It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chain of Karma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It is a common human reaction, if someone hurts us, to hurt them back. But this is only one link in the chain. They hurt you because they were hurt. You hurt them, or someone else, because you were hurt. This chain, or ripple, continues and will go on forever, affecting everyone in the world. That is, unless one person in the chain stops it dead. All it takes is for one person to not pass it forward. If you don't react when you are hurt, then you will have saved countless people from feeling the same. You will have stopped the chain and saved all those people who were to be hurt after you.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sign00

I thus far am the only flag and star.....................and truer words were never spoken.

Hope this thread is read and reread by every ATS Member.

The hate must stop, the seeking revenge only continues the cycle.

We are all that intimately connected but most just don't see the bigger picture and think only of their own self gratification.

Along with not seeking revenge comes actual forgiveness.

With forgiveness comes healing.

No, it doesn't let the offender off the hook, but in a strange way it frees the victim.

Funny how life works.

This was one of the best posts on ATS today that I have read.

edit on 14-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
You are right on the mark here, mate.
More people indeed need to read this thread and take away from it what you are saying.
Everything is affected by our energy and continues on.
Peace is the best answer, once again.
Thanks for sharing this with us and keeping us from forgetting how things work.
S + F!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sign00

But if pain made you who you are... is there any greater form of self-loathing than to eradicate the enviroment that created you? If getting attacked by a grizzly bear made everything that confused you understandable would you deny that to everyone else?

a strange thought.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

But if pain made you who you are... is there any greater form of self-loathing than to eradicate the enviroment that created you? If getting attacked by a grizzly bear made everything that confused you understandable would you deny that to everyone else?

You're talking about experience, I'm talking about deliberately hurting other people because you are hurt. We all get hurt, and it is part of our learning process and development - but it is not our place to actively inflict this upon others. When angry we cannot learn from our experiences as well as otherwise. It is never acceptable to hurt someone else, our lessons don't come from this (we will always be given the lessons we need, but it is God who decides when, where and how).

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Karma is a bad thing. It's rubbish, accumulated rubbish of several lifetimes.

What you ACTUALLY want is no karma, accept no one else's karma, and do good stuff anyway.

Karma is nothing more than trash that needs recycling.

peace

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sign00

I understand what your trying to say, but I kind of wonder, do you live on the same planet as the rest of us angry monkeys? I can understand trying to "increase the peace", but from what your saying, if someone "hurts" me, I'm supposed to "turn the other cheeck" is that what your saying? Is that how Karma is supposed to work? I thought we we supposed to strive to be without hate, but were also supposed to acknowledge that we are born into it and that is the burden each soul must bear.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

if someone "hurts" me, I'm supposed to "turn the other cheeck" is that what your saying?

There's an old Iranian story about a King and his Queen.

One day they hold a banquet and they have guests over, a big lavish dinner party with guests from all over. At some point the King says something that offends the Queen and she slaps the King in front of all the guests.

The King didn't know what to do; he couldn't strike his Queen in front of so many esteemed guests, but he had to do something back - or else he would look weak in front of all of his esteemed guests.

The King turned to his right hand help...and slapped him in the face.

Now, this person that was slapped by the King - he couldn't slap the King back as that would surely mean jail or death. So he turns to hit someone just one rank below him.

This continued until every guest at the dinner was slapped by someone...even the guests and eventually even the help. The last person to be slapped was a lowly cleaning help...he couldn't slap anyone as everyone held a higher social rank than him and pretty much everyone had received a slap.

So what does he do? He slaps a dog, and the dog being a dog - not understanding human social ranks - starts growling. The Queen wants to comfort the dog, but just as she reaches to pet him - he bites her in the same hand she slapped the King with.

