It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of "Corporate Greed" Is a Tool to Control You

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Will you be so kind as to elucidate gas and oil speculation perhaps?
I do recall your fuel prices to be a bit exorbitant.
Greed is the purpose of control as to how, well, if we were privy to the top level decisions made in the world banking community I would tell you how,but its all behind an impenetrable wall of secrecy.You don't get to know so you can't do it yourself.

That, in my knowledge is ,economically, the primary control.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Ok by that reasoning they will push our middle class to the streets. See were your thought process is wrong? And some 3rd world countrie are forced to join the world market...didn't you know that. Some countries have only enough resources for them. Just enough food, just enough building material for their own houses and to clothe them selves.

Example. They need medecine but don't have money to buy the medecine. So the country that has the medecine forces them to sell their scarce resouces for dirt cheap in exchange for medicine. Then they run out of food and get even sicker. So they need more medicine..so on and so forth. Corporate greed is when those pharmaceutical companies don't take the $$ hit. They make more money than they can spend in 5 life times and don't take the hit!!! What a load of crap. Corporate greed is not a tool....but I know of some people who are.
edit on 14-6-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ah medication,50% of the time it doesn't work 90% of the time it only addresses symptoms and Africa is a petri dish for biowarfare .No cures for cancer, why? Because of AMA suppression and scientific bias.
So why does that particular leash not seem clear to you?
If you deny that lethal suppression isn't so common place by the ridiculous and counter logical losses of microbiologists:www.stevequayle.com...
Then your view of the whole picture is obfuscated.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The real myth is that the corporation is something from the CEO "down".

Actually, it's everything from the CEO up, the board and share holders. The CEO is just someone who procures resources (slaves, land, machinery etc.) to earn money for the shareholders by whatever means authorized by the board. The CEO's are paid large pay-packets to keep their mouth shut.

Something nobody bothered to clarify, eh?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's a problem that's exaggerated so that people will expand the government.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

How is that?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
So, OP, let me ask you a question.

If large corporations had their way, meaning they could make things however they want, which of the following do you think they would do?

Option A: Make it so 99% of the population works 80 hour weeks, in unregulated conditions (your breathing in toxic chemicals during your work day? Big deal! Go work somewhere else you whiner! OH WAIT they are ALL like that! MUWHAHAHA. Gotcha, you stupid slave) while making only enough to live 12 people to a tiny one-bedroom apartment, no electricity, the only food you can afford is unhealthy GMO and processed crap, and you cannot afford medical care obviously, and of COURSE it's not the corporation's job to provide you with medical care, so you end up DYING of a minor illness or infection. And most likely you will have an illness, because the corporations can pump toxic waste into every single lake, stream, and river across the globe. They can sell goods that poison you, food that poisons you, and re-package sewage into drinking water for the slaves. All this, while the other 1% of the population lives with the most extreme opulence ever seen on this planet.

Option B: Make it so that most everybody can work their fair share, getting paid a wage that allows them food, medical care, a social life, and a few of the little extras here and there. While not rich by any means, people have more than they need and get by just fine. All this, while the elite are STILL super rich and living a life that the vast majority of people on the planet couldn't even imagine.

So which is it? Which world do you think they want? I can guarantee you it's option A. They want to be super-rich while everyone else is a figurative slave to them. They care nothing for the well-being of their fellow man, nor the health of the environment. Yet you say they aren't the bad guy? Are you just not thinking straight, or trying to further some agenda by lying to us? What type of world do you think there would be where corporate dominance is the law of the land? I mean, even more than now. You already are seeing what they have caused with the current state of the country and the world. Things would only be worse, the more power they hold.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
As I was hired for a disability, COPD at 30%, through the VA to work for a contractor who ignored my VA doctor's mandated profile my COPD got worse,50%, directly as a result of that.Then got fired 3 days after the doctor turned it in as a prescription. the company stated I was now too sick after 4 years.
How would you think I would answer your question after a clear illustration like that?
A fluke? no they're still doing it,Just that company?No it's money,lack of benevolent guidance outside the bank accounts at the top.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
A corporation becomes dirty once they start not caring for the lowly people who work for them in my opinion. One company I worked for would allow some people to work overtime. And I said WORK overtime. I didn't say they actually PAID them for their overtime. They eventually got slapped with a lawsuit from everyone wanting the money from the overtime they put in. Why did it have to go that far? If the company didn't want to pay for overtime, then they should have not allowed them to stay on the clock past their scheduled hours. (These were hourly paid employees.) Of course now store managers have to submit a request for overtime for anyone asking or wanting it. Most of the time the request is denied. Oh and the store was given a "budget" each week. If they went over or approched the budget limit, hours were cut. For a whole month once, my hours were getting cut so often that I fell behind paying my bills. Rent was always late. And no, it wasn't easy getting another job that would pay better or treat me better.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by 7thcavtrooper

