It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who here is watching the CNN Republican Presidential Debate with me?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Every time I hear about a Republican wanting to run for president I feel like they should be ashamed of themselves for trying to advance their political career at the expense of the only candidate (Ron Paul) who could direct some real Republican-ideal change - and change the country needs.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Habit4ming

And it's sweet to see in these after-debate-polls, that Ron Paul is kicking some major butt. In one poll, he's at 92%, another 57%, CNN took one down after he reached (I think) 78%...et cetera...

Were those online polls? His supporters usually flood with responses to get him up there. If he were getting that much support in the real world he would have won in 2008.

The more popular he gets, the more he's going to have to stand by things that are very unpopular among many voters. The media will hit him very hard.

-------------------------------------
Yes, they were online polls...but Ron Paul has definitely grown more popular since the last election. Even online, I've noticed most sites have very very few anti-Paul comments...last time around, I noticed very very few pro-Paul comments.

As far as Ron not winning the 2008 election (and/or this one), I just don't trust DIEBOLD. Electronic voting machines are hackable and it's been proven they've been hacked. Then we have MSM outright lying and pushing who "they" want elected. For instance, CNN today showed a poll with Paul receiving 0% (who won the debate)--why didn't they show their OWN poll, which had Paul at 79%(who won the debate)????

I disagree with your assertion that Paul's message is unpopular among many voters--they just need to thoroughly research him and listen to him answer questions fully---30 seconds is hardly enough time to explain things succinctly, imo... Do I mean voters will agree with everything he espouses? Not hardly. I don't agree with him in every way, but I do agree with him concerning freedom, liberty, following the Constitution...and turning this country back towards freedom and prosperity--before it's too late. He's the only one during last night's debate who addressed the reason why this country is in dire financial straits and what must be done to fix it. And he means it; and he's sincere; and he has morals, ethics and integrity; and he can't be bought!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightATL

First off, you do not have to sell me on Ron Paul, he sells himself and I have been a supporter for several years and this election cycle will be no different.

I was commenting on how Ron Paul will be viewed by the public as well as for myself. The stumbling and stammering as he tries to answer questions is distracting and many will view it as a weakness. As Obama proved in the last election, the people love a person who speaks well...even if all he is doing is reading off a teleprompter. This was an issue for Paul early in his previous campaign, and he got much much better as the election cycle continued. I have no doubts he will improve this time around as well.

As far as Herman Cain and his "successful business" I would argue that Godfathers Pizza is not very successful. It is not on the same playing field as Dominoes or Pizza Hut. I would equate Godfathers Pizza to Little Ceasers Pizza..... they enjoy regional success. In some parts of the country they are successful and in others they are not. We both agree that running a business in some respects is like running a country, however in some respects it is not. When choosing a President should we overlook his weak spots and focus on the strong and hope for the best? It seems to me that hoping for the best is part of the problem because they all fall way way short. When it comes to politics, regional success just will not cut it, what we need is National success and it is my opinion that Herman Cain can not achieve that. He may have some good ideas about the economy, but being President is not about just the economy. Personally I think people will see the weak spots of Herman Cain when it comes time to discuss foreign policy.
edit on 14-6-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I don't know who was more annoying, the politicians or John King going, "um....um....um....um". I think ALL of US politics is a circus to distract us from the NWO. I was going to watch it to pick up on the buzz words the sheeple will be echoing, but I couldn't make it past John King.

We are so far removed from our natural state. That's the way TPTB want it.
edit on 14-6-2011 by gentledissident because: wrong descriptive

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I actually found something from the media (washington times) that actually mentions Ron Paul in last nights debate.

communities.washingtontimes.com...

The winner of the night – who was also the winner of the first Republican debate – was Ron Paul. At least a few times, some of the candidates referenced Dr. Paul in their answers, and sounded their best when they used similar rhetoric as the Congressman from Texas.

Congressman Ron Paul may not have been flashy, but his answers had substance, he never contradicted himself, nor did he say anything that might have scared away an entire demographic of voters. This couldn't be said about Herman Cain who acknowledged that he would be uncomfortable appointing a Muslim to his cabinet for fear that they might be the kind of Muslims that want to kill us.

The article gives some opinion on how the others did as well during the debate.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I hope Ron Paul has some trusted people tending to his food and water , vested interest would wish to see him crash and burn

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I posted a few pages back but I wanted to reiterate; I'm from Australia, our politics suuuuck, but I've never seen more of a dumbed down joke being passed off as politics than this CNN "debate". How was that a debate? That was a glorified group press conference with a time limit, in a debate the competitors actually argue with each other and do not answer screened questions with a 30 second time frame (30 secs for RP, 2 minutes for everyone else).

Any of you who said anything positive about that Michelle Bachmann woman (past or present) is a fool and is the reason your great country is in tatters, LISTEN TO HER, LISTEN TO THE OTHER CANDIDATES, YOU'RE BEING TREATED LIKE CHILDREN, LOOK AT HER BIG HAND GESTURES TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND HER NON ANSWER. No-one except Ron Paul even answered a friggin' question, they just talked PC non-committal bull# while RP was left to carry the torch which is a bit too heavy for him to hold, especially given how long they had to answer questions. At least the other candidates could expand on each others' bull#. Poor guy, I'm from overseas and I'd consider donating to his campaign ffs, wake up america, none of them, least of all Michelle Bachmann will do anything good for your country except for Ron Paul.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Not sure if this had been posted in this thread already, but CNN Reports Ron Paul At 0% While CNN Online Poll Shows Him At 75% - ATS Thread

Edit - And just a few minutes ago, Bill Maher was on CNN, (AC360), and he believed Ron Paul was the one that won the debate.
edit on 14-6-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join