It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Level 2 sleep/dream paralysis with a black, shapeless figure seen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Had this experience recently. Had a sleep paralysis in a dream, only to 'wake up' to another dream which quickly fell into a sleep paralysis for the 2nd time.

Annoying due to the thought I've escaped the first one, only to find out I am still dreaming and fell to another sleep paralysis. Thankfully, I was able to get out of the 2nd one quickly and regained full consciousness.

I'm not even sure if I am dreaming as I had vivid vision of my room same position while I lay in the bed, only not in full control of myself.

During these episodes I saw a figure appearing in my window, a black shapeless figure, which looked like some sort of 'Rorschach Test' which glowed electric blue around the edges.

What is this all about?
edit on 14-6-2011 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If your fear hadnt made you abort it (which i assume is what happened), you'd get to see...
Could be either way, malevolent, benevolent. All depending on your state of mind at the happening

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
google succubus. i am a victim of sleep paralysis. sleeping on my side instead of my back has stopped it from the most part. it is very terrifying.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lieth

Sleep paralysis doesn't have much to do with your state of mind considering the actual physical paralysis triggers natural fear and alters that state. It's not a dream. You can drift in and out of dreams during paralysis but at the point when the phenom of feeling the presence happens you are generally fully conscious.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Been there my brother, same type of figure as well. For years I had on going dreams, that I considered night terrors but these were later in life, from about 18-23 yo. Every year around Easter time is when they would reoccur, the first one I remember vividly. As I could literally feel the being pulling on my leg, I actually leaped out of bed and was in the hallway before I came to full consciousness. The rest of the episodes were with my gf around and she was terrified by them... I woke up speaking in tongues in a deep, deep voice and she tried to awaken me only to be lifted out of the bed by her neck. It came very close to physical with her on two separate occasions (poor innocent bi-standard).

The last dream I also remember vividly as well and was given the chills just by reading your title. We were in her parents house, I was sleeping on a futon in her room while she was in her bed on the other side of the room (thankfully). In this dream I was fully aware and conscious, I remember looking at this tall dark figure standing over me, no face, no identifiable shape (although I assume human), and then the arms came out for me. I remember getting pissed and forced this scream that started from my stomach and would frighten the toughest of men. And then it was over. My gf was awake by the time of the scream looking at me, she said I was half sitting up in the bed and it looked like I was fighting something... I was swinging away, lol.

Although I still have vivid dreams to this day, I have never experienced this sequences of terrors since.

I spoke in depth with a philosophy teacher of mine about each individual experience. He was incredibly open minded and has seen many apparitions himself. I related the figures that I would see and feel to demon spirits reaching for me to come to them. I was once much more susceptible to follow the "wrong path" and was very capable of malicious and evil things. I am a different person since.
edit on 6/14/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I have witnessed it myself many times now, it led me to do research on the subject. It is called an hypnagogic hallucination and without researching it would lead many to think it is some demon or monster which I guess it more fun to imagine.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Just because a shrink gives a name (hypnagogic paralysis) to a phenomonem does not explain it away from the paranormal, these educated idiots do more harm than good mostly. I will go with succubus.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I can relate to that to some extent.

A few years ao, I was in a mood where I had trouble differentiating reality from dreaming, and memories would be very confused. I would ask friends if that person did say that, only to find that I didn't even see that person the whole day. Kind of scary.

One night, I had the clear impression that something was preventing me from waking up, or intruding my dreams. This is how I put it once I talked to a friend and I remembered this episode a few dyas(weeks?) later. Basically, I fought. I had control over my body, it is just that my mind was trapped in another world, therefore my consciousness was associated to the environment in my mind, meaning that I didn't have an awareness of my surroundings in the physical world, or maybe minimal when I would hit something.

This happened to me a few times, even once my mother was in the same room and as I was raving around in my bed, she made the mistake of touching me, I freaked out according to her and pushed her away as if she was the "worst kind of beast" and screaming like a doomed man.

Screaming in my dreams in strange deep voices happened quite often when I was still in my family house, but maybe because I am pretty much alone now no one tells me about it.

Never seen any of these dark figures though, but felt strongly that something tried to sneak in my head.

I knew of a friend that had terrible issues like that, she was litterally being choked by some invisible stuff while semi conscious, and her boyfriend on her side couldn't do anything to help.

My advise for any of those who experience these kind of things repeatedly would be to use crystals charged with intent. I might suggest Seleneite, Quartz, Black Tourmaline, Jade.

new topics

top topics

join