It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Grand Jury Investigates War Crimes and Torture in Death of 'the Iceman' at Abu Ghraib, Plu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Federal Grand Jury Investigates War Crimes and Torture in Death of 'the Iceman' at Abu Ghraib, Plus Other Alleged CIA Abuses Read more: battleland.blogs.time.com...

battleland.blogs.time.com

TIME has obtained a copy of a subpoena signed by Durham that points to his grand jury's broader mandate, which could involve charging additional CIA officers and contract employees in other cases. The subpoena says "the grand jury is conducting an investigation of possible violations of federal criminal laws involving War Crimes (18 USC/2441), Torture (18 USC 243OA) and related federal offenses."

Read more: battleland.blogs.time.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I imagine a lot of people don't have an issue with alleged tortue that was carried out at abu ghraib. I suppose people who think Jack Buaer is the business and you gotta use whatever means necessary to get the information. However this was not a TV show. This was real.

War Crimes and cia. I wouldn't get too excited about this yet, but it does look promising.

This could have huge implications and repercussions.

battleland.blogs.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I was under the impression a Supreme Court ruling granted qualified immunity to CIA personell with regards to actions taken at Gitmo, locations in Afghanistan as well as Abu Ghraib.

This should be intresting..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

the whole thing looks like a minefield and would probably take so long that when a new president takes over it would probably be binned.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Good if they are guilty of war crimes then they should be executed. It would help this great country overcome the damage done by Bush and his warmongers.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Good if they are guilty of war crimes then they should be executed. It would help this great country overcome the damage done by Bush and his warmongers.

Never agree with execution. Never see the quest for more blood as answer to blood that has already been spilt. We are supposed to be more progressive , forward thinking than that. That what I always hoped. I thought the human race was moving forward.

But then the 'US' label some guy as responsible for bringing down the twin towers. They enter his hideout and put a bullet in his head in front of his family while he is standing there in his pants. A bullet in his head. 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE' Good old fashioned old testament. Thats what Obama stands for. You kill my people and I will put a bullet in your goddam head. And he did.

Anyway back to topic.

Organisations like the CIA are out of control.They along with many others need to be broken up.

Some power needs to be stripped off them.

If they were guilty of something like war cimes I would be happy enough for this to be delcared. The organiation would have to be torn down then.

new topics

top topics

join