It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace in an animal mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ok so yes a depressing statement to make, however it is something I feel will put things into perspective. We as a race on this earth have lived for thousands of years. Now can you think of one civilisation that has been at peace? One country that hasn’t been left with the scars of war?

We like to think of ourselves as above animals, even above tribesmen who fight each other over territory, resources and greed. However, though we perceive ourselves as more civilised we are still animals; it is the ugly truth that conflict is within each and every one of us. We are not more superior to animals and no more intelligent in terms of understanding the world, in fact we are the most deluded of any creature.

So with a history of war and fighting, since the earliest records do you feel all of a sudden that can change? Thousands of years of fighting stopped within our life time? I don’t think the fighting will ever stop; we will always be at war with each other just as other species will be at war with each other.

So why am I saying all of this, am I suggesting we give up fighting to free the world? No. Is this a suggestion to let ourselves be overcome with greed and ignore the inevitable? No. The reason I created this is because each and everyone one of us has a connection to one another on a level most do not understand.

Our animal bodies, desires, emotions will live a life of joys and pains. This is what most focus on, the 3 dimensional realm which is natural for an animal. If you fear the unknown you will reach out and grab something, you will look around and find the nearest source of comfort.

This is the illusion; we are sitting on top of a chess board. We are given the rules once we are born; we accept the conditions and the board from which we play. How you choose to play is down to how your perceive the situation. If you are on a chess board, do you make your choices by observing the chess pieces around you? Or do look beyond the board, and peer into the mind of the chess player?

I hope this has been of help, I just wrote it as I went along letting my mind give me the information. I guess to summarise, if you choose to remain in your 3dimensional world you must only expect 3 dimensional reactions. If you can only understand or accept what is seen within your own vision then by your own free will you choose to ignore that which is outside or your peripheral vision.

After reading through I see a deep meaning within this, maybe you will see this to.
edit on 14-6-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
War = Money and Power

Why do you think there is so much war, and it never seems to end?? A lot of people are making a lot of money from other peoples pain and suffering.

The arms trade is the biggest trade in the world.....when america invaded iraq it was decided that US compaines would go and rebuild the country....war is a money making machine, thats all

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Humanity is progressing. Its a slow but sure process, moving upward in maturity over long periods of time. Soon we will advance as the new age is almost upon us. For those who think it will always remain as it is now, wait a couple years. Dont give up! Humanity will grow, it just takes time.
edit on 14-6-2011 by mattime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
War = Money and Power

Why do you think there is so much war, and it never seems to end?? A lot of people are making a lot of money from other peoples pain and suffering.

The arms trade is the biggest trade in the world.....when america invaded iraq it was decided that US compaines would go and rebuild the country....war is a money making machine, thats all

Do monkeys in the jungle fight over money? Did our ancient ancestors fight other tribes before money existed? We are animals, do not let money, the media or anything distract your thinking. People who hate the idea of greed, power are the same as those who love the idea of greed and power. Both are stuck in the same web.

My main point behind this is that if we really do want peace, we have to stop percieving as animals and start perceiving on as a consciousness being. Flesh and bone is temporary, our soul is infinite.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I say for the millions of species on the planet ... we are the only one that appears to be out of balance with our natural surroundings ...

The disease analogy from the Matrix was very fitting ... like a scourge on the planet ..

I personally think, it's because, we aren't native to our surroundings as such ... due to genetic engineering / alteration

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Did our ancient ancestors fight other tribes before money existed?

Of course they did. If it wasn't money, it was food, shelter, women...

Just so you know, we aren't the only species that do this. Chimpanzee's do it too

Chimps hunt monkey prey close to local extinction

Chimpanzees expand their territory by attacking and killing neighbours

Lethal intergroup aggression leads to territorial expansion in wild chimpanzees

Chimpanzees murder for land

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo

Did our ancient ancestors fight other tribes before money existed?

Of course they did. If it wasn't money, it was food, shelter, women...

Just so you know, we aren't the only species that do this. Chimpanzee's do it too

Chimps hunt monkey prey close to local extinction

Chimpanzees expand their territory by attacking and killing neighbours

Lethal intergroup aggression leads to territorial expansion in wild chimpanzees

Chimpanzees murder for land

Im not sure why your pointing this out to me? That is my whole point, animals fight over resourses. I dont see money as a resource as without the food, and land etc that money has no use. Maybe I just havent put my thoughts across well enough, im not questioning money or goverments not being a factor for wars.Im saying that we still think interms of animals and wanting material things, untill we get over that was of thinking we will always be fighting, your links just point out what im trying to say.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
*Double post for some reason*

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You make a mistake, animals are actually in a higher dimensional world.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Im saying that we still think in terms of animals and wanting material things, untill we get over that was of thinking we will always be fighting

No, materials things are what are required to sustain life - food, shelter, heat etc. If you think you can survive without those in your higher realm go ahead and try. You should realise that you cannot achieve such ideals without being sustained by the basic framework. If you 'get over' that way of thinking you will die.

The fact of the matter is that if we have no food or shelter we try to get it. As an animal we are greedy and have translated this basic need to the acquisition of all things, but the basic reason is the same. At the same time we have been fooled into getting rid of the extended family and village style living to move into soulless cities. THAT is why we have wars - because we have been taught to care only for ME and not for US.

There were always wars - tribal skirmishes involving the protection of territory and thus resources, but even more so when urban living became the norm and the rich wanted to become richer.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Oh really? I must have missed that in biology class. Care to provide any evidence?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

What they see and interact with is more akin to what we experience when we are having a dream.

It could be that, when the eyes that we see the dream world with, and the eyes that we use to see the physical world combine, we exist in a more dynamic "dream world" where "hallucinations" are a part of reality, and the distinction between what is "real" what is "illusion" becomes blurred.
edit on 15-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

The only real evidence that there is, is something that you can only verify by your own experience, you would have to learn "astral projection" in order to explore that world.
edit on 15-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You might want to look more into the Amish and Native american tribes, both have virtually no crime within their society.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Im saying that we still think in terms of animals and wanting material things, untill we get over that was of thinking we will always be fighting

No, materials things are what are required to sustain life - food, shelter, heat etc. If you think you can survive without those in your higher realm go ahead and try. You should realise that you cannot achieve such ideals without being sustained by the basic framework. If you 'get over' that way of thinking you will die.

The fact of the matter is that if we have no food or shelter we try to get it. As an animal we are greedy and have translated this basic need to the acquisition of all things, but the basic reason is the same. At the same time we have been fooled into getting rid of the extended family and village style living to move into soulless cities. THAT is why we have wars - because we have been taught to care only for ME and not for US.

There were always wars - tribal skirmishes involving the protection of territory and thus resources, but even more so when urban living became the norm and the rich wanted to become richer.

When I said material things I was saying about mp3 players and such and such. I know food etc is vital for human life and I did not mean that. Also yup they have always fought each other, thats the main point I make. Im not trying to make a statement about materialisation, im stating that as humans if we want to obtain peace we need to act in a different state to our biological body that has always fought over emotion and food etc. I feel my point wasnt made clear as to what I was trying to say.

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate

You might want to look more into the Amish and Native american tribes, both have virtually no crime within their society.

That says it all really, both of these cultures I believe were highly spritual which probably helped their understanding of the earth and maintaining peace.
edit on 15-6-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Sadly....Chimps, Dolphins, Ants, Wasps and Bees also wage war.
It seems that the higher evolved species on Earth all do it.
This is almost like the scene from 2001: A Space Odyssey

edit on 15-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join