It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panetta: Obama Can Unilaterally Use Military to Protect ‘National Interests’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
We can write to our Congress men/women all we want. They will ignore our requests as politicians DO NOT represent the will of the people. This much is evident in how the world views all Americans as war mongering infidels. In fact I would grant that an extremely large percentage of the people in the US do not want ANY war or conflict with another Nation. Alas what is the purpose of writing to said Congress person?

As stated in an above post, this will continue regardless of who holds the political power.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
We can write to our Congress men/women all we want. They will ignore our requests as politicians DO NOT represent the will of the people. This much is evident in how the world views all Americans as war mongering infidels. In fact I would grant that an extremely large percentage of the people in the US do not want ANY war or conflict with another Nation. Alas what is the purpose of writing to said Congress person?

As stated in an above post, this will continue regardless of who holds the political power.

That is what we have let it become, we have no one to blame but ourselves for this mess we are in. We allowed government elections to become little better than voting for prom king and queen. We as americans have what very few other citizens in any other country have, power and freedom to change everything. So, the question is...how many of you are going to continue sitting on your ass letting your opinions and will be made for you by every tard screaming across the airwaves, or are you going to look at the facts and decide for yourself what facts you like and don't like and do everything you are empowered to do to change them?

Do you know why the majority of the rest of the world looks at us as lazy? Because we have the power to change this country and don't. We're too busy with birth certificates, the NWO/TPTB and Jersey Shore to know which way is up.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

If you think the absence of Obama's birth certificate do not worth being discussed, I think you also would not mind if a Chinese or a Russian had the opportunity to sit in the chair as President of the United States. This do not concern you a little bit?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by Kali74

If you think the absence of Obama's birth certificate do not worth being discussed, I think you also would not mind if a Chinese or a Russian had the opportunity to sit in the chair as President of the United States. This do not concern you a little bit?

In the real world, no it isn't. If you want to roleplay some fantasy that we live in a country where things like this can happen well...I'm not the person for that either. And no, I would not mind a natural born chinese or russian person being president as long as he/she stood for the values I believe in, same as I don't mind a natural born black person being president.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

reply to post by Kali74

In the real world, no it isn't. If you want to roleplay some fantasy that we live in a country where things like this can happen well...I'm not the person for that either. And no, I would not mind a natural born chinese or russian person being president as long as he/she stood for the values I believe in, same as I don't mind a natural born black person being president.

So, do you live in wonderland? Because I think to someone be president of the United States he has to be natural born, a simple thing we still not have sure about Obama.

I don't mind a natural born black person being president.

So do I. But prove it. Black, white, blue, red, doe not matter. Prove it.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by Signals

Your comment shows the people haven't waken up yet. We the people didn't put any of these clowns in charge. The Bildeburgs pick them and our rigged election scam the people into thinking there was actually an election. Its been the same crap different day ever since the murder of John Kennedy. The information has been out there for years people either laugh at it or ignore it. One thing for sure is the general public has not acted on it.

I see your point, but WE did put these people in charge. I'm not saying I voted for the administration, but collectively, "we" (America) voted them in.

And WE continue to put up with these "kinetic military actions", spying on US citizens, hands down the pants, and total, clueless idiots in charge.

WE got ourselves in this mess and until WE are fed up with it nothing will change.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

So, do you live in wonderland? Because I think to someone be president of the United States he has to be natural born, a simple thing we still not have sure about Obama.

I don't mind a natural born black person being president.

So do I. But prove it. Black, white, blue, red, doe not matter. Prove it.

Do you intend to derail your own thread to off-topic and make it yet another birther thread? Is that because your OP is baseless?

But, to answer...it has been proven that our President is a natural born citizen time and again, you just refuse to see reality for what it is.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
national interests means the protection of globalization

face facts thats why our military is overseas to protect outsourcing of business and finance.

obamas actions are treasonous he is destroying our military and this country we can not afford it anymore.

trillions have left this country and trillions continue to leave this country and your sons and daughters are fighting on foreign shores so that someone else can make a buck instead of your neigbors.

dont care for panetta or obama

and i think the war powers acts is in dire need of revokation.

a uniamous vote from the house and senate and the president and even if 1 nay is cast then its a no go.

we got major problems here at home and we dont need to support war for globalization.

and globalization is the key element for a new world order to destroy this country and others to impliment the saviors.

as the wise macman said think locally and not globally and you save your own butts.
edit on 14-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
and i think the war powers acts is in dire need of revokation.

a uniamous vote from the house and senate and the president and even if 1 nay is cast then its a no go.

