It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Reports Ron Paul At 0% While CNN Online Poll Shows Him At 75%

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

The only thing they can do is take stuff out of context, and lie about him. Unfortunately this crap works on the idiots who consider TV to be edumacation.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If the fact that the media, or rather their corporate handlers, decide who is ultimately a viable candidate is news to you.

You have a lot of catching up to do.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
Here we go, here's the nauseating MSM propaganda.

Fox is just as bad as CNN, and they're supposed to be more conservative friendly...Doesn't look like it when it comes to Ron Paul. Just another faction within the propaganda machine. They have their shareholders and sponsors to look out for after all.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
FYI...this is alleged to be an answer back from CNN about the poll:
Here's an excerpt:

"...The results mentioned on American Morning came from the National Journal Political Insiders Poll, which is a regular survey of POLITICAL OPERATIVES, strategists, CAMPAIGN CONSULTANTS, and LOBBYISTS in both parties. Their site lists the names of both the Republican and Democrat Insiders who were surveyed for the debate..."
www.dailypaul.com...

I find the comments interesting, as well...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I saw this happening live and was so pissed off when they poll came on the TV with those bull# numbers, I cant beleive how ridiculous they are!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Lets see here, after Reagan, who were the choices, George H.W. Bush, mr a.k.a head of the cia for over 20 years vs Gary Heart, the famous Willie Horton campaign, that sunk Gary Hart, than Bush, Bush wins and he increases, and believe I actually thought he was going to, he made to mistake back in those days of thinking he could make deals with the Democrats, he was wrong the tax increase got used against him.

This deal with the Democrats helped Bill Clinton win, Clinton and of course his partner in crime Hillary Clinton the
Republicans through every thing but the kitchen sink at Bill Clinton, but nothing sinks this guy even after Republicans one in 1995, then the economy recovered and that probably means that Clinton will win again and he did win again.

In 2000 George W Bush runs for office vs Al Gore, or as I jokingly call him forest gore, Bush wins a year down the road 9/11 happens after that gas price went up, we went to war in Afghanistan, for whatever reasons Iraq,

In 2008 You had Barack Obam vs John McCain, Obama won, because perhaps concerns about McCains health by voters, that and he has to stop his campaign, Obama wins

Now Obama vs ? in 2012, will it be Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, will Jeb Bush, or it will be Chris Christie, who I get most excited about.

Basically it has been since there has been big time talented conservative Republicans that have ran for office that excite the Republicans, since Reagan way back in 80, maybe it will be Chris Christie

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is a great compilation of the MSM propaganda against Ron Paul

Anyway...I've seen enough of it. I hope my generation, gen x and gen y will wake up and see that this election will determine the living circumstances in their near future. These baby boomers are going to absorb the MSM propaganda like sponges...so I can only hope that enough of us will make an effort to campaign and educate others about the issues.

edit on 15-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Its a shame, I thought Ron Paul would of been top percentage. Only person I thought who made more sense. The other candidates plans were nothing but a pipe dream.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Yeah, and this crap tactic works on the majority of people, who think they are up on what is going down in the world by watching an hour of news every night.... On the majority of people that only read the sports and comics section of the newspaper.... On the majority of people who have never bothered to see what the hell our government is passing.... People that think what their favorite celebrity ate for for lunch is important! Makes me so angry.
edit on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 20:20:57 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I totally agree with the op. I also ran across this.
They just can't touch him on anything. I mean anything.

edit on 15-6-2011 by j2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by warren3720

Lets see here, after Reagan, who were the choices, George H.W. Bush, mr a.k.a head of the cia for over 20 years vs Gary Heart, the famous Willie Horton campaign, that sunk Gary Hart,

Actually the Democratic candidate was Dukakis. The Willie Horton ad sunk him. Gary Hart dropped out earlier due to an appearance of impropriety concerning an attractive young woman.

Just getting the facts straight.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Haha it's almost like they were forced to say something along those lines, so Ron Paul choose to say a smartass remark to out due them all..

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's no secret that the media decides the "frontrunner" - and whoever the media promotes as "the frontrunner" becomes the frontrunner. That's how Kerry became the Democratic candidate back in 2004. The reality was that Howard Dean was the most popular candidate, he had a huge lead. Didn't matter though...
edit on 15-6-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hi OP and All,

You know, on this I'll be brief as it's such a suttle--big thing not requiring a bunch of words. CNN controls what we see and hear. If CNN neglects our interests for their agendas, well then

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
www.wanttoknow.info...

