It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of "Corporate Greed" Is a Tool to Control You

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You best be a government shill.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
OP speaks the truth. To people poorer than you you're the greedy rich people wasting money on frivolous things like entertainment. Yet you don't see your own hypocrisy when richer people spend money on things you consider frivolous. In your own eyes you are righteous. When you do things like spend on charity it's because you're generous. But when wealthy people do it they are doing it for tax purposes.

Can you not see how class warfare promoters have blinded you?
edit on 16-6-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7thcavtrooper
reply to post by gncnew

Cute really.Try joining combat arms if you can handle it.
No I'm not greedy,I'ved given thousands of dollars in my life to friends who needed it ,if I had it.
Have you?
Perhaps OUTSIDE of Alabama you may learn about the rest of the world and some nefarious practices that you have somehow been so isolated from you lack the knowledge or comprehension.
I'm 50 I've worked since I was 16,6 in the Cav,2 Associates degrees: electronics and optoelectronics and in 3 weeks I'm going for a BA in computer graphics and animation.
What is your opinion based on?

I'm 35, married with two kids. I grew up in MN with a single mom until I moved to Miss for two years with my new stepdad. Then moved back to MN and moved in with dad until we moved to OH. I then joined the United States Marine Corps out of highschool.

My first technical school was in Alabama where I met my now wife. We knew each other for 3 months before I got her pregnant. Married her, moved out to Yuma AZ and lived off WIC and credit, then TX, then NC, and finally I got out after 8 years (honorable discharge) and moved back to Alabama.

I served six months over in Iraq just before I got out.

Until the last 4 years of my life I have been considered "poor".

I have a B.S. in computer science, do government mapping work for various agencies and also do free lance web design on the side for some extra scratch.

I'm no dumb cluck from the south bud..

Been around and seen a few things.

I worked since I was 14 - first job was going out into the fields and pruning plants with illegal migrant workers.

Don't preach to me about a damn thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by spyder550
The OP is the most naive thing I have heard for a long time - well at least today - what is he 12.

One word --- Ivan Boesky

the OP might be 14...his thought processes sounds as if he has/had a very limited amount of life experiences. why do i say that?....why would anyone want to "invest and grow" a personal fortune of a billion dollars. if you are not satisfied at that point, you need help, because the problem is with you, not with how much money you have.
edit on 15-6-2011 by jimmyx because: syntax

Warrent Buffet and George Soros, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs... all have something wrong with them eh?

A poor Nigiran would wonder why you would ask for a raise when you're making more than $10k a year...

They'd say something is "wrong with you"....

I promise I've got more "life experience" than you.... what are you 20?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senser
reply to post by gncnew

Human nature is not greed. Humans are conditioned to be greedy, and this starts at a young age by parents who dont even realise that this is unhealthy, this is the only way they know as they were conditioned too.
Make someone work for you for nothing and hes a slave, make him work for you and pay him 5 cents (or any amount for that reason) an hour and hes a hardworking honorouble citizen!!!???

What kind of freedom do you want for yourself and your children???freedom is a word that humankind have to reconsider, because it has become an outdated interpretation of the word in this age that only favours a few at the expense of others.Freedom is a right and not a privilege and has to have as less bounderies as possible under the right circumstances and considerations.

edit on 15-6-2011 by Senser because: (no reason given)

HUMANS ARE BORN GREEDY...

What's a three year old's favorite word?

"Mine".

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
reply to post by gncnew

Tell it to who? Do you have a job? Then you should tell them yourself. If you demand a certain salary to do your work, then you are just as guilty. To afford your increased salary and/or benefits, the "corporation" has to make more money.

Comparing the multi millions to an average workers salary is apples and oranges. The corporation does not have to make more money. They need to increase efficiency, and the top 5% need to take a pay cut. Here is your more money.

They (top 5%) are just workers, just like us. Why should they be given these multi millions, and an assured easy retirement, when the rest of the workers (peons) toil and suffer for 30 years. Only to find their 401k has been raped by the elite banking system the top percenters are a part of. So now they have to work till die.

