It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorant......Really?....Do we have to call people ignorant?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What is up with some of the posters calling everybody ignorant?

Ignorant this,....your so ignorant......ignorant that....so on, and so on......

Are you really one or two poster's with 100 accounts?

Do you really feel it is necessary?

Do you feel intellectually higher by calling people this?

Because really, it makes you look ignorant...........

Ignorant.....lol

I feel better now.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Had to do it!!!
2nd line

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I can say I have never called any poster on ATS ignorant.

If I had my choice I would call them stupid, ignorant idiots.

Since I try to be civil I don't say those things.

Without a doubt, the day will come when I will not be able to restrain myself.

I must add that there are only a few that take me to the limit of my civility.

Peace......I hope.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

intellectually higher

I should have said intellectually superior.

I must be ignorant.

But really, who cares?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
ig·no·rant/ˈignərənt/Adjective
1. Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
2. Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy".
dictionary.reference.com...

I think folk use the term ignorant a lot because they feel they can get away with ie T&C. Calling someone ignorant isn't necessarily an insult and probably won't get a post removed in the same way that calling someone an idiot would.

Surely you weren't ignorant of that right?
I jest of course.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I am set in my beliefs and won't be swayed.
Others have called me ignorant,shockingly
ignorant,nutjob among others.Since it doesn't
bother me,bring it on,I really love the challenge.
If they are too busy "picking"on me,they might
be leaving someone else alone.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Some of these people don't know what they're talking about and I'm one of them so I guess I'm riding the ignorant boat too

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If you are being called ignorant on ATS you are either truly ignorant or truly brilliant.
Its what some users call others when they can't come up with a valid argument.

When valid arguments are ignored or cast aside then we can call them ignorant.

edit on 13-6-2011 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

If someone's being ignorant, I don't think it's crazy to call them out for it. Especially on this website... who's mantra is "Deny Ignorance".

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Will Rogers said "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." And Einstein said "Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." Congratulations large percentage of arrogant atsers! You're 'shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods'!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Ignorant.....lol

I feel better now.

If you are ignorant you should be told, I sure as hell would want to know if I didn't fully understand something. Only someone with no chance of becoming less ignorant would wish to remain so.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Next time someone calls you ignorant just politely ask them to prove it. Chances are they will realize their own ignorance at that moment.

Whether you call me ignorant or beautiful, it's just an opinion at the end of the day.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

ATS obviously has users working for the government, like any reputable conspiracy theory forum. It wouldn't be outrageous to suggest one person or a few people working for the government are posting that.

Personally, I think it's not foolish enough to qualify for the "Stubborn Clueless Fool Fallacy." Instead, I think it's simply ATS getting more ignorant as it becomes more mainstream. Of course, the two do not necessarily go hand and hand, but when there is a larger forum, there is a larger amount of issues that people can resonate with. Just because someone believes one conspiracy (often which may not be very viable) does not necessarily mean they have cracked their brainwashing.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

"If I had my choice I would call them stupid, ignorant idiots."

Ignorant is when you don't know something. No one has told you.

Stupid is when someone has explained it you, and you still choose not to give a damn.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Who acting IGNANT?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think it is funny when I run across a poster who says something like..."I wish you people would... (this or that...read something, etc...)"...and gives everyone a general title of ignorance. I have seen it a couple times in the last few weeks and it just cracks me up...basically everyone knows too little to comment on anything...everyones ignorant.

Even better is when a link is provided so a person can go explore just how much they don't know and coupled with the "I wish you people..." statement just makes it all the funnier.

But really I get the more out of just saying I am ignorant myself...saves my feelings from getting hurt when someone else says it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Around here lately any comment I make that isn't called ignorant or arrogant is deleted as off topic. I'm feeling this rant for sure. Although that doesn't mean the shoe doesn't fit.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Ignorant.....lol

I feel better now.

Given its official definition, the problem isn't the word, its the people that use it incorrectly and the people that childishly take offense when it is rightfully used against them.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Good Lord! Political Correctness has come to ATS

Ignorant is a good word to use for someone that doesn't know which direction the Moon comes up on or accept that little comets are going to upset the solar system.

You know what the real problem is? Ignorance is so widespread on ATS that it is taken as acceptable to be that way. A more or less a normal condition, and all of these normally ignorant members feel that they are being disrespected for being ignorant. It makes we want to puke.

My mind starts ringing with a prophetic song from a few decades ago. Pink Floyd or som body singing "Another Brick in the Wall," Chorus: "We don't need no education...."

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez

If someone's being ignorant, I don't think it's crazy to call them out for it. Especially on this website... who's mantra is "Deny Ignorance".

While I do agree and I do stand by facts, I also have my opinions. I do try to state that it is my opinion.

Unlike most here on ATS that act like robots liejunkie is a human. This human has these moments where proclaimed ignorance strikes a nerve that makes me want to smoke a cig and retaliate. I know this isn't good and I am working on it................... I am rambling again....Time to go smoke...lol

I just think people throw the word around too much.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join