It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "My family would be fine with just 1 term"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

www.mediaite.com...

Here we go folks. Obama says his wife and kids aren't "invested" in him being President and would have been fine if he hadn't decided to seek re-election. He goes on to say that they would be fine if he wanted to do something else and that Michele would be the first one to encourage him to do something "a little less stressful".

What do you think? Is he dropping hints that he may not seek re-election?

Will he be forced out or resign before his first term is over?

Will he go through with the election but lose, possibly in a landslide?

Or, will he be re-elected by those who don't have a clue about any of the issues of the day or what any of his policies are? Will they vote for him because of his skin color, or because he's charismatic and good with a teleprompter and promises change?

What say you?
edit on 14-6-2011 by coastalite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think he's a guy who just said he and his family are fine with one term. What's the big deal here? You'll have to wait to find out.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by coastalite

I'm actually fine with him doing one term. I think he's done enough to this country.
NEXT!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bnz70
I think he's a guy who just said he and his family are fine with one term.

If he and his family are fine with one term, why seek re-election?

A politician who is competitive does not go around admitting that they are fine with only one term in office. If you went to a job interview, would you tell the interviewer that you'd be fine with not getting the job? Heck no! You tell them you want the job and will do whatever it takes. The leader of the free world does not sound like he's all that interested in the job.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Everyone will just hate the new president in less than a year if s/he's elected. It's like people's memory on these things last only to the last 4 years. Maybe that's how it was decided to make presidential terms 4 years.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Or maybe his closest advisers told him to do a little reverse psychology on the American public. Not saying that is what I believe, just saying it's a possibility. If he was truly ambivalent about re-election I don't know why he would already be fundraising and capaigning this early in the game.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The term Ropa-dope comes to mind.

I am perfectly fine with him being a one-term catastrophe and not going for re-institution...er I mean re-election.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
Or maybe his closest advisers told him to do a little reverse psychology on the American public. Not saying that is what I believe, just saying it's a possibility. If he was truly ambivalent about re-election I don't know why he would already be fundraising and campaigning this early in the game.

Politicians do not go around saying they are fine with only one term. Leaders and people with a winning attitude do not say such things. Sounds like something a potential loser would say. He's probably looked at the TRUE polling numbers and it ain't pretty.

The most important thing to a politician is getting re-elected.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Again, the primary motive behind any decision at 1600 PA, is themselves.

While I find myself in agreement with Moochelle for maybe the first time ever, my decision is based on what I see as the needs of this country. Her decision is based on personal interest and a cost/benefit analysis of the next phase of her personal life.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Honestly, it sounds like something someone would say when they know they are either gonna quit or lose.

People who are highly competitive with killer instincts and winning attitudes do not say things like this. It's not a part of their way of thinking and certainly is not a part of their vocabulary. You either want the job or you don't. He's creating doubt. Winners project winning, not losing.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The Op is referring to an excerpt from an interview the President did with Ann Curry for the Today Show (NBC)

Ann: I've been wondering, in the non-stop intensity of being President of The United States, have you ever thought to yourself maybe one term is enough?

President Obama: Well, I'm sure there are days where I say that one term is enough. What keeps me going is a belief that the work that we started in 2009 is not yet complete. We still don't have the kind of energy policy that we need to move this country forward. We still have not restructured our education system to where it's to make sure every kid has a chance at a successful career in the 21st century. And so, I'm constantly thinking about the work that is undone despite the fact of being very proud of what we have gotten accomplished over the last 2 1/2 years.

Ann: So you've still probably had to have a family meeting, did you ask Michelle and the kids about this?

President Obama: Michelle and the kids are wonderful in that if I said, you know what guys, I want to do something different, they'd be fine. They're not invested in daddy being President, or my husband being President, but they do believe in what we're doing. I think Michelle, if she didn't think that what we're doing was worthwhile, in moving the country forward, I think she would be the first one to say, why don't you go do something different that is a little less stressful.

The interview ends with the President saying..."So if the family's still doing well, if Michelle's still putting up with me then I've got enough energy to keep on doing the work I've been doing"

Source

See what a difference context makes?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Threads always die when people make sense...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastalite
news.yahoo.com...

www.mediaite.com...