CEO and his entire family are set for life. We get a life sentence of despair. We work just as hard or harder.

This is not right my friend. Greed is bad no matter how you look at it. The system is a hacked together confabulation, a house of cards that seems to have met a stiff breeze. But people are getting tired of working 40 years and having $5 in their 401k, I hope we all soon wake up.

You wouldn't take $6/month to dig ditches because you've got options.

Not only options, but they have that pesky liberal law called the Minimum Wage. If we didn't, $6/month would probably be the norm.
Peace.
edit on 15-6-2011 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

It's all perspectives and moral relativism. You're parsing your opinion of "millions" versus my poor wage... again, what do you think the Indian worker thinks of your wage?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
OP, your argument holds as much water as a toilet paper sack. It's nothing but retarded semantics about the definitions of the words corporate and greed.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by finalword
OP, your argument holds as much water as a toilet paper sack. It's nothing but retarded semantics about the definitions of the words corporate and greed.

What argument? It's a statement of fact/opinion. And exactly what part of it holds no merit? The part that states we're all deluding ourselves with moral relativism in trying to say "I'm not Greed... it's the millionaires who are!"?

We like to remember that there is always someone with more money than you, but forget there is always someone with less...

This entire post is filled with replies from a bunch if moral and idealistic hypocrites. Not a one of you has a leg to stand on, yet you do climb onto your soap box and pontificate about the wonders of your turd-logic.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

gncnew very well points out what should be obvious to all, but sadly it's frequently overlooked.

every corporation, business, government entity, military post, etcetera is nothing without the human beings who answer the phones, push the buttons and fire the rockets.

if people used their heads for more than hat supports we would not have villainous bankers, corrupt politicians, workers churning out products that are bad for the environment or health, supermarkets filled with questionable processed foodstuff or a huge military base that delivers pain, suffering & destruction to people around the globe.

if people refused to work for Monsanto we wouldn't have genetically engineered limited life seeds.

if people refused to work at the thousands of manufacturers who churn out assemblies that are assembled into the death toys of war America wouldn't be responsible for unspeakable amounts of death & destruction.

it goes on and on.

too many people don't care. too many people never stop and think about what they are doing.

remember: Others only have the power over you that you allow them to have.

if the workers at Monsanto all walked out because of shame for what their employer is doing, and everyone refused to work for Monsanto until their owners learned what morals and values are, we would see change.

if the citizens of every community flooded their Town Hall in protest when an unjust beating, tazering, or shooting of a civilian took place at the hands of the police then law enforcement would have to become less aggressive/insane/barbaric and adopt methods that are reasonable and just.

this list could go on and on. it's all up to us. i know the probability of such enlightenment and action taking place is very slim. but the first step to righting the wrongs is for people 'in the know' to speak with their families, friends, co-workers, neighbors, people on the street, etcetera.

word-of-mouth is the best advertising. talk the talk, walk the walk, and watch the world slowly change for the better.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I have always said marines are a strange and wonderful people we share our warfare with.I am 50 I joined the Army a scout in 1984 because YOU GUYS got tagged and I wanted to fight.Cold war Cav didn't get special equipment we used our movements on LPCs to do our job at it's most difficult.I know this because I tracked and diamond shadowed what turned out to be Force Recon in Korea.
I carried an M60 alone.
But I digress from the threads intent
Have you ever even heard of Monsanto,Genetically engineered products?Are you in a fish bowl or what?
yes there are good organizations plenty of them.But the big money makers are asocial machines nothing more. they spend millions to try to say they aren't and worse.I hope your vaccines don't kick your a** like mine has. .
I guess I hold my personal integrity and self esteem on a higher tier than say a butt load of lawyers who live for that cash.Otherwise go catch a fish in the gulf of Mexico cause there are no hidden polices or bad eggs that are actively trying to save their own butts while we will be planting a lot of folks down south.
Get cozy financially and help others right?
Well I guess that 's not high on the agenda when it hits the bottom line,don't even try to compare what I am to any form of that behavior.
Im the son of a WWII Airforce Lt.Col and a police detective/SWAT officer is my brother so I'm kind of sharp ended and blunt spoken.Its hard to listen to a business apologist/cheerleader.
This counties DOES need a enema.
edit on 17-6-2011 by 7thcavtrooper because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2011 by 7thcavtrooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
That all sounds so straight forward and academic. But it is all garbage. Who cares if a corporation is a collection of indiduals. The Nazi party was a cllection of individuals. The KKK is a collection of individuals. What your point? Mine is that says nothing about its qualitative value to the functioning of a healthy society. And guess what? A corporation does not care about that because its SOLE function is profit for its shareholders. Not some balance of social good with capitalism, but straight, raw profit as much as possible, using any means possible, including stretching the rules as far as possible, legal bribery to make legislation that reduces competition or regs that favor the company.

