It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers Claim Attack On Senate Computers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

"They probably also got user names and passwords," he said.

The group has also hit web sites owned by Sony Corp. It has also claimed responsibility for defacing the Public Broadcasting Service network websites, and for posting on Monday data from PBS servers to protest a "Front Line" documentary about WikiLeaks.

It has also claimed credit for breaking into a Fox.com website and publishing data about contestants for the upcoming Fox TV talent show, "X Factor." Fox is a unit of News Corp.

www.vxec.com...

Looks like its hunting season across the net. The group called Lulz Security im (insert lol emo here)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Enjoy the internet as you know it now.

I have a feeling we will be referring to these days as the golden years soon...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
be worried.

all the hacking that has been going on lately while alot of people are claiming its a good thing

the reality of it that it isnt.

alot of idiots and copycats and the end result is a clamp down on the internet and regulating it.

every day its more bad news and people are not looking at the larger picture.

and that is the us become just like china with its regualtion and censorship of the net

the ultimate form of freedom of speech and expression.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The attack originated from deep within the headquarters of Langley, VA..... Through several impenetrable, untraceable, and secure proxies.

In my opinion, of course.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
be worried.

all the hacking that has been going on lately while alot of people are claiming its a good thing

the reality of it that it isnt.

alot of idiots and copycats and the end result is a clamp down on the internet and regulating it.

every day its more bad news and people are not looking at the larger picture.

and that is the us become just like china with its regualtion and censorship of the net

the ultimate form of freedom of speech and expression.
This is exactly why I believe Anonymous is a CIA operation, like Al Qaeda.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I would hate for that to be the outcome (restricted access to internet), but that is the direction we are heading in if this continues. Sony dropped its internet service for well over a month after anonymous, effecting millions of customers....
what happens when that number becomes billions, and our every move is that much more scrutinized!?!?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
The attack originated from deep within the headquarters of Langley, VA..... Through several impenetrable, untraceable, and secure proxies.

In my opinion, of course.

quick lets call the fbi to track them down...

On a serious side, its getting to a point that i think we should start taking bets as to the next hit.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

most people think that i lean to it myself

but i also lean towards china the largest state funded and sponsor of hacking in the world

running a psyop agianst america what better way to win a war than to control the flow of information or lack of it.

create a boogeyman such as annon or the cia the usual suspects get the blame and you miss the real culprits.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealTruth84
I would hate for that to be the outcome (restricted access to internet), but that is the direction we are heading in if this continues. Sony dropped its internet service for well over a month after anonymous, effecting millions of customers....
what happens when that number becomes billions, and our every move is that much more scrutinized!?!?

Remember what the loving person Mr. Murdoch said regarding the internet...seem's like its all been agreed and its only a matter of not, if or how, but when, i say early to mid 2012. All networks will be connecting to one bad ass server and from there you will be allowed to connect and surf.
edit on 13-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Get ready, eventually a bureaucratic infrastructure very similar to the FCC will be given complete control over the Internet. And it will be things like this that make it possible.

You will have an authenticated internet ID, no ways around it.

You will receive controlled and filtered content, regulated content.

You will have very limited interactive abilities.

Everything you do online will be logged and recorded.

Among many other good things, that will make the internet secure and safe for everyone.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
[Remember what the loving person Mr. Murdoch said regarding the internet...seem's like its all been agreed and its only a matter of not, if or how, but when, i say early to mid 2012. All networks will be connecting to one bad ass server and from there you will be allowed to connect and surf.

Dedicated servers.... I've been asking for those for years!! j/k

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

All that is missing is an atm like card that you would need to insert into a box and your allowed to connect but it will only drive your request to the beast server and from there you can do your www searches and post away. Oh yes like the iphone and apple assured everyone, no we do not track you.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
[Remember what the loving person Mr. Murdoch said regarding the internet...seem's like its all been agreed and its only a matter of not, if or how, but when, i say early to mid 2012. All networks will be connecting to one bad ass server and from there you will be allowed to connect and surf.

Dedicated servers.... I've been asking for those for years!! j/k

now that's funny...

in the words of Daffy Duck while flying over a swamp " i wonder were all the hunters have gone" and boom all hell breaks loose under him...very very funny. Cant seem to find the cartoon anywhere.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

That's really where my train of thought was going, and it's scary to think of! Gov't controlled pron is no fun
It will be cinemax at best

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Im really surprised it wasn't directly blamed on the Anon boogie man. They were blamed for hitting Sony but this group seems to be taking credit for it as Anon said they were not involved.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is interesting enough as already mentioned above by a member

"We don't like the U.S. government very much," Lulz Security said at the top of their release. "This is a small, just-for-kicks release of some internal data from Senate.gov - is this an act of war, gentlemen? Problem?"

The comment refers to reports that the military had decided that it could respond to cyber attacks from foreign countries with traditional military force.

Senate staffers asked about the hack were unaware of it.

"They (Lulz) certainly demonstrated that they were in and they found the file server," said Stewart Baker, a former cyber official at the Department of Homeland Security.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't be too worried about it. What will end up happening if the government regulates it is the same thing that has happened decade after decade when the government regulates something. The people will create their own private internet and find a way to link up. If not a private internet with heavy encryption over radio frequency or even better "antiquated lines" is the perfect staging for an uprising.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Personally, I think the best hackers belong to the civilian side of things still. I hope for the sake of freedom that always remains true. I don't necessarily support what some groups are doing, but I think we're all tired of oppressive governments. Are you listening John Conner?????

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

The very best hackers, and crackers work for the CIA.

The next level down under "best" are all now working for the many companies that sell antivirus/spyware/malware personal info security etc.

In either case, these people are all doing very well for themselves financially.

Everyone else are just wannabes.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

No that is the direction we are heading in anyway.. that is why peeps protest....

<<   2 >>

join