It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dictionary of dead language complete after 90 years- Akkadiian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

A dictionary of the extinct language of ancient Mesopotamia has been completed after 90 years of work. Assyrian and Babylonian - dialects of the language collectively known as Akkadian - have not been spoken for almost 2,000 years.

the rest of the article can be found at www.bbc.co.uk...

this is some exciting news to be honest, an entire extinct language has been put in a form of a dictionary, imagine the hard work and research put into this. Again the limitations of not having every word have a meaning but it is still quite fascinating.

but the final words of Dr Finkel put a dark cloud over me when he said

What is there going to be in 1,000 years' time for lunatics like me, who like to read ancient inscriptions - what are they ever going to find?" he asks. "They will probably say that there was no writing - it was a dark age, that people had forgotten it, because there may be nothing left."

maybe a past civilization had all their text, etc in virtual format and the many artifacts we have but no clue what it is could be an ancient USB drive.

what would happen to us?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
From last month:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

just a little late.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I sure hope the 90 years of hard work was not done in vain.
What can one do with ancient languages?
I mean they deserve respect, but at this point it's no different than learning Klingon.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I sure hope the 90 years of hard work was not done in vain.
What can one do with ancient languages?
I mean they deserve respect, but at this point it's no different than learning Klingon.

Unless the Klingons come back!

edit on 13/6/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Just in Time.

I thought I would not be able to talk to Marduk when He returns, but now I will have the tools to speak clearly to the Lord of the Earth as he lays waste to the Institutions that have trampled on his Planet.

Just in Time for Disclosure that the Greys and Nordic Nephilim speak in ancient Assyrian dialects.

Just in Time for the return of Nibiru,,,,,

Now to hit the books and learn another "Dead" language.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ZarbeMomin

maybe a past civilization had all their text, etc in virtual format and the many artifacts we have but no clue what it is could be an ancient USB drive.

what would happen to us?

I had asked a similar question a while back and found that there are thousands of books that are not digital, Unless everything is digitized and then the physical material, including inscriptions on buildings and walls, then there will be plenty for them to look at and decipher.

It would take a long time to wipe away the footprint of man, and while it could be buried under forests, sand, and even water, it would not be completely wiped away, just hidden. Archeologists of the future would have a field day, if this ever happened, because there would be so much to find.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
great!...now i can translate my betamax instruction manual
....whey!!

top topics

join