It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas? It's Coming Right At You? Dallas? Birth of the Violin Mantis Babys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I LOVE these things. I think they are one of the most bad a bugs out there. Obviously many beautiful but some think not...this made me smile; what do you think?

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

DALLAS?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

Ah, from the original Alien One. Dallas, the assumed protagoist, was hunted down by the alien while the crew tried to tell him where to run, to no avail...Mantis have a certain alien? quality? Maybe just a bad title?

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by krossfyter

Ah, from the original Alien One. Dallas, the assumed protagoist, was hunted down by the alien while the crew tried to tell him where to run, to no avail...Mantis have a certain alien? quality? Maybe just a bad title?

ColoradoJens

ahhhh Gotcha.Yes. Very Unreal/Alien that hatching. Creepy.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There's a great show on the Science channel called Monster Bug Wars. They set up fights between all kinds of bugs, spiders, and scorpions. It creeps my wife out, but it is really fascinating seeing all the natural weapons they have evolved over time.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

My eight year old son is in heaven when that and RiverMonsters comes on. Very proud that after watching his first "bigfoot" show that he is currently convinced it's real. He is also very clear on the lochness monster, ufos and loves any killer bug with a probiscus. Thanks!

CJ

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by the owlbear

My eight year old son is in heaven when that and RiverMonsters comes on. Very proud that after watching his first "bigfoot" show that he is currently convinced it's real. He is also very clear on the lochness monster, ufos and loves any killer bug with a probiscus. Thanks!

CJ

I remember watching those types (bigfoot) docs back in the 70s when I was younger and they scared the living @#$#@$ outta me!

Kudos to your son! :-)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Thanks for the reply! When I was little, "In Search Of" was always fascinating. My memory might really be making this up, but I swear I also saw a "bigfoot" movie (documentary?) in the theater in the '70's. Love that stuff...

CJ

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Yep - that's one of them that I remember. It was a short film (1 hr maybe) that preceded another movie we'd gone to see

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Of course. A double feature!!!! Maybe the second feature was "Gus the Kicking Mule" I can remember being terrified of a scene in "Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster" when the city is being destroyed and they cut to a shot of a screaming crying baby...I must have been like six and I thought, oh man, I hate this smog monster....

CJ
edit on 14-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

haha. I think it was Gus (OYYAGE!!)

Does this ring a bell?
The Mysterious Monsters

Hosted by Peter Graves nonetheless

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

haha. I think it was Gus (OYYAGE!!)

Does this ring a bell?
The Mysterious Monsters

Hosted by Peter Graves nonetheless

Great find! Ahh, the '70's...when Empire of the Ants was on the bigscreen...the outdoor screen. Followed by Tentacles, Piranah and The Fog. Ahh, youth. Thanks again and you got me smiling!

CJ

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

My memory might really be making this up, but I swear I also saw a "bigfoot" movie (documentary?) in the theater in the '70's. Love that stuff...

CJ

Could it have been "The Legend of Boggy Creek"?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

That was scary as a kid. These little Violin Mantis' remind me of something from an Elvira night - a movie called "Squirm". Horror movies can be about anything, even worms. Thanks!

CJ

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Here's to all you bug haters waking up to this over your face in a few hours...

CJJJJJ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Maybe I should have titled the thread "Birth of the Politicians"...would of got more hits?

CJ

top topics

join