In fact, Americans are SO sickly enamored with the false virtue of profit for profit's sake that we routinely cheer and promote that a dying 3 year old child should be a profit opportunity for a health care provider. Way to go America!!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

This entire post is filled with replies from a bunch if moral and idealistic hypocrites. Not a one of you has a leg to stand on, yet you do climb onto your soap box and pontificate about the wonders of your turd-logic.

TURD-LOGIC ?
You know what little man , you are either a tool or a troll. You post and seek response then you insult those that respond. Grow up little boy.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
My legs are strong ,I speak as I understand it, the truth rather bluntly and It is easy to bait,but I really wouldn't have jumped him.....you should have partied harder and never have cut your hair.Then you would have discovered the joys of semantically dissecting a those who have no idea about things that have been self proven. Now don't get baited.
edit on 18-6-2011 by 7thcavtrooper because: Misspell

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7thcavtrooper
yes there are good organizations plenty of them.But the big money makers are asocial machines nothing more. they spend millions to try to say they aren't and worse.I hope your vaccines don't kick your a** like mine has. .

7th Cav:
Rather than reply to "old hippies", I'll refer to your post. The reply pertains to most of the others though:

While you point your fingers of condemnation at the "corporations" whom produce the vile "profits" they so greedily seek - you miss the rather large "log in your eye".

You buy the products they make. You work for their subsidiaries. You eat their food, use their drugs, and sleep on their mattreses.

When you have a head ache, you think nothing of taking two of "Big Pharm" pills with a glass of floride water from the tap.

But yet THEY are the evil ones?

The old adage "If you throw a part and nobody comes... is it still a party?" comes to mind.

We play in the game - feigning no control or lack of choices, but in reality we all swallow the same poison we have begged for yet curse the provider.

ATS - YOU ARE THE GREEDY CORPORATION wake from your slumber.

America is a greedy corporation, The "West" is a greedy corporation, Islam is a greedy corporation, Christianity is a greedy corporation.

Is a rose by another name still not a rose?

Call it what you want - I call it denial.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
im no fan of corporations and their lackeys, but to place all the blame on them is simply wrong.

they have a right to make profit, and you have a right to not buy their goods.

however, if there wasn't a bunch of mindless drones running around buying up everything they see advertized, then these corporations wouldn't be as rich, powerful and influential as they are. the people are to blame just as much for letting these corporations gather as much control as they do.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There is your error that is why we disagree.You're locked in to the basis of profits, I don't care about the money,What I am talking about are selfish robber-barons ancestors who decided to turn the US food supply into a chemistry set.Who can use lawyers to circumvent responsibility, no actually , ANY discoveries of world wide dirty laundry from what appears to be old money .
Cars made today will be gone in 10 years because they are mostly disposable tech.
I'm driving a 63 Scout.
Schools were watered down to accommodate factories,it seems teaching Latin in the Appalachians wasn't seen as neccessary.
See "Quiet Weapons for Quiet Wars"compare it to the facts of history and that will explain all.
then watch while most commercials make daddy look like an idiot.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join