It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Your Grocery Bill Will Double this Year and What You Can Do About It.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Are we really only 12 Meals away from Anarchy?

Found this set of videos by Marjory Wildcraft of Back Yard Food Production . Did a search and didn't find anything posted on her.

Marjory Wildcraft promotes organic agriculture and sustainable living. She and her husband, Dave, are former real estate investors. Back in 2002, she & her husband were worried at the potential instability of the financial markets and peak oil. They decided to make some changes and they liquefied their assets, bought land in Bastrop County and moved their family of four to their new homestead and learned to live sustainably.

She is a nationally recognized expert in backyard food production, Marjory Wildcraft talks about why she believes the cost of groceries will likely double in 2011, and what people can do to prepare for it.

edit on 14-6-2011 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

Very nice videos!
I am impressed with everything she said...
Even the parts about having 'less clean kids that city kids'!

This is where I am trying to get.
Self-sustainability.
Relying on markets and restaurants for everything is very ignorant.
People need to know how to take care of themselves.

Or else you have riots, theives, and looters.
If you knew how to make everything yourself, you wouldn't need to steal.

Great thread!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Ya , a little dirt wont hurt you. I grew up in the country and as a kid I was outside most of the time playing with the kids around the area, we got dirty and loved it lol. When we took baths there was lots of dirt left behind in the tube...hehe , my poor mother......

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
buy your can food now. thats what i have been doing to fight off inflation. it only works until your run out of food then you have to buy the inflated food

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by Reevster

If you knew how to make everything yourself, you wouldn't need to steal.

Exactly! Exactly! This is a brilliant statement! /applause

Admittedly, I haven't had a chance to watch the vids because I can't get them at work, but I shall when I get home. I hope she talks about composting - because food waste processing is a big part of self-sufficiency.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
"Complete self sufficiency book by John Seymour"

The guy in the video gives a bit of review of this book, I have read the book as well and it is something you should have if your into self sufficiency/ survival etc.

Also the guy doing the video has a ton of other good info in other videos he has made.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

That's what we do also. And hedging inflation is the one thing I've found that seems to convince others I care about to at least consider doing the same.

Around these parts, there's a lot of Mormons. And for whatever reason, they know a lot about long-term food storage. I found the following link fairly informative

providentliving.org...
edit on 17-6-2011 by stasis because: typo

top topics

join