It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange rolling cloud...*video*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Probably how Mars looked as the atmosphere was being swept away into space.

Thanks OP.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I've seen one of those clouds in Iowa, but I don't think it was rolling like that. Very creepy to watch!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Thats trippy and cool!

Definitely aliens traveling at high speeds through the middle.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
Now try and say weather manipulation does not exist.

Weather manipulation does not exist.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Baldryck

man, that was easier then expected!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Impressive video, which makes you realize just how small you are compared to nature.

S&F

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It's how God tours the Earth. -_-

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I know what it is........
Geez its the contrail from Aruora. They're flyin that thing pretty low these days.

S &F awsome video and some other amazing pics from other members. great job!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
Now try and say weather manipulation does not exist.

Weather manipulation does not exist.

Hey, that was easier than you made it sound.

Warm front meets cold front. Perfectly natural.

Weather manipulation does exist, in Dubai I think (not sure) they do it to create more rain, nothing secret or anything, but it does exist

here is an article about it : my.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 15-6-2011 by False_Prophet because: added link

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
another one of HAARP's little science experiments or weather control which isn't right.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Yeah I saw this last night, pretty cool stuff. Seems to be normal, as somebody pointed out in the comments section:

The spinning action you're seeing is mesocyclonic, and when it occurs within a cumulonimbus formation, it can preclude a tornado (Which is what happens when shear causes it to turn vertical). As other have said, it's an Arcus cloud (Roll cloud), which is a shelf cloud that is independent of other cloud systems. I've never seen one personally, and I have to say it's pretty awesome!

edit on 15-6-2011 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Star and Flag! Very impressive.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
not alot of people know this but those are the after affects of a Kamehameha wave.

Yeah i know they look like rolling clouds but this one in particular is not.This one left a huge smoke cloud behind.
This one is HUGE though, whoever did this must be a powerful fighter, although i havent sensed a strong ki lately so its weird at my point of view.
But its so close to the earth, the fool could of caused great damage and destruction if it would of hit. Hope its not another bad guy trying to destroy earth again

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It's called a Morning Glory cloud formation. Most Commonly seen in the Gulf of Carpentaria Australia specifically Karumba & Burketown. Also common in the Gulf of Mexico.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Here is what I wrote in my journal June 13, 2011
San Diego, California, USA

"First thing today I noticed the sunlight is different and the clouds are looming in dense dark waves across the ocean. All through the day, the surface of the Pacific and the bay grew midnight blue. I've lived here all my life, half a century. I've never seen this before. First impression: we're under a shadow."

Of course, we were under the shadow of that cloud. But, this shadow was so dark, I wondered at the content of the cloud that cast it.

"I think of all the volcanoes going off around the world, all the wildfires burning, and all the fire and smoke of so many wars filling up the atmosphere over our heads; it's all around us. We're taught about nuclear winters and winters caused by single volcanoes such as Krakatoa. There are at least three large volcanoes in disparate parts of the planet venting themselves into our atmosphere right now."

So I was attributing the cloud to pollution, basically.

Commentary here leads me to think these clouds are a more natural weather phenomenon, however. I know the weather patterns have changed here since I was a child (along with the local ecosystem in general). To me, each season seems to be coming sooner every year. Now, I'm thinking these cloud formations are just part of that change.

Ramose

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Great thread. Lots of interesting cloud formations I've never seen in person and didn't even know existed. Thanks for the effort!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Imagine if ancient people saw this. You could easily imagine how they would mistake it for something else and make up a story to explain how .

Actually, it would probably explain some things if we knew they did see these.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntegratedInstigator

Originally posted by Waldy
The mother of all CHEMTRAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HA! I got a good chuckle out of that one.

@OP: At first it looked like a few search lights (spot lights?) following each other, but I will have to check the video out in more detail when I get access to my other computer.

Somehow this response ended up in the wrong forum. I meant for it to go into THIS thread.
The roll cloud looks NOTHING like spotlights. Im not sure how that happened, clearly I wasnt paying attention, sorry about that.

Now for my REAL comment. I have never seen clouds like this, it reminds me of an ocean wave crashing on the shore as viewed from underwater. Air is a fluid, humans are like little crabs walking around on the ocean floor. The birds, being able to fly, are like the fish, not constrained to just 2 dimensions. After looking further into this, I found youtube videos of hang gliders 'cloud surfing', it was pretty sweet. It seems another name for Roll Clouds is Morning Glory Clouds.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I wish people would go back to school before posting things they have no idea on. Its amazing what a simple google search using the words "rolling cloud" can find. But as stated it's a Roll cloud. Arrr I love chasing storms and having knowledge of the weather. Keep up the good work people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join