Here we go folks. Obama says his wife and kids aren't "invested" in him being President and would have been fine if he hadn't decided to seek re-election. He goes on to say that they would be fine if he wanted to do something else and that Michele would be the first one to encourage him to do something "a little less stressful".

What do you think? Is he dropping hints that he may not seek re-election?

Will he be forced out or resign before his first term is over?

Will he go through with the election but lose, possibly in a landslide?

Or, will he be re-elected by those who don't have a clue about any of the issues of the day or what any of his policies are? Will they vote for him because of his skin color, or because he's charismatic and good with a teleprompter and promises change?

What say you?

I say he served his purpose for the TPTB , and he probably wants out of public office as much as his wife does.

That has to be a very uncomfortable 'fish bowl" style of existence.The worst part about it, would be trying to sort out who you can trust , as a result in having to be a player, in the game of 'smoke and mirrors" by the TPTB.

It seems that the people are still under the illusion that elections can actually make a difference in the big picture. An elaborate expensive ruse , designed to make the sheeple look like they have a say. Who ever makes it to the final run, will have already been prepared and groomed for their purpose in the chess game mainpulated by TPTB, whether they are aware of that fact or not.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
How about WE, the citizens of America, are fine with just one term?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I was going to post along the lines that many of you already have: "His family isn't the only ones who would be fine with that..." Har-har. But then I realized (which has also already been said) that it really doesn't matter all that much who sits in the chair of power. America's problems are now structural not cyclic so to speak, so whichever clown happens to occupy the ceremonial throne is increasingly meaningless.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
While I would certainly prefer that Obama be a one term president, I don't think his ego will allow him to not even run for re-election.

Do I think he will run in 2012? Yes.

Will he win? Im 50/50 on this prospect. There are a whole lot of stupid people out there, and not to mention that Obama still has the appeal of the Black community, and the youth (the under 35 crowd).
edit on 14-6-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastalite

Originally posted by littled16
Or maybe his closest advisers told him to do a little reverse psychology on the American public. Not saying that is what I believe, just saying it's a possibility. If he was truly ambivalent about re-election I don't know why he would already be fundraising and campaigning this early in the game.

Politicians do not go around saying they are fine with only one term. Leaders and people with a winning attitude do not say such things. Sounds like something a potential loser would say. He's probably looked at the TRUE polling numbers and it ain't pretty.

The most important thing to a politician is getting re-elected.

In regard to your last sentence, Maybe he's not a real politician? I actually don't see him pandering himself much with "Look at me, I did this, I did that, I am a god!"

I saw this interview this morning, actually me and my teens. My kid commented that he seems like he's not interested in being President anymore. I did notice the comments about his wife and kids being happy if he wasn't President. I thought it strange, and it did seem like he is giving up. Wouldn't blame him. It's a mess our world is in now. Gonna take a person with a god complex and brains to match to get us back on track.

The next President will be just as hated, my guess. The next liked president will be the one that gets to govern over a better economy.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You're right. When taken in context it becomes COMPLETE Horseshet. Moochelle has grown accustomed to farting thru silk on the taxpayers dime, and she can hate America better, living in the whitehouse. How can anyone believe a word that comes out of Barry's mouth.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I was going to post along the lines that many of you already have: "His family isn't the only ones who would be fine with that..." Har-har. But then I realized (which has also already been said) that it really doesn't matter all that much who sits in the chair of power. America's problems are now structural not cyclic so to speak, so whichever clown happens to occupy the ceremonial throne is increasingly meaningless.

So very true..not too mention that it costs a lot of tax dollars to have elections, and even more when a new family and party takes over the white house. It's an expensive process ....and for what? Meet the new boss..same as the old boss?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i woulda been fine i he never served 1 term

i will be happy if he quits and dont let the door hit him on the way out

and i want him boo'd and cowled at just like his supporters did to gwb.

turn about is fair play.

buh bye obama its been real

really aweful knowin ya.

god save the king may the sun never fade from his most holiest glorious visage

long the the king oops i meant zeig heil.

new topics

top topics

join