It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who here is watching the CNN Republican Presidential Debate with me?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Herman Cain showed his inexperience last night. I think he's a smart, upstanding guy but he is out of his depth.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So according to the MSM Bachmann won... what a joke. The 6 candidates did nothing but trash Obama, or gilave such a generic answer to appeal to mpre people. Ron Paul is the only one up there that seemed genuine. He still has my vote

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
If everyone watched the CNN Republican Debate, you will notice that everyone did not attack Mitt. Since he has a massive lead in accumulating a war chest, everyone else (except for Tim Pawlenty) was afraid to attack Romney. When Tim Pawlenty had Mitt against the ropes, over health care, the guy back down from a direct assault. It was a weak attempt to connect Romneycare with Obamacare.

Unless something drastically changes, Mitt Romney will become the presidential nominee. Herman Cain, Ron Paul, and Tim Pawlnety will battle for the vice president nomination. I am hoping for Herman Cain.

So what we need is another establishment president paired with a cronie from the federal reserve?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
reply to post by Section31

Herman Cain showed his inexperience last night. I think he's a smart, upstanding guy but he is out of his depth.

Having listened to Herman Cain's radio show for years and knowing he's not pandering to the crowd but actually is sincere I am a supporter - this guy 100% believes in this country and its constitution and has talked about his views for years very consistently.

Yes he was a member of the FED but also I don't think the FED was what it is back then compared to today and he served a relatively short time.

The "bummer" better watch out because Hurricane is headed his way - watch the MSM scramble to try derailing Cain. Best debate would be watching Herman tear apart the "one", Totus is not fast enough on his feet.

The only thing Herman showed was that he's not a professional politician which is a very good thing in my book.

Sure Romney the RINO sounded good, not hard to tell Goofy Gingrich the progressive in hiding was pandering to crowd with pat statements (he almost used the word "progressive" in one of his answers but caught himself) and I'll never forgive Michelle for voting yes on Patriot Act extension - anytime she says she's for constitution I cringe at the lie. Ron Paul does need coaching so he might one day actually get a coherent message out to the greater public without coming off as a crank, no matter how much you gotta love the guy he'll never get a majority.

To me the rest were more or less place holders. Would have been fun to see Palin up there just for the dynamics and her ability to call the moderator on his BS.

My compliments to all on stage for not lowering themselves to the obvious baiting going on from the moderator and hand picked reporter/questioners.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

In all fairness, I don't listen to his radio show. Having a radio show and leading the country are worlds apart, though. I did like how he stood up to John King when he was being taken out of context on his remarks about Muslims in his administration.

All things considered, Ron Paul has been a congressman for 14 years so he knows what goes on there and how to deal with his peers. He has never wavered on his position about the Fed, entitlements, etc., which I believe you'll find to be aligned with the wishes of a majority of Americans, regardless of what 'polls' say.

It's like needing to have your car fixed. Who do you trust to fix it? The guy who has worked at the garage a while and won't sell you an expensive part you don't need, or the guy who talks about the garage and has maybe read a few repair manuals?

Again, I have nothing against Herman Cain, I just think there are better choices in that lineup.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If anyone has a poor memory, such as myself, and missed the debate last night because they were too busy spending 6 hours making the world's greatest Lasagna sauce

Well you get the point... but below is the debates so you can watch it.

I have not watched yet but the first article that came up as I searched for the debate video claims that the big winner's were Mitt Romney and Michelle Bachmann... take that for what you will.

edit to add: I found the final part of the debate. Sorry it is late but it took a while to find

edit on 14-6-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

While I do think that Cain is somewhat genuine, you really think he can lead us out of this sh*tbowl we're in? Doubtful.. RP is the only one I find completely sincere, and while I don't agree with him 100% on all issues, he reallu is the only option (Maybe Gary Johnson). Cain would probably be my 3rd choice

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by j-man
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Is there a correct answer to "Should an illegal 5 year old get help when in a hospital?"

That's a low question, I think he did rather well...

