It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Defences At Risk Over Libyan War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

The head of the Navy has warned the Libyan conflict can only be sustained if the Government makes defence cuts elsewhere. First Sea Lord Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope said ministers would have to "reprioritise" - making cuts in firepower elsewhere - if the Nato-led campaign lasts beyond the UK's existing six-month commitment.

British forces have been in action in Libya since March. Two weeks ago, Nato extended the mission by another 90 days and taxpayers are now expected to foot a £1bn bill. In March, Chancellor George Osborne said UK involvement would cost tens of millions of pounds. By the end of April, the cost had soared to £300m and was increasing by as much as £38m a week.

Yahoo

Firstly its nice to see that they are finaly calling this what it is instead of hiding behind the pretext of a 'no-fly zone' or 'helping civilians'. SO now we are openly at war with libya and nobody bats an eyelid because they have played a clever game.

And now we are expected to foot the bill as they say if we want to continue fighting wars the defence budget cuts need to be reversed.

Well i for one dont want to continue fighting wars. Or paying my tax to fight a war i do not support (again). It just sickens me that this is happening again just like afghan and iraq. Heres a crazy idea instead of pumping loads of money into the defence budget why not just get out of LIbya and Afghanistan and save a whole lot more. But they wont and NATO will just keep extending the operation time as always happens and more civilians will end up killed and then we will be fighting the so called 'rebels'.

WHEN WILL IT END..!!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel

WHEN WILL IT END..!!

When every accessible drop of oil has been extracted by the folk who own it at whatever cost in lives and whatever cost to the environment, the bright side is some self selected representatives of the human race will be so rich God borrows money off of them and some might be dropped or "trickle down to our level".

The trickle down economic theory was always doomed to failure as any physicist or Mafia Don will tell you, money always flows up hill to the top of the pile
edit on 14-6-2011 by Thepreye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Instead of paying tax money blindly, why not throw a few rotten egg with it too ?
The idea of paying tax/money for war is a really stupid. Even an alien/UFO will tell you that.

Why bother to obey when what executed is not what the people want ?

Better pay 1 billion to find oil alternatives then to wage war with the money.

At least nobody lose their parents. Go start a revolt now, its your country.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Maybe if we get invaded it will help us tear down these psychopaths currently in charge.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

We are already at war with the rebels, they are also called the Taliban, or Al-Qaeda !
I do think that any and all cost of any NATO missions should be spread to all member nations of NATO and not just the top members such as the U.S.A. or the U.K.!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Maybe if we get invaded it will help us tear down these psychopaths currently in charge.

The only nation capable without going through Europe would be the US and if they weren't here already I would be surprised if Obama didn't turn on Britain.

top topics

join