Howard Dean's Demise

Revealing Information Reported by Associated Press/ABC

A Washington Post article from December 2003 shows a poll with John Kerry being chosen by only six percent of Democrats likely to vote. He trailed even Joe Lieberman and Al Sharpton at the time. Howard Dean led the all other Democratic candidates by 20 percentage points. How is it that things changed so quickly? The two articles below (shortened for your convenience) are very informative. And just to be clear, I am non-partisan and feel this issue has nothing to do with political party affiliations and everything to do with undemocratic manipulation of our elections. I invite us all to pay attention to what is happening around us.

Fallout from Dean's scream on news networks

NEW YORK (AP) — It probably means little now to Howard Dean, but CNN's top executive believes his network overplayed the infamous clip of Dean's "scream" after the Iowa caucuses. "It was a big story, but the challenge in a 24-hour news network is that you try to keep all of your different viewers throughout the day informed without overdoing it," said Princell Hair, CNN's general manager. The media explosion turned the former Democratic presidential front-runner into a punch line and arguably hastened his campaign's free fall. It's also an instructive look at how television news and entertainment works today.

"It was totally unfair," said Joe Trippi, who lost his job as Dean's campaign manager in the fallout. "I don't think there was any question about it." Trippi accepts that the footage was newsworthy, but he figured it was a one-day story. Instead, CNN cable and broadcast news networks aired Dean's Iowa exclamation 633 times — and that doesn't include local news or talk shows — in the four days after it was made, according to the Hotline, a Washington-based newsletter. "It shouldn't be an anvil that you keep hammering to destroy his candidacy," Trippi said.

The cable news networks ran and reran the video. They analyzed it. They ran footage of the late-night comedians joking about it. They played the instant Internet songs that sampled Dean's shout. Virtually overnight, the "I Have a Scream" speech became legend. It took on such a life, said Paul Slavin, senior vice president of ABC News, that "the amount of attention it was receiving necessitated more attention." Neither Slavin nor Mark Lukasiewicz, NBC News executive producer in charge of political coverage, believe the coverage was overdone. Roger Ailes, Fox News chairman, told ABC News it was "overplayed a bit."

edit on 16-6-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The American people have NEVER picked the President of the United States. We are NOT a Democracy.

We are a REPUBLIC. The Electoral College picks the President.

Who's the Electoral College? The Royal Families of America and their kids pick the President.

Ron Paul will never, ever, ever be the President of the United States. Did you notice how quick the American Royal Families shut up Trump?

"Yer fired"....before he even got to run.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

CNN = Canadian news network.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I find this rather hard to believe, especially the accuracy of the percentage. I was talking to a couple of American buddies at my university here in Europe, and I asked their opinion on Ron Paul and albeit three out of five liked him, they are probably not going to vote for him. You should understand that these people don't visit alternative news channels such as ATS and hence, they are dependent on MSM. They feel that Ron Paul makes no chance to win the elections and therefore, they will vote for the party of their favor that has the biggest chance of winning the elections. I would assume that this pattern represents the opinion of most Americans.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I will say this to Ron Paul supporters..

Spending your time and energy crying foul and casting Ron Paul as avictim of Media Bias is waste of energy.

Ron Paul for President! Because the Media is biased toward him!

How is that working out for Palin?

Geez. Put this energy toward mobilizing!

Talk about his stances!!! Not the Media.

The media will eat up an candidate underdog story with a passionate popular abcking!

They will not chase a complaint of media bias story!

Direct all this energy elsewhere. Get his message out. Stop complaining.

This complaining seems a huge waste of energy and doesn't help his cause.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Why is anyone surprised? CNN lies every day! They either do not report on important news of the day or misreport on it. Some times the headline is the only truth, every thing else reported "a lie". CNN has no journalistic objectivity because they always insist in what the truth is even when the majority of American's aren't buying their propaganda, be it related to the White House, Wars, the Economy, so some other story. Personally I see all the mainstream media news a huge distraction with absolutely no credibility. Where have all the real investigative reporters gone? All we see or readers, paid commentators and news personalities. CNN will never support Ron Paul because the NWO powers that be don't trust Paul to follow their orders no questions asked like the rest of the goof-ball GOP candidates. Besides, the elections are rigged by the powers that be. Those electronic voting machines are hacked. We need to return to all paper ballets.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join