Majority rules...
that should change?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

you mean mob rule

and yeah it should change

especially when it comes to war.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So just do away with the whole government then?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

where did you get that?

did you bother to read what i said?

a uninamous consent of the house and senate and president 1 no vote NO WAR.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

where did you get that?

I dont think he even I read the opening post. If he did, Im surte he does not understood.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Do you intend to derail your own thread to off-topic and make it yet another birther thread? Is that because your OP is baseless?

But, to answer...it has been proven that our President is a natural born citizen time and again, you just refuse to see reality for what it is.

You are the one who "derail" the main subject. I will not go this way because it is certain that he was not able to show his birth certificate.

But back to the main subject of this thread, my criticism is do not personal to Obama, my criticism is for those who occupy the highest office in this country and dare to threaten their own citizens.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

where did you get that?

I dont think he even I read the opening post. If he did, Im surte he does not understood.

She did understand it and quite well. Russo, you're asserting that our President is thumbing his nose at the Constitution because of his authority over our military, I showed you he was not...the power has always been there and always will be there...You decided to throw birth certificates around as some kind of argument. Neo96 is asserting that congress should have a unanamous vote to pass anything, I say that's equivalent to doing away with our government because that would bring our country to a grinding halt.

You are the one who "derail" the main subject. I will not go this way because it is certain that he was not able to show his birth certificate.

But back to the main subject of this thread, my criticism is do not personal to Obama, my criticism is for those who occupy the highest office in this country and dare to threaten their own citizens.

Since when is telling the truth instead of the slant about a topic derailling it? Also, I didn't bring up the birth certificate, you did.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

where did you get that?

She did understand it and quite well. Russo, you're asserting that our President is thumbing his nose at the Constitution because of his authority over our military, I showed you he was not...the power has always been there and always will be there...You decided to throw birth certificates around as some kind of argument. Neo96 is asserting that congress should have a unanamous vote to pass anything, I say that's equivalent to doing away with our government because that would bring our country to a grinding halt.

Since when is telling the truth instead of the slant about a topic derailling it? Also, I didn't bring up the birth certificate, you did.

Obama will continue to use and abuse the Military to establish The "change"

Not a natural born citizen?
No problem.
Forged birth certificate? No
problem.
Stolen Social Security
Number? No problem.
Forged Selective Service
registration? No problem.

Good guy huh?

Yes, I have a problem when any one person has that much control. We have seen what dictators with complete control have done in the past.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

where did you get that?

Obama will continue to use and abuse the Military to establish The "change"
Not a natural born citizen?
No problem.
Forged birth certificate? No
problem.
Stolen Social Security
Number? No problem.
Forged Selective Service
registration? No problem.

Good guy huh?

Yes, I have a problem when any one person has that much control. We have seen what dictators with complete control have done in the past.

All delusions. The President cannot use the military against the citizens of the US. He can however use the military in just about any other manner he sees fit, and it's within the Constitution to do so, with or without Congressional approval.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
people are confused on what actually happens when you cast your vote. like an earlier poster mentioned, they are not elected to do your will.

when you cast a vote you are empowering a candidate to act on you behalf. whatever that may be. that's why they have platforms outlining what they are going to do. it starts and ends there. until the next election.

lying to voters is not a crime. america is only a democracy once every four years. the other 1459 days it's a one party dictatorship, with an opposition fighting against you with only one goal in mind. the presidency.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

How can a president repeatedly thumb his nose at his country's constitution and remain president?

A President can't do that. But a tyrant and a dictator can. Especially when he surrounds himself with sycophants and puppets like Panetta.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Although this is old news. It is still relevant to what has happened in regards to the NDAA bill. This was being discussed this summer when Panetta was being questioned, Of course McCain was running his mouth then about how he totally agreed. Is it any wonder he was a sponsor to use this ideology against the American people. He sounded like a traitor and now he has proven it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join