It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Postal strike hits Toronto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Postal strike hits Toronto

Canada Post’s rotating strikes hit the Toronto area at 11:30 p.m. on Monday, shutting down its biggest sorting facilities.

The Toronto and Scarborough locals — among the largest in the country — walked off the job.

That means the mail plant on Eastern Ave. and the parcel sorting plant will be affected for 24 hours.

Also, the Montreal local walked out.

Clearly, the union is hoping to make an impact by having the largest cities affected. According to the union, the move brings the number of striking workers to more than 15,000.

Canada Post had already announced that there will be no home delivery for mail on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the duration of the strike.

Source
www.thestar.com...

Wow how come this isn't anywhere on the mainstream news? I found out about this from amazon regarding an order.

Canadian postal workers are on strike as of June 03, 2011. The strike will impact the delivery of shipments to Canada (06/13 - 22:55 PDT)

edit on 14-6-2011 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2011 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It's in the mail =/

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

I'm in the US but I heard about this from my dad a few days ago, he's in the maritimes. Hope his father's day card gets to him.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Wow how come this isn't anywhere on the mainstream news? I found out about this from amazon regarding an order.

It's in the Canadian news daily, to let us know which city is getting hit by the rotating strikes. I watch lots of news from both Canada and the States, but I've noticed that the USA doesn't have very much to do with Cdn news, but Canada reports on news all over North America. Which is just silly, because certain things that we do up here, affect some people down there. Too many political distractions going on I guess.

Or maybe the mainstream news in the US, doesn't want US citizens to know much about what's going on in the rest of the world?

Another issue going on is one of our airlines is also out on strike now, and I'm not sure if that's going to affect air mail.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
And now Canada Post has locked out all employees across Canada, WITHOUT NOTICE , and our mail that we were expecting to be delayed by only a day or two, is JUST SITTING SOMEWHERE

They could have, at the very least, cleared the sitting mail, and parcels, now it's the customers getting screwed over.

top topics

join