It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Graham: We Will Attack Syria Soon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

How do you propose to stop the atrocities currently being committed?
If there are no atrocities how do you explain the reports by the fleeing citizens and defecting soldiers?

You sell the other side cheap weapons and commodities. Thats how smart people make money off of wars (which shouldn't happen). The U.S. is used as the 50 IQ Jock to have open warfare in multiple countries while everything in his own falls apart.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

We knew this would happen, considering Syria was one of the Axis of Evils declared by Bush. We think we have a President that thinks independently, but in reality someone else is directing our national policy. One President change does not equal any change. Unless that person is so far out of the mainstream, that is the type of person we need. If they are part of the good ole boy club we should never elect them.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
There is no way the UNSC will back another no fly resolution, this time for Syria. Even if they did, Syria has more than enough firepower to take out their civilians on the ground before we could intervene. Intervening would mean a pretty massive force, on par with the Iraq invasion. Nato is already being strained by the military operations in Libya, Syria would be Libya times 5 to 10. The only plus we would have is that Turkey would probably be more than willing to step in and do the yeoman's part of the work, provided we let them carve out a Kurdish enclave/State in Northern Syria in exchange. Turkey gets rid of it's "Kurdish Problem" and Syria get rid of Assad and a chance for real democracy. Doesn't sound like that bad of a trade off. Turkey would be the key, without them, it's a big cluster!@#$. Very unlikely to happen.

I'd like to see Assad go, but military options aren't looking good. Better to bribe his Generals to kill him, it would be far cheaper in the long run and better for the Syrian people as well.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Why would you like to see asad go? Are you a syrian citizen?

I love how Graham says "all options are on the table." That phrase is used so much its not even funny. The next us defense secretary said options are open on Iran as well. Seriously what in the world is going on? The people in the middle east have options on the table too.

6000 US soldiers have died from the war, 3000 Civilians died from the war, not to mention approximately 40,000 US soldiers wounded

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Religion is very important to some "bafoons" as you eloquently put it. Whether many here realize it or not, prediction in the bible and many other religious text are coming to fruition today. To deny that is either foolishness or ignorance. I have read the Bible, Quran and Talmud, so believe I have pretty solid backing saying that.

Do not mock people for saying what they believe.

And don't think for a second that people thinking there will be the return of Jesus are somehow crazy. Afterall, he was here once already

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Just so you know the Iraqi army in 2003 was about 375,000

Syrias is about 600000 (reserves plus regular) and with better tech too

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

No logic at all here.

Sheesh.

Graham should be drafted and on the frontlines.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by Ben81

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be Russia + China + ME +NK vs US + Europe ......Although I would suspect that Russia wouldn't allign themselves with all those countries but just use it as an advantage to take over parts of china and other old soviet land.

China and Russia have been long time enemies of the USA
now that the us government tried to take the world to themself
russian and chinese will not let that happen
and now that the beast have been weakened .. they know its time to strike
last mistake the us will do is to invade Syria ..
they will not stay idle on that

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Everything will be fine, relax, grab a beer or your favorite drink, get some snacks, put on the TV or surf the net,
There are no problems that last longer than a few days and then boom, everything is solved.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I used to think all the talk here of WWIII was a little bit out there...I am a good one to talk, but never the less... thought such notions were a little extreme.

Well...TADAHHH...I guess I was wrong. We're running over the middle east like Hitler and his Panzers overran Europe. And, like WWII...it has taken a few years to set the table... so to speak, but now it is rolling along with a vengeance.

What scares the piss out of me...is how, much like WWI and WWII, all it takes is an unforeseen event to throw China, Russia, India, EU, and the US into a big ass confrontation...

Remember, WWI was started with a wrong turn and one gunshot.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

WW2 was started because of a false flag event Reichtag
to invade Poland

i guess the WW3 already started with 9/11 false flag
to invade the entire ME
and it will finish with a big confrontation with more powerfull countries
the start of ww3 was against very weak countries

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I concur... and WWII began, unknowingly to the world... when Hitler took little Rheinland...then lttle Austria..then just a little bit of Czech..the german part anyway...then they and Russia divided the power house...Poland.

From that point on is when the Big Money Players started...England, France, Russia, Italy, and it spirals after that.

So we started with a false flag...9/11... still out on that....but never the less, we go into Iraq, then Afghanistan, make a bunch of alliances with the little -ackistan countries that used to be Soviet, now we are in Lybia, still trying to figure if Pakistan is with or against us...which plays to the Indians...which are against the Chinese...which are against the VietNamese...which are, oddly enough, with the USA....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I hope we do attack Syria as soon as posible, after watching the tank attack on peaceful protest i really dont know what needs to happen for the world to wake up and put a firm stop to this.
Iraq might be about oil but Syria is all about a murdering bullying regime, the UK/US need to go in hard and fast, Jesus isnt coming now or anytime in the future

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
C´mon Ben you are predicting WW3 for years now

I wish you more luck this time but still sceptical.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zmurfix
C´mon Ben you are predicting WW3 for years now

I wish you more luck this time but still sceptical.

i do not wish to happen .. i think now its inevitable
some high placed people .. wants this war to fullfill a thousand yrs old prophecy

is it a prophecy if you push it ??

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I'm still not decided if its all that bad.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Why would you like to see asad go? Are you a syrian citizen?

It's pretty obvious he's a thug who is using his military to kill his own civilians. I am not a Syrian citizen, otherwise I would probably be getting shot at by my own government's troops used against me for wanting basic freedoms.

I guess since I am not a Syrian Citizen, I really shouldn't care that they are getting murdered by their unelected leaders who inherited their job from their daddy.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by haarvik

The situation as it is unfolding was predicted a long time ago along with Jesus coming back. Yes this has to deal with religion because this is the anti-christs secret plan for world domination via the NWO. They are trying to weaken the muslim countries because the antichrist will probably be jewish and subject to attack from the Muslim countries. This has all been predicted man.

Not sure about the anti-christ but if you're the creepy guy in your avatar then you would certainly qualify

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by pavil

Just so you know the Iraqi army in 2003 was about 375,000

Syrias is about 600000 (reserves plus regular) and with better tech too

Syria hasn't proved their battle readiness to me, I'm not impressed with their troops. Hezbollah, given even odds, would kick their butts. They might have nice machinery, but the people behind them are lacking in quality. You may disagree, but the only people the Syrian Army has defeated has been the Muslim Brotherhood and their own citizens.

Not saying it would be a cakewalk, but the end result would be Assad's regime going away.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

All of this is based on a really old book.... Based on a really old mindset for controlling humanity... And yes it is very very creepy isn't it!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join