It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Reports Ron Paul At 0% While CNN Online Poll Shows Him At 75%

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LauraC

Fox new always with their bull#. They actually think that all the people in the World believe everything they say and all the lies they want us to believe. So in this case the truth is .. ?

edit on 15-6-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Yes I agree with the bolded part, which was exactly my point. I am not saying that Ron Paul supporters should be treated any different, but do you honestly believe that he would garner 0% of the votes? Regardless of the methods used by some of his more rabid supporters, contrary to popular belief he does have a decent following and not all of them use said tactics. To have Bachman above him is laughable, so I call into question the choice poll used by CNN. There is absolutely no way he got 0%.

Please read my previous post. The Poll CNN referred where RP got 0% was a 54 person sample of exclusive political strategists that work for the DNC and GOP etc. It was NOT a public POLL!!! So yes....I believe when polling a small sample of professional political strategists as to who they think is the front-runner..who can be elected ...and polling only 54 of them...YES I believe no one said Ron Paul!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

It is 100% feasible for Ron Paul Fantasy to get a huge percentage in an unscientific "online" poll, and get a very low percentage in a scientific poll.
reply to post by Carseller4

Yes it is entirely feasible. What you fail to realize is that this would be THE story if CNN were a legitimate news organization. It would go something like this:

"Ron Paul wins our CNN poll with a massive 81%, along with clear margins of victory on a half-dozen more unscientific online polls, but insiders aren't convinced. In a poll of 54 politically well-connected Republicans Ron Paul got 0%. Why the disconnect? Are these insiders out of touch with the base, or do online polls misrepresent Dr. Paul's popularity?

Our panel will discuss this and more,..."

In the discussion I'm sure someone could actually put a ballpark % of actual support, using polls with more controls as balance. It is nonsense to dismiss his support entirely and frame the discussion of who won on this tiny obscure poll of "insiders." The network itself has a poll with a big story. A crushing win. News outlets run big stories. Unless the interests that own them tell them not to. That's the obvious conclusion.

If any of the other candidates got 81% of the network's own online poll, wouldn't that be not only the top story, but probably the top political story of the day? I think so. Regardless of how "unscientific" the polls are. To not report on your own network's poll is pretty telling.

Excellent thread, s&f.

edit on 15-6-2011 by joechip because: grammar

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

This p****d me off so much, I painted in big bold white letters "RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT" on my second story flat roof. I live in Long Island NY by the way with tons of NYC helicopters flying over my house each day.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the people's choice. Without a doubt.

Unfortunately, as usual, the people will have little to do with this outcome.

Ron, Rob, Bob, Don; I don't give a damn how CBS managed to misspell a seven letter name, because we all know( or should know by now)that DR RON PAUL is our nation's last, best chance.

By any spelling.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Yes I agree with the bolded part, which was exactly my point. I am not saying that Ron Paul supporters should be treated any different, but do you honestly believe that he would garner 0% of the votes? Regardless of the methods used by some of his more rabid supporters, contrary to popular belief he does have a decent following and not all of them use said tactics. To have Bachman above him is laughable, so I call into question the choice poll used by CNN. There is absolutely no way he got 0%.

Please read my previous post. The Poll CNN referred where RP got 0% was a 54 person sample of exclusive political strategists that work for the DNC and GOP etc. It was NOT a public POLL!!! So yes....I believe when polling a small sample of professional political strategists as to who they think is the front-runner..who can be elected ...and polling only 54 of them...YES I believe no one said Ron Paul!

I do not feel the need to read your previous post because you quoted me after the fact, I am simply replying to your statement you made when you quoted me.

It is the difference between measuring "committment/enthusiasm" by supporters and actual "number" of supporters.

Which then started our discussion.

A poll of 54 political strategists is hardly considered a scientific poll (addressing that to others in this thread not to you). That's a perfect example of picking and choosing which poll to advertise and which ones not to. Why would they use/show a poll that is quite inaccurate when referenced to the larger population (sample size, location, education, time of day etc.. all that needs to be accounted for)? If you want to bring up shady tactics of some of RP's followers, I hope you chose not to ignore the shady practices by the MSM to influence public opinion, which was exactly the point I was trying to make.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
As I stated before, the CNN poll is basically garbage, subject to the "rallying of the troops" made famous by the Paulistas last election.

Paul is NOT at 75% anywhere. Get over it. Those polls are completely bogus. That people would even reference polls like this shows them to be completely insane in terms of realistically assessing Paul's progress.

Probably a more realistic set of polls is right here where Paul at least places at 8%, but is far behind the undeclared Palin at 19% (Reuters).

But the RealClearPolitics.com average of polls places Perry ninth among GOP contenders with a 4 percent average. Paul ranks fifth at 7.1 percent behind polling leader Romney, Palin, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and former Godfather’s Pizza CEO Herman Cain.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
WOW!!

200 flags for this post!!

Are you crazy Ron Paul supporters hitting the back button and "re-flagging" posts
here on ATS?? Is that how this thread became so popular, so quickly?

OOOOPS...I forgot, you can't do that here at ATS

WOW! Have you seen how much money Ron Paul has in his campaign fund?

Must be those crazy online supporters of his, contributing to his campaign
by going to the bank and "hitting the back-button" on their accounts.

BTW, I'm a HUGE supporter of RON PAUL.,,,so I will be reposting this a few
hundred times

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Good find Ashley.

You can also expect the networks to begin their visual-onslaught of Dr Paul once again. You know - where whenever they show a picture of him in an article it's a "less-than-flattering" pose? Usually it's something along the lines of him looking a bit crazy or loony.

Politics just makes me sick sometimes

And then they put somethig about terrorism on the page with him just to remind people what they are supposed to be afraid of.

