It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP House To Cut Aid For Pregnant Women, Children While Spending $17 Billion More On Defense

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear

Does your insatiable need for killing blind you to the plight of hungry kids that much? And looking at your signature, I guess I'm not your friend

Is your insatiable need for spending other peoples money attached directly to your bleeding heart? You know your brain needs blood too?

Look at my signature and come to the same conclusion.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

Does your insatiable need for killing blind you to the plight of hungry kids that much? And looking at your signature, I guess I'm not your friend

Is your insatiable need for spending other peoples money attached directly to your bleeding heart? You know your brain needs blood too?

You're the one wanting to take food out of the mouths of babes to build guns and bombs and save about $.20 on your taxes. At least I have a heart that bleeds.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
So, the current spending chart shows spending on what the original intent of the Fed Govt was for, National Defense.
What's the problem here?
I fail to see where the folly or failure of my neighbor justifies the stealing of my tax dollars to provide for them.

I will say that spending as a whole has gotten out of hand completely.
National defense can be scaled back by getting out of the ME. Since we really should let them take care of themselves and we are not allowing the Military to fight.
Spending on crap like Job Training, World Hunger, International Relations, Housing, Community Dev and Administration can be either removed completely if not cut by 75%.

Yep, sure does. After I kill (Insert what ever race you want) I eat their Liver with a nice bottle of Chianti.

Really, that is all you got? What a wasted retort.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You're the one wanting to take food out of the mouths of babes to build guns and bombs and save about $.20 on your taxes. At least I have a heart that bleeds.

A heart that bleeds? Well, don't forget to add it is fueled by the success and funds of others.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

A heart that bleeds? Well, don't forget to add it is fueled by the success and funds of others.

Just like your precious military, which can't do its job with a trillion why do they need more?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Just like your precious military, which can't do its job with a trillion why do they need more?

If you were to read, instead of pitching the knee jerked liberal mantra reaction, I stated that Defense Spending needs to be reduced.

Man, I wish some people would just read, instead of engage diarrhea of the mouth.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The military can be cut, and that is what is been planned, but this cuts will come at the expenses of the active duty and retired benefits, nowhere our corporate run government will cut into the defense spending on private contractors, that is where most of the defense money goes too so actually it doesn't' go to the military per say but to pay for contractors.

Now remember that in the pentagon spending also included all government employees and that the US is the larger employer in the nation.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So, the current spending chart shows spending on what the original intent of the Fed Govt was for, National Defense.
What's the problem here?
I fail to see where the folly or failure of my neighbor justifies the stealing of my tax dollars to provide for them.

National defense can be scaled back by getting out of the ME. Since we really should let them take care of themselves and we are not allowing the Military to fight.
Spending on crap like Job Training, World Hunger, International Relations, Housing, Community Dev and Administration can be either removed completely if not cut by 75%.

Yep, sure does. After I kill (Insert what ever race you want) I eat their Liver with a nice bottle of Chianti.

At least you admit you don't care about starving kids in your own country When you can save some chump change on your taxes.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If you were to read, instead of pitching the knee jerked liberal mantra reaction, I stated that Defense Spending needs to be reduced.

Man, I wish some people would just read, instead of engage diarrhea of the mouth.

I did read. I also read where you blamed your neighbors for the situation they obviously got themselves in and why they deserve none of your hard earned money. I just hope you don't find yourself in a position of need due to circumstances beyond your control.
Oh, and just how much "folly" can a fetus or four year old cause to find themselves hungry?
edit on 15-6-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

What's the problem here?

At least you admit you don't care about starving kids in your own country When you can save some chump change on your taxes.

So money = caring?
How very materialistic of you.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

What's the problem here?

So money = caring?

Money does equal caring in this instance since it is being used to feed hungry children. How does that make me materialistic? I'll gladly give it to the kids FOR FOOD rather than keep it for my own "materialistic" wants.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

What's the problem here?

So money = caring?

Money does equal caring in this instance since it is being used to feed hungry children. How does that make me materialistic? I'll gladly give it to the kids FOR FOOD rather than keep it for my own "materialistic" wants.

That is great. You are more then welcome to give "Your" money. I would like to keep my money and decide for myself who and how to help others. Not some ridiculous, bloated, corrupt and moronic Govt.

I am SO tired of people being generous with other peoples money. I do not work to provide for others. I work to provide for myself and my family.

