It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep "calling"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
in the past few weeks i have had two phone calls from friends saying that i had called them earlier that day. but thats impossible seeing as i only just woke up when they called.

one friend said when they dialed the number in sydney to see who the last call you missed was from, said that it was my number. strange.

then another friend called me today and asked if i had called him. and i said no because i only just woke up. then he says that earlier in the morning his brother picked up the phone and i was on the other end, and that i said "hey its (my name)" and he said ok, and handed it to my friend. then my friend heard me say hello, and then i hung up.

very very weird. maybe im doing it in my sleep?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Woah man, this is intresting indeed...never heard of such an occurance..very cool.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
maybe i can set up a camera or something, would be interesting

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Definitely set up a camera or something and then post your findings. That'd be weird to discover you were calling people in your sleep.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
hmmm, ok im pretty sure my dad has a camera i can use, next time im at his house ill set it up. should be interesting.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Whoa, you might be a sleepwalker err...caller. Be glad your not some sleep walker's who drive their cars while they're not even aware of it. Either way sounds cool, get that camera up.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
hmmm might take a few days for me to get a camera set up, dad is away with it and ive got my trial end of year exams, which isnt really a trial because its 25% of our marks :/. well anyway ill set it up asap,

my dad and his conspiracy theories thinks that there is a way to hack into somebodies phone and use their number to call people, though this wouldnt make sense in this case. just crazy dad.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Youngin]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have done strange things whilst being asleep, like:

Get dressed, run down the street looking for aliens (dont remember it until my bro told me about it in the morning after he came and got me)

Had a fight with the missus. Apparently got quite aggressive but dont remember a thing.

I have also had that sleep paralysis, where you are awake but cannot move for #, and can't even speak. Took alot of willpower to shake that one off. It felt as if I was being pulled into somewhere and I had to fight it to come back to reality

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
People who could call others in their sleep, reaching out with their minds to the intended contact, but this is the first I've heard of, literally, a sleep caller.

Cool!

May have to unplug your phone/hide it at night... you may start calling long distance.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
hahaha that would be possible since half my family live in the US
hehe

hmm another thing just came to mind, dunno if its related. but my dad is always angry about our phone bill that goes up to about $100+ a month, when i dont normally call people unless with my mobile, and my dad normally only takes calls. and a lot of the calls are to random numbers that we dont know :/

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Youngin]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
That's awesome. You're like...prank calling, but you can't be held liable!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
my cousin tried to open his front door sleep walking so it is possible that you called friends

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Doing things in your sleep can be dangerous. I'm glad I don't sleepwalk. My brother has or had that problem though. He told me that he even took his gun out and took a lock off and then loaded it and then shot it through a door all in his sleep. Of course the gunshot woke him up and scared him. I believe what scared him is that he did all this in his sleep. He's been very careful what he watches on tv now before he goes to sleep. He doesn't want to fight it out with anyone in his dreams because that could be trouble.

I don't sleepwalk but I can talk in my sleep and apparently carry on a conversation. I had an annoying roomate who once told me he tried an experiment when I started talking but he wouldn't tell me what we discussed. Oh well, whatever it was can't possibly be better than getting in an argument with me while I was sleeping. He said I kept telling him to Get Out!
I thought that was so funny when he told me and he didn't realize I was sleeping. He was arguing about how unfair that was since he paid half the rent etc. etc.

Seriously though sleep walking or calling can be dangerous or hazardous to your pocketbook. Hope you don't call one of those expensive overseas numbers.

top topics

join