Merry. Go. Round.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The thing with karma is;
a lot of people have a preconceived notion about it that was ingrained from media and such. Most never look father into what it means, what chi is, Tao, etc., and how energy flows. From that they feel if they were dumped upon to treat others as such. Same as to do good only to expect good to come to you, is simply being greedy thus going against what karma is.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Nice story, makes sense, get the picture. So, in other words, Karma is as useless as 99.9% of all the other religious parables I've ever come across, because what your telling me is that the dog could have bitten the Queen first and triggered the whole thing off in the opposite direction? I guess I always thought that Karma was something that was supposed to help us achieve a more enlightened spirituality as we grow older, but from what I'm getting here it's more of some kind of immutable spiritual force like the strong and weak forces in physics? in other words it's something that actually exists instead of a religious archtype ?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

because what your telling me is that the dog could have bitten the Queen first and triggered the whole thing off in the opposite direction?

That is completely not what I'm telling you.

For if the dog had bitten the Queen the Queen could have struck back.

It's to do with how we as humans tend to strike out at those in a weaker position than ourselves in a twisted way to redeem ourselves in the eyes of those we deem weaker. And if we can't find a human we'll beat on animals, but if you beat on an animal you should be warned there are no social restrictions on animals ;-)
edit on 14-6-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Well, it is a spiritual law in one sense, but even disregarding spirituality it is still common sense that if you hurt someone else they will take this out on someone. Where and how a chain of abuse began is irrelevant, my point is that as it passes you then you can choose to either continue it, or stop it. You do not need to be spiritual or religious to understand this concept.

Karma could be reduced to a mathematical formula (although in the spiritual sense it is more intelligent):
1 x infinity = infinity
1 x 0 = 0

The chain simply continues until someone stops it, which is to multiply it by 0, by not giving it to anyone else. Otherwise it will continue to infinity, until someone eventually stops it (which will happen eventually.)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sign00
It is a common human reaction, if someone hurts us, to hurt them back. But this is only one link in the chain. They hurt you because they were hurt. You hurt them, or someone else, because you were hurt. This chain, or ripple, continues and will go on forever, affecting everyone in the world. That is, unless one person in the chain stops it dead. All it takes is for one person to not pass it forward. If you don't react when you are hurt, then you will have saved countless people from feeling the same. You will have stopped the chain and saved all those people who were to be hurt after you.

That isn't karma. It is a directive for what we are asked to do anyway as humans to humans. Forgive them.
We do not bring about karma. Karma is cosmos, creation and the universe talking. We do not take a part we only take the punishment and the rewards offered there in, for whatever reason, call it karma if you will.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
There is that saying if a butterfly flaps its wings here it can start a sand storm in the Sahara desert. There is nothing we can do to prevent this effect. The Butterfly Effect.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well, it's time for some shut-eye, but between you and zamini and me, it think I would just surmise it as this, Karma is a way for the Universe to provide us with a never ending stream of "teachable moments"! But I do think as you get older, the concept of "Karma" moves closer and closer to the forefront of your everyday perceptions and that in the end, if you pay close enough attention, it becomes a sort of spiritual sixth sense. As far as the math goes, thanks sign, but in my Universe, infinty and "0" are equal values! in the sense that they are both exactly adjacent as far as one can tell! See ya around the site, and Brightest Blessings!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Ever hear of the concept of paying it forward?

In 1784 Benjamin Franklin wrote the following in a letter he attached to money he was giving to somebody in need:

I do not pretend to give such a Sum; I only lend it to you. When you [...] meet with another honest Man in similar Distress, you must pay me by lending this Sum to him; enjoining him to discharge the Debt by a like operation, when he shall be able, and shall meet with another opportunity. I hope it may thus go thro' many hands, before it meets with a Knave that will stop its Progress. This is a trick of mine for doing a deal of good with a little money.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
But if you don`t react, what would stop the other to hurt many other people? Sometime you don`t act against someone out of revenge, but because you feel you will give him a lesson and make him think twice before hurting people.

If there are no consequences for him, he probably won`t stop...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

if someone "hurts" me, I'm supposed to "turn the other cheeck" is that what your saying?

So what does he do? He slaps a dog, and the dog being a dog - not understanding human social ranks - starts growling. The Queen wants to comfort the dog, but just as she reaches to pet him - he bites her in the same hand she slapped the King with.

Merry. Go. Round.

Silly Queen.... never give with the hand that takes
As for Jesus, I guess he had two matching rosy red cheeks

top topics

join