Lucky they don't lable ron paul as a terrorist and get it over with.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by AshleyD

They put the person that they fear the most at the bottom and they put the progressive, fake, phony conservative at the top. If Palin had been there she would be at the bottom too, because the left and the liberal media are SCARED TO DEATH of Palin and Ron Paul.

Actually, Palin's position on oil subsidies with "Drill Baby Drill" goes against the principle of the entire tea party. It might as well be romney and palin.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

That people would even reference polls like this shows them to be completely insane in terms of realistically assessing Paul's progress.

Yep, CNN is completely insane. Thanks for the support!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Who cares? Ron Paul has ran for President multiple times, and has never gotten enough votes to do much of anything. Everyone talks a big game, and says they're voting for him, but in the end, they vote for their party. It's always "party over person" or "party over principal". Ron Paul could get 99% of the votes in an online poll, but the ONLY poll that matters is the one in November 2012. And, if judging by past events can give us an indication, he'll get 3 or 4 percent of the vote. I'm a registered Republican, so that I can vote for people like Paul, but just like last time, my vote didn't matter, and McCain won the Republican vote.

So, the ONLY other option would be 3rd party. I've voted 3rd party in every election except 1996 for the general election, but even if Paul runs on a 3rd party ticket, the Obots and Republican die hards won't budge. They'll vote the "lesser of 2 evils" in their eyes. D and R...that's the way it will be.....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Haven't we heard this song before. When Dr. Paul was ahead in the polls, the MSM just stopped covering him entirely.

Yes Americans are frontrunners, they want the person they vote for to win.., makes em feel like they had a say in the matter LOL.

But really, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

WE CANNOT let this happen again.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It is high time for a damn revolution.

Dr. Paul is the only candidate with integrity, and that is why the powers that be will fight tooth and nail against Ron Paul succeeding.

Ron said it best, "Truth is Treason, in an Empire of Lies."

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Let this be a lesson that polls and studies are used to manipulate the masses. Anytime I read that a new poll says this or a new study says that, I chuckle.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
WOW!!

200 flags for this post!!

Are you crazy Ron Paul supporters hitting the back button and "re-flagging" posts
here on ATS?? Is that how this thread became so popular, so quickly?

200 flags for something that is totally bogus. That should give you pause right there. Everyone here, including Ron Paul's staunchest supporters, knows darn well that those fake-o polls prove nothing. Paul's supporters are certainly not the only crowd that rushes to the polls to fill them up. I've seen the same call to arms on firearms sights, for example, where someone like USA Today polls the pulse of the public on the second amendment. It's not EXCLUSIVELY a Ron Paul issue, but it IS an issue.

In any of the scientific polls, the ones that take a true random sample of the public, that are not "opt-in" "Y'all come on over and vote" polls, Ron Paul doesn't even break into double digits. Indeed, some undeclared candidates are ahead of him.

If you really believe Ron Paul is at 75% I would submit that you are completely delusional. You are using a completely unscientific poll to "prove" something that has not yet been proven at all. I suppose you have the complete right to be delusional if you want to, but let's just assume for a minute that everyone here, including me, really wants Ron Paul to win.

Do you think believing in this nonsense is helpful to 'our' cause? Do you believe this gives us a realistic sense of where Ron Paul is today in the polls and what he has to do to get nominated? If he's already at 75%, won't our task be much different than if he were at, say 8%? Wouldn't you 'spend the money differently'?

This reminds me of when Jesse Jackson was running his Rainbow Coalition campaign and 'doing well,' or so he thought, in polling even up to the Democratic convention itself. I remember him saying, "There's somthin' happenin' in this land!" His supporters actually believed they were going to win the nomination. They thought he had it sewn up. But he wound up with 8% of the delegates. Of course, he had people to blame, the MSM or "Party Rules."

Paul supporters will have similar bogeymen to blame--again.

People who are actively against Ron Paul will be looking at activity such as this thread and simply smile. Ron Paul supporters are being delusional again, and as long as they fail to understand where they are really at, they will be incapable of winning.

That's what you all are demonstrating right now. You're getting lots of flags, but a flag /= a delegate.

Dream on.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The media is going to continue to try to pull the wool over our eyes, we must do everything we can to spread the word about Ron Paul.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

That was a LOT to write to express your obvious angst toward Paul supporters, lol. The sad part is, you and a few others STILL aren't getting it. This isn't about internet polls. I could care less what polls say, personally.

The point of this thread in my opinion is to show how the MSM blatantly is lying to fit whatever agenda they want. You said it yourself, the polls mean nothing, right? So we could say, CNN broadcasted a bogus poll (one that put Ron Paul at 0%) then declared (lied) that Mit Romney was the winner as a result of that BOGUS poll of which had 54 votes from a website not even belonging to CNN. These lies went out to millions of viewers whether you or I like it or not.

Now, I'm sure when Fox news pulls their propaganda on Obama, you don't like it so much do you? So the question you should be asking yourself is, are you politically biased when it comes to the lies that the media spits out? Is it ok for one to blatantly lie when it benefits your party? Is lying only *sometimes* ok as long as it fits your parties' agenda?

Take some time and really ask yourself that question because THIS is the problem with politics today, and it's only going to get worse until the PEOPLE make it absolutely clear that they have had enough!
edit on 15-6-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

-------------------------
That's entirely possible. As I stated before, "Who were those insiders?". Lobbyists, etc.? Nonetheless, it's still an underhanded tactic, imo. The average person only hears the "Poll--Ron Paul got zero" part of it...and I believe those broadcasting this information are well aware of that...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You really can't argue with Ron Paul.

He has comebacks for all your attacks. Always 1 step ahead.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join