It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange rolling cloud...*video*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Thats really cool... it reminded me of that time travel pre-destination thing on Donnie Darko...

Also this but it looks better on the movie:

edit on 15-6-2011 by SerialLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Nice Video, amazing shape. Fully natural though. Mosten often it happens on shore lines, when wet cold air from the sea is pressed on to the warmer dry land air. The air from the sea is forced to climb, hence it cools off and the cloud is build.

More, as well some nice pics here: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The awesomness of our awesome planet.....WOW! Love watching storms roll in, tends to remind you to keep your feet firmly on the ground.
great find!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by inthemass

I'm gunna do that now!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Fantastic photos!
I'm going to have to learn to post some, took some myself on the Northern East Coast of Australia from
the back deck...Beautiful!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
Now try and say weather manipulation does not exist.

ye because that video is pure 100% proof of that???

plus this exact thing has already got some perfectly good threads about it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 15-6-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Back in '98 when I was living in Casper Wyoming, I saw one of these horizontal cylindrical clouds. It was miles long. It literally snaked it's way through the sky toward Casper Mountain and splattered into the side of the mountain. In about 30 minutes it seemed toreform into a "normal" cloud sitting on top of the mountain, and then it just slowly lifted off the mountain continuing it's journey southward, but in it's newly transformed shape. Strange. Gotta say that snake cloud creeped me out. Never have seen one since.
edit on 15-6-2011 by missvicky because: spelling

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

We get those in Arizona.

Phoenix Dust Storm

edit on 15-6-2011 by SaveTheWolves because: first link didn't work

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
WORMHOLE!

Nah, seriously though it looks extremely cool. Thanks for the link.
edit on 15/6/11 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Roll cloud / Morning glory -- possibly one the most epic natural phenomena clouds, pressure and winds can perform.

Mamathus sub-set and lenticular are quite cool too

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Not sure if this is rolling cloud, but it looks like it.
www.youtube.com...

I've seen same kind of thunder cloud, looks very dramatic and tells you that storm is going to be really strong.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
The mother of all CHEMTRAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!1

so i guess it should be renamed "CHEMZILLA" ??

never in my life, of living in the midwest, south and northwest, have i ever seen a cloud like that......
edit on 15-6-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I've seen something similar to that during a heavy thunderstorm, it was a like a wave passing, an amazing sight!

It just rolled overhead.

This was in Iowa although i'm originally from the Netherlands too...that's a pretty wild pic there from Enschede!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
That cloud looks frickin awesome!!
never seen anything like it!!

S+F

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It's scary because on a smaller scale, this is how a tornado starts, the air "cylinder" rolls along the ground, until hot air lifts one end into the sky. Imagine if that thing decided to kick upward.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
This is an image of a rolling cloud in Enschede (where I live) the Netherlands in 2004. I have got images too, but not as good as this one. This one even made it to Wikipedia Netherlands

It was definitely awesome to see, but nothing happened! it just rolled over!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f174b2a1a4c9.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazing picture, lunica but since you already quoted wikipedia: they say it's a shelf cloud...

yeah I'm a smartass but this picture is breathtaking anyway and I wish I would see something similar over here in Berlin... no matter if it's rolling or shelfing...
: up:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by someguy420
It's scary because on a smaller scale, this is how a tornado starts, the air "cylinder" rolls along the ground, until hot air lifts one end into the sky. Imagine if that thing decided to kick upward.

its a cloud and has nothing to do with tornadoes and it would NEVER EVER turn into one

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Donnie Darko is real! Just kidding.

God, those are some absolutely beautiful cloud formations. I just love seeing things like this that remind me how beautiful and serene our visual reality can be. (At times, at least.)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
I've never seen this before. A huge cloud "cylinder" parallel to the ground, rotating. I imagine that it's from 2 fronts colliding. good thing this didn't happen on May 21st...

www.liveleak.com...

Saw this happen when I was a kid (+40 years ago?). We were down at the shore of Lake Michigan. Looked up and saw low clouds like these rolling in from the lake. It was moving faster that your vid. Temp dropped and the wind kicked up. Pretty cool!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
someone mentioned morning glory clouds:

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join