Something similar happened to my mom. She was a housekeeping supervisor for a nursing home. Worked there 4 years. One day she had to be rushed to the hospital after months of stomach ailments. Turns out she has Crhon's and she had a blockage that almost burst. She was out of work for a month. When she returned, suddenly after 4 years of a flawless record she was getting write ups for the stupidest s***. She got demoted and they even told her at one point in a particular write up that she should have let them known about her stay in the hospital. Yeah, like she planned it out. "Hm. I think I'll have my small intestines explode today!" How was it her fault that doctor after doctor misdiagnosed her? It wasn't until her intestines almost burst that they knew for sure she had Crohn's. She eventually got fired. All the nitpicking was just a cover up. They didn't want to pay for her health insurance. She was a liability. PHU-lease!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Finally got a break from work to reply

... It's the same drumming tune from all of you. "Corporations BAD, CEOs are BAD, Greedy Elite are BAD"...

I'm just curious - which of you are NOT greedy? Which of you are willing to take a pay cut or even lose your job for the good of Africa?

How many of you are willing to stop contributing to your 401k programs? Quit investing in the stock market? For the good of the third world?

Which of you is willing to give your job and pay over to the person at your company making less than you?

Not a damn one of you is...

This is all about perspective and the crap "class warfare" that you're being goaded into.

Ask yourself this: If all the "Evil" Corporations disapeard tomorrow - how would the world be better and how would it be worse.

Not in intangible feelings and "good will"... hard numbers. How many more mouths would be fed? How much better would the world's quality of life?

If there were no "Greedy" Corporations... would we actually even have the treatments for the diseases we all whine that profits don't allow cures for?

People don't spend millions of dollars for kicks and grins guys - they spend it because they think they will make a return on their investment.

HUMAN NATURE IS GREED.... quit hating the player and hate the game.

AND ... unlike many of you - I actually work for a living... so to claim I'm naive is quite ironic if I do say so myself.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I'm not greedy at all. I make enough to feed clothe and harber my family, that's all. We entertain ourselve and live a very simple life. I would be very willing to take a pay cut if I made upwards of 100 000/year. But I don't even make half that much. And about loosing your job thing... You have to screw your head on straight there budy. Your thought process is all messed up. You have to be upper middle class or more to have that reasoning or wish to be and are vey greeding SOB. We work to live, we don't live to work. We don't make much and providing for my family is number one for me.

For the good of the third world?!?!?! The best thing we can do for the third world is to leave them alone and stop using them as our corporations see fit. They can fend for themselves if only we could butt out.

Again treatement for desease. Just look at the US and their FDA. They regulate food and drugs. Produce bad food (McDowels)
and sell them medicine to compensate for the bad food. If you go and publicly say that vitamin C is the cure for scurvy you will be charged or even put in jail. Why? Becuase if the FDA doesn't say it's a cure then "it isn't" If that isn't greed I dunno what is. How about senate bill S-510 in the US. And human nature is not greed. It's your nature.

Have a good day.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by gncnew

I'm not greedy at all. I make enough to feed clothe and harber my family, that's all. We entertain ourselve and live a very simple life. I would be very willing to take a pay cut if I made upwards of 100 000/year. But I don't even make half that much. And about loosing your job thing... You have to screw your head on straight there budy. Your thought process is all messed up. You have to be upper middle class or more to have that reasoning or wish to be and are vey greeding SOB. We work to live, we don't live to work. We don't make much and providing for my family is number one for me.

You're not greedy.. tell that to the family of four living in a mud hut off a spoon full of rice a day... it's all perspective buddy. So you'd be willing to take a pay cut if you made $100k a year? Why not now? I bet you make more than 70% of the world makes... so don't hold back because you're not perceived "rich" in your own eyes.

You're just as greedy as the ENRON execs, only you fail to see yourself clearly. There's kids starving around the world, yet you continue to spend your money "entertaining" yourselves? You must be one GREEDY SOB...

For the good of the third world?!?!?! The best thing we can do for the third world is to leave them alone and stop using them as our corporations see fit. They can fend for themselves if only we could butt out.

Really? What is it exactly they're going to do without the Corporations? Like said - the reason it's cheap labor is because there is nothing else there competing for the labor force. You wouldn't take $6/month to dig ditches because you've got options.

You demonize the people giving them options because you simply don't agree with the options. No guns to their heads, these people are picking the best options.

Or wait... do you offer double the standard charge to the plumber when he comes out because you think he deserves it? No, you pay what he asks. Supply and Demand. Corporations simply offer the market price for labor.

