but it’s possible that those passwords could be obtained by a brute-force attack on the encrypted passwords. Therefore, we have reset all passwords. Your new password at the bottom of this message.
The Unreal Developer Network (UDN) hasn’t been compromised. Thankfully, none of our web sites ask for, or store, credit card information or other financial data.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience, and appreciate everyone’s patience as we wrestle our servers back under control.
Tim Sweeney
Founder, Epic Games Inc”.
Epic are one of the latest firms to have been affected by such attacks, alongside the likes of Codemasters, Nintendo, Square-Enix, and Sony.

Seems like no financial details have been taken, seems more like a DDOS than a genuine attempt at a security breach.

Wonder what software they are using? A LOIC?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

LulzSec The Lulz Boat
And that concludes our DDoS party: Escapist Magazine, Eve Online,
Minecraft, League of Legends + 8 phone requests. #TitanicTakeoverTuesday
Thank god, they're done...for, whatever reason they did it in the first place.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

EPIC has been hit...

www.gamefreaks.co.nz...

The developer of Gears of War has sent out an email confirming a recent hacking attack to its website and forum. The email states:
“Our Epic Games web sites and forums were recently hacked. After some downtime, they’re back up and running now.
The hackers may have obtained the email addresses and encrypted passwords of forum users. Plaintext passwords weren’t revealed, but it’s possible that those passwords could be obtained by a brute-force attack on the encrypted passwords. Therefore, we have reset all passwords. Your new password at the bottom of this message.
The Unreal Developer Network (UDN) hasn’t been compromised. Thankfully, none of our web sites ask for, or store, credit card information or other financial data.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience, and appreciate everyone’s patience as we wrestle our servers back under control.
Tim Sweeney
Founder, Epic Games Inc”.
Epic are one of the latest firms to have been affected by such attacks, alongside the likes of Codemasters, Nintendo, Square-Enix, and Sony.

Seems like no financial details have been taken, seems more like a DDOS than a genuine attempt at a security breach.

Wonder what software they are using? A LOIC?

Yeah Sony, RSA all said the same thing, then they admitted it was compromised.

Company A says Company A is secure. Yeah, i feel warm and fuzzy.

FORCE users to change all passwords after a breach, period. Like Epic did.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

thread here too oh my
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think we all need to start reporting their feed to TWITTER and to get their domain SIEZED.

That has happened to people for less things, so if there was any reason to do it, this is one surely?

I think the best we can hope for is that it was just that a DDOS.

Change your passwords anyway.

My internet is being a pig, I wonder if my ISP (Vodafone) was a big player in the DDOS net? It is better now for some reason, either that, or the space weather

edit on 14-6-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
From past experience, you can kiss EVE goodbye for the next 2 hours, or the evening.

And expect the forum to light up when its back with demands.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
something about this whole fiasco STINKS

remember this all started awhile back with the goverments vast anti-piracy efforts kicking off. then they nail some guys for hacking the ps3, and then anon hacks sony in response.

so here we are today and more and more video games are getting hacked. I think this is gov-ops to turn hackers main supporters against them, and finally squelch the demand for piracy at the same time. not to mention gives a helluva excuse to congress to pass more s#itty net laws.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
something about this whole fiasco STINKS

remember this all started awhile back with the goverments vast anti-piracy efforts kicking off. then they nail some guys for hacking the ps3, and then anon hacks sony in response.

so here we are today and more and more video games are getting hacked. I think this is gov-ops to turn hackers main supporters against them, and finally squelch the demand for piracy at the same time. not to mention gives a helluva excuse to congress to pass more s#itty net laws.

Best test of the theory, think how YOU would get a revolt going?

Yeah; I came up with the same answer. Cut off their support base.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here's a great article.

www.chronicle.su...

Now close your eyes, and visualize the situation Anonymous faced after SonyGate. Someone, leaving the calling card of Anonymous, had accessed the personal information of tens of millions of people. Regardless of whoever was behind this attack, Anonymous stood to lose followers. Think of what a good troll would do in this situation. It doesn’t take a genius to see that LulzSec is the perfect solution.

So a minority splinter group, but breaking the unspoken rules of anonymous by attacking the undeserving.

However, LulzSec purposefully breaks the unspoken rules of Anonymous. That is, they have attacked media and leaked the information of innocent people. This doesn’t solve the problem of Joe six pack’s hatred at Anonymous ruining his Call of Duty, but it does solve the glaring DDoS drop off in the wake of the Sony fiasco.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

i'm not so sure anon did sony. i think lulzsec would find it funny to leave a file claiming to be anonymous and watch the ensuing fireworks.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If they take down STEAM, now that's a big problem.

Steam also connects to PSN.

Be afraid.

Actuall im scaring myself, gona remove my CC details anyway lol.

Best to just enter it everytime, just adds 2 more minutes.

TO DO THIS:...

1) Log onto Steam
2) Click xxx Account (top right of the window)
3) top right of the window with the CC, click "Delete"

edit on 14-6-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by wingsfan

i'm not so sure anon did sony. i think lulzsec would find it funny to leave a file claiming to be anonymous and watch the ensuing fireworks.

Indeed. Didn't anon deny it?

www.guardian.co.uk...

Anonymous says Sony accusations over PlayStation Network hack are lies
Activist group denies link with theft of up to 100m personal and credit card details, saying its aims are politicalc

Yep ^^

www.zdnet.co.uk...

www.ibtimes.com...

Seems like Anon now know who's been trying to frame them?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

didn't anon admit to the initial hack, but not the user info? with all the things in this world they could be digging into, video game servers and user info dosen't make sense.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck

LulzSec The Lulz Boat
And that concludes our DDoS party: Escapist Magazine, Eve Online,
Minecraft, League of Legends + 8 phone requests. #TitanicTakeoverTuesday
Thank god, they're done...for, whatever reason they did it in the first place.

+8 Phone requests?

What is their accent and dialect I wonder.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
S & F so I can follow this thread, thanks for posting, interesting stuff for sure.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join