Funny how you see the Military as a failure of a Govt Department, yet hold high others that are even bigger failures.

edit on 15-6-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

What's the problem here?

So money = caring?

That is great. You are more then welcome to give "Your" money. I would like to keep my money and decide for myself who and how to help others. Not some ridiculous, bloated, corrupt and moronic Govt.

I am SO tired of people being generous with other peoples money. I do not work to provide for others. I work to provide for myself and my family.

Funny how you see the Military as a failure of a Govt Department, yet hold high others that a even bigger failures.

It's a failure to feed children that have NO FOOD? Do you have children? Have you ever seen a child that was hungry? The WIC program as specified by others ONLY gives FOOD to those with infants and children IN NEED. I'm glad you can can me materialistic for wanting to feed hungry children, then go on to say how you want to choose how to spend your money. Let's get something straight, this thread is about WIC cuts and Pentagon increases. You can argue that the government wastes your money elsewhere and I might just agree with you much of the time. So, basically what you have said in our back and forth is that you wish to keep your hard earned money, and you would not let an established program which is struggling due to rising food prices, not get an increase, but instead a cut in much needed funding, thereby TAKING FOOD AWAY FROM STARVING CHILDREN WHO CANNOT CONTROL WHO THEY WERE BORN TO OR THE CIRCUMSTANCES THEIR PARENTS FIND THEMSELVES IN. This will be my last reply to you since you have already answered that starving kids is okay as long as you save a buck in your last post.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

What's the problem here?

So money = caring?

Funny how you see the Military as a failure of a Govt Department, yet hold high others that a even bigger failures.

It's a failure to feed children that have NO FOOD? Do you have children? Have you ever seen a child that was hungry? The WIC program as specified by others ONLY gives FOOD to those with infants and children IN NEED. I'm glad you can can me materialistic for wanting to feed hungry children, then go on to say how you want to choose how to spend your money. Let's get something straight, this thread is about WIC cuts and Pentagon increases. You can argue that the government wastes your money elsewhere and I might just agree with you much of the time. So, basically what you have said in our back and forth is that you wish to keep your hard earned money, and you would not let an established program which is struggling due to rising food prices, not get an increase, but instead a cut in much needed funding, thereby TAKING FOOD AWAY FROM STARVING CHILDREN WHO CANNOT CONTROL WHO THEY WERE BORN TO OR THE CIRCUMSTANCES THEIR PARENTS FIND THEMSELVES IN. This will be my last reply to you since you have already answered that starving kids is okay as long as you save a buck in your last post.

Um, ok so you may read, but you don't understand.
All programs need to be cut INCLUDING DEFENSE.
Is that clear enough for you, or do you need it drawn in crayon?

The WIC program is so bloated and corrupt, it could use a cut. WIC is not the responsiblity of the Fed Govt. States, individuals, community and families should be the source, not Daddy Fed Govt.

As for not stating here in this thread, I did not get the memo advising me that you are the end all be all here. So sorry to anger the All Knowing, All Caring, All Important "the owlbear".

My decision to help those within my reach do better from my direct action. They get 100% of my decision and my charity.
Not from the Fed Govt, which needs to take from others, filter it through the Govt wringer, rely on Pork Barrel voting, funneled back through the Govt machine and then handed out at maybe a 50% return from the original 100% that first went in.

But you go ahead and march to the starving kids drum beat, as that is all that you continue to pitch.
Tunnel vision must be so enchanting.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

men keep your pants zipped up
ladies keep your legs closed

and then you wont need government assistance from me to pay for your irresponsiblity.

pretty simple

it is not my responsibility to pay for your mistakes from cradle to grave

deal with it.

It's a mistake to have a child then lose everything through no fault of your own and need something as worthless as food. The child had no choice in this situation and they are as American as you, Neo, just unfortunate enough to be in a circumstance where they need food. "Deal with it" would kill US children. So you want to be complicate with starving your own people to death?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

What's the problem here?

So money = caring?

The WIC program is so bloated and corrupt, it could use a cut. WIC is not the responsiblity of the Fed Govt. States, individuals, community and families should be the source, not Daddy Fed Govt.

As for not stating here in this thread, I did not get the memo advising me that you are the end all be all here. So sorry to anger the All Knowing, All Caring, All Important "the owlbear".