Again treatement for desease. Just look at the US and their FDA. They regulate food and drugs. Produce bad food (McDowels)
and sell them medicine to compensate for the bad food. If you go and publicly say that vitamin C is the cure for scurvy you will be charged or even put in jail. Why? Becuase if the FDA doesn't say it's a cure then "it isn't" If that isn't greed I dunno what is. How about senate bill S-510 in the US. And human nature is not greed. It's your nature.

#smh
Ok, real quick - I have a billion dollars. I have 3 options:
1. Spend it all willy nilly
2. Save it and pass it on
3. Invest it and try to increase it
A scientist has a great idea on how to treat a desiase. He has no money. He asks me for my money to complete his research. I say "Ok, why?" He says "You will get a return on your investment"

No I either deicde the return is worth the investment risk and scratch out options 1 and 2... or I dont.

THAT is why medicine companies do things the way they do.

AND YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT.

Human nature is greed, always has been. Why do you go to work? Why not not offer your boss to work for less money so someone else can get a pay increase? We want more - always have - always will.

Sure, we hide it in things like "Not for me... it's for my kids"... but the motivation is the same. Why do you think advertising works man? Why do you think the whole world is addicted to credit?

You're being a simpleton and hiding behind subjective morality. "It's good for me - but not them" reasoning is wrong... period. You like to make money - oh but nobody who makes more than you should? That's the whole base of your argument.... glad to know who I can call from now on when I wonder "how much is too much"...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Most of the time, when the phrase "Corporate Greed" is used, ...they really mean:

"Corporate Corruption"

This thread is mostly arguing about the semantics of the word greed...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Cute really.Try joining combat arms if you can handle it.
No I'm not greedy,I'ved given thousands of dollars in my life to friends who needed it ,if I had it.
Have you?
Perhaps OUTSIDE of Alabama you may learn about the rest of the world and some nefarious practices that you have somehow been so isolated from you lack the knowledge or comprehension.
I'm 50 I've worked since I was 16,6 in the Cav,2 Associates degrees: electronics and optoelectronics and in 3 weeks I'm going for a BA in computer graphics and animation.
What is your opinion based on?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
The OP is the most naive thing I have heard for a long time - well at least today - what is he 12.

One word --- Ivan Boesky

the OP might be 14...his thought processes sounds as if he has/had a very limited amount of life experiences. why do i say that?....why would anyone want to "invest and grow" a personal fortune of a billion dollars. if you are not satisfied at that point, you need help, because the problem is with you, not with how much money you have.
edit on 15-6-2011 by jimmyx because: syntax

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Human nature is not greed. Humans are conditioned to be greedy, and this starts at a young age by parents who dont even realise that this is unhealthy, this is the only way they know as they were conditioned too.
Make someone work for you for nothing and hes a slave, make him work for you and pay him 5 cents (or any amount for that reason) an hour and hes a hardworking honorouble citizen!!!???

What kind of freedom do you want for yourself and your children???freedom is a word that humankind have to reconsider, because it has become an outdated interpretation of the word in this age that only favours a few at the expense of others.Freedom is a right and not a privilege and has to have as less bounderies as possible under the right circumstances and considerations.

edit on 15-6-2011 by Senser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
An evil obsessive sense of self entitlement with no logical constraint and coveting everyone Else's treasures too....Hey wait a minute thats Gotta be a form of DANGEROUS MENTAL ILLNESS!
We have to call the CDC on this one it's a world wide epidemic!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Tell it to who? Do you have a job? Then you should tell them yourself. If you demand a certain salary to do your work, then you are just as guilty. To afford your increased salary and/or benefits, the "corporation" has to make more money.

Comparing the multi millions to an average workers salary is apples and oranges. The corporation does not have to make more money. They need to increase efficiency, and the top 5% need to take a pay cut. Here is your more money.

They (top 5%) are just workers, just like us. Why should they be given these multi millions, and an assured easy retirement, when the rest of the workers (peons) toil and suffer for 30 years. Only to find their 401k has been raped by the elite banking system the top percenters are a part of. So now they have to work till die.

CEO and his entire family are set for life. We get a life sentence of despair. We work just as hard or harder.

This is not right my friend. Greed is bad no matter how you look at it. The system is a hacked together confabulation, a house of cards that seems to have met a stiff breeze. But people are getting tired of working 40 years and having $5 in their 401k, I hope we all soon wake up.

You wouldn't take $6/month to dig ditches because you've got options.

Not only options, but they have that pesky liberal law called the Minimum Wage. If we didn't, $6/month would probably be the norm.
Peace.
edit on 15-6-2011 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well, actually if you have a bank account, I think it's in the top 3%. So I'm in the top 3%, not 7%. But who's counting, oh yeah..

Have a good evening.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join