It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakthrough Material Purifies Water While Generating Electricity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by VonDoomen

I have a suspicion Bedlam is a Dis-info Agent i see him on Every Article about Energy trying to dis-credit it by labeling it as "doesn't put out as much energy as you put in."

It's hell when you run up against someone who's got some grounding in physics, ain't it? Bearden used to get hives when he saw me too. Called me a "cur dog" occasionally.

Well of course not but no Power plants do either. So Bedlam is falsely trying to dis-credit them and purposely driving attention away from something that may be more efficient than Coal/Gas.

The difference is that you can go dig up coal and drive wells for gas, right out of the ground. You won't be finding any metallic aluminum lying about in an aluminum mine. You have to put a metric s--t ton of electric power into turning bauxite into aluminum, most of it in the alumina->aluminum steps, which is where this thing operates. It's not a source of power you can go dig up and use like coal. I'm not even sure it's as good a hydrogen storage medium as, say, metal hydrides.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Luckily they were using the byproduct of aluminum production, and not mining specifically to get minerals for this process... They are using scraps your ediots.... Congrats

Second,y this tech is in it's infancy and I'm fairly positive we will see some improvements over time or maybe even better materials to use. Bt sure, go ahead and slam a prototype for not being able to economically compete with 20-30 generation technology that's been improved on over decades...
And third, no one is arguing the physics of thermodynamics except for you dipsticks.
Just b/c you go around and Cawley accuse people of discrediting thermodynamics doesn't equate to you have a grounding in physics. Any 3rd grader can do that.
edit on 7/20/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I've seen bikes from Japan and Phillipines with these small bottle mechanisms on them as well.
Just think, stoves, fridges, furnaces, barbecues.

Hydrogen fuel is a work horse, it has high speed and pulls loads. A friend told me that its used in black operations and due to the small input, large output could be called overunity and this is why they don't really want this out.

How to make A Hydrogen Generator Cell From Household

118 plate MASSIVE hydrogen generator build part1

One thing I'd really like to know is if this pro
Hydro-Bike - hydrogen fuel cell bicycle

fuel-efficient-vehicles.org...
A Hydrogen Generator You Can Build

118 plate MASSIVE hydrogen generator build part1

This one uses alot of stainless steel. Is there a method of either reducing the metal use?

Bob Lazar

Again, in the Bob Lazar one, platinum is used, so it converts the hydrogen faster.

Now Bob goes on to say, that there is a material used in this that is classified as its used in thermal nuclear weapons, though it is not in itself dangerous, but civilians can't purchase it. So he had to build his own particle accelerator. Bob says the cost of operations in Iraq for one day could put this in the hands of EVERYONE.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Awesome contribution! Very interesting applications. However i would be careful about calling them over unity devices. All the energy comes from/is stored in the chemical bonds I believe. So it's not purporting more energy than what is put in considering that matter/energy are two forms of the same thing.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by Bedlam

Luckily they were using the byproduct of aluminum production, and not mining specifically to get minerals for this process... They are using scraps your ediots.... Congrats

Metallic aluminum has a lot of stored energy in it. After it's used, nothing.

Second,y this tech is in it's infancy and I'm fairly positive we will see some improvements over time or maybe even better materials to use.

No amount of improvement will allow you to get more out of it than was put in. Whether it's more efficient than some other form of storage, which it might be, is still up for grabs. But taking electricity, using it (wastefully) to make metallic aluminum, then using the metallic aluminum to generate hydrogen, is likely not to be more efficient than just using the electricity in the first place, or putting it in a battery.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

okay i get it now, your a troll.

as again, for about the 8th time, you've completely missed what I said, and you are arguing all by your lonesome self.

as ive said many times, everyone knows your not getting more energy out of this than what is put in. no power generation process on earth does that.

secondly, as I said, they are not mining specifically to use this stuff. they are using the scraps of this process as a resource. As in, they are using the waste product of a different process.

can we ban this guy now?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join