My decision to help those within my reach do better from my direct action. They get 100% of my decision and my charity.
Not from the Fed Govt, which needs to take from others, filter it through the Govt wringer, rely on Pork Barrel voting, funneled back through the Govt machine and then handed out at maybe a 50% return from the original 100% that first went in.

But you go ahead and march to the starving kids drum beat, as that is all that you continue to pitch.

I know I said I wasn't going to respond again, but some clarifications need to be made...
States are all in the hole, how can they help?
Locally, have you been down to your food pantry lately? Didn't think so. Guess what, old Mother Hubbard, the cupboards are bare. If someone COULD get help from their families, don't you think they would? I am not all knowing, caring, and whatever other ways you wish to insult me for using your own words against you. Did it sting? I used to not care either and think people deserved their lot in life. A child cannot choose their parents or help their situation and to turn your back on a child is about as low as it gets. All to save a couple of bucks a year. So yeah I do have tunnel vision when it comes to helping others that cannot help themselves. It's called compassion. There is no choice that this government agency is going to give your money to the buying of food for those who need it and to complain about it being worthless has no compassion but contempt for the most innocent among us. Go ahead insult me all you want. Do me this favor, though, go make a donation in anger at me to your local food pantry.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

What's the problem here?

So money = caring?

I know I said I wasn't going to respond again, but some clarifications need to be made...
Locally, have you been down to your food pantry lately? Didn't think so. Guess what, old Mother Hubbard, the cupboards are bare. If someone COULD get help from their families, don't you think they would? I am not all knowing, caring, and whatever other ways you wish to insult me for using your own words against you. Did it sting? I used to not care either and think people deserved their lot in life. A child cannot choose their parents or help their situation and to turn your back on a child is about as low as it gets. All to save a couple of bucks a year. So yeah I do have tunnel vision when it comes to helping others that cannot help themselves. It's called compassion. There is no choice that this government agency is going to give your money to the buying of food for those who need it and to complain about it being worthless has no compassion but contempt for the most innocent among us. Go ahead insult me all you want. Do me this favor, though, go make a donation in anger at me to your local food pantry.

Ah, so the States are in a hole, but the Fed Govt isn't? What fairyland do you reside in? You must commute to work on a Unicorn.
Your compassion is fueled by force, from other people's wallets, oh how quaint. I love seeing people that are so generous with other people's money.
You fail to address the fact that almost every single Govt program is a failure. Is bloated. Is full of corruption, fraud, waste, abuse, miss placed money and scams. But, lets give them more money, to fuel YOUR compassion.
And lets not forget the end result is but a fraction from the initial funds taken.
100% of my personal actions, money, time and charity goes to the individual for the full 100%.
The 100% taken by the Govt goes out at roughly maybe 50%.
No wonder the panty is empty.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If you can't feed them, don't breed them.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

What's the problem here?

So money = caring?

Ah, so the States are in a hole, but the Fed Govt isn't? What fairyland do you reside in? You must commute to work on a Unicorn.
Your compassion is fueled by force, from other people's wallets, oh how quaint. I love seeing people that are so generous with other people's money.
You fail to address the fact that almost every single Govt program is a failure. It bloated. Is full of corruption, miss placed money and scams. But, lets give them more money, to fuel YOUR compassion.
And lets not forget the end result is but a fraction from the initial funds taken.
100% of my personal actions, money, time and charity goes to the individual for the full 100%.

My unicorn thinks you are selfish and uncaring as well. Have you been down to that food pantry yet? If not, stop complaining and make that difference and make it local. Grab a neighbor too.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

What's the problem here?

So money = caring?

You fail to address the fact that almost every single Govt program is a failure. It bloated. Is full of corruption, miss placed money and scams. But, lets give them more money, to fuel YOUR compassion.

My unicorn thinks you are selfish and uncaring as well. Have you been down to that food pantry yet? If not, stop complaining and make that difference and make it local. Grab a neighbor too.

You assumptions are really the true tale-tel signs of who you are.
I could really care less about your idea of me, as you are not really held in any regard in my eyes.
Why should I go help? Shouldn't just taking more of my money be sufficient to you? That is, after all what you base your whole argument on. The Fed Govt needing more money to fund compassion.
It is always nice to see people like you talk out of both sides. I left the word 'mouth' out for a reason.
So which is it?
Does the Govt need more of my money to provide for your compassion.
Or should I make my own decision as to who, how and why I contribute too?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join