My answer: "yes" lawyers are known to do pro-bono. Why not doctors and nurses? Stiches don't cost 1200.00, unless they are dipped in gold first.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

No, I'm serious. Everyone thought he was finished because his lousy campaigning, but he went out there and did well. How is that trolling?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

While I fully understand RP's appeal its to a limited audience and yes I would also agree that many more would support him if they could actually spend 10 minutes to think about what he's saying - but thats the crux of the matter, most won't look past their nose and will just think RP is a crank which is the way he comes across to many I've talked to who are eh hemm more mainstream.

The garage comment is good except one has to face the fact that last time around we let the McDonald's guy convince us he knew something about cars.

Ummm 14 years in the "system" is not something I'd brag about these days, I do love RP platform I just don't think he's going to appeal to the masses no matter how much it is wished.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

edit on 14-6-2011 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildoracle13

Originally posted by j-man
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Is there a correct answer to "Should an illegal 5 year old get help when in a hospital?"

That's a low question, I think he did rather well...

My answer: "yes" lawyers are known to do pro-bono. Why not doctors and nurses? Stiches don't cost 1200.00, unless they are dipped in gold first.

Anyone who goes to a hospital should be able to receive to help. Period. That is what hospitals are for.

At one point in my life, maybe 15+ years ago, I found myself needing immediate medical attention. I was broke, I did not have much money to my name and I still found the help I needed. It was not thanks to Government. It was not thanks to entitlement programs. It was thanks to one doctor who took matters into his own hands and made it happen. He charged me next to nothing for his services, he found me a surgical center that would take a minimum payment. He set up everything and made it happen. In the end all I had to do was show up, pay very little.

I remember walking away from that situation wondering why there were not more doctors like this man. So some doctors do "pro bono" type of work, sadly they are few and far between.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Last night I got in on about the last 40 minutes of this debate....I really liked what Ron Paul had to say about bringing our troops home now!....

In my opinion...those countries need to take care of themselves....and all the money we are spending now being in the middle east countries....well...we bring our troops home...and save our wonderful young men and women who protect and serve our country....and then the war money that was used over there will be used for our own country...and help to balance our budget....create more jobs etc. for our returning service men and women and/or everyone else in America.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Agreed. Consider that in 14 years, RP has yet to sell out to any special interests or yield to any pressure from his colleagues. He disagreed with some of his stagemates last night and was not ashamed in the least. He is one guy who has never been guilty of trying to appease someone by softening his position. I just wish he were more eloquent in putting his thoughts in terms that everyone can understand.

The problem with his credibility is that most people are still suckling the MSM milk and have yet to awaken. Those of us who frequent this site may not appreciate that most people don't visit sites like this and have no clue what the federal reserve is or how we've been fleeced by them since it was created. That's just one issue that people are ignorant of. My own wife tunes me out the second I start talking about this stuff.

The average idiot voter wants to know what a candidate is going to do about issue X. They don't want to be bothered with things like WHY we're in a pickle. They just vote on soundbites that make them feel good.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I think he has more and more people on board with that position. I am 100% on his side in that regard. It's not called the Department of DEFENSE for nothing. We have to get away from this imperialism and let the world figure out how to fend for themselves. I think we should be available to assist our allies on REQUEST, and only if congress approves. War should be waged only as a defensive action against overt aggression. Not perceived aggression or manufactured threats (terrorism, anyone?).

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You know I like Cain. I like his business sense. I like the way he seems to be a stand up guy. He was part of the FED though. Theres no way I could ever vote for him knowing that.

I used to be a Bachman supporter until she voted for the Patriot Act. She was very easily bought off.

Mitt Romney is such an obvious puppet literally placed right in the middle of that debate that anyone that actually votes for him is a complete retard. He isnt and hasnt been leading any of these polls.

Im from Pennsylvania. Im going to vote for Santorum? LOL. Ive seen his handy work. No thank you.

Pawlenty? I dont know much about the guy but, like the rest, he doesnt bring up real issues like getting this nation out of war (infact from what I remember he wants to remain in all conflicts) or the Federal Reserve.

The fact is Mainstream media thinks you're so stupid that they can tell you Romney is in the lead on every poll they look at while they actively have a poll on their own website with Ron Paul blowing him out of the water (22% to 9% I believe).

If you're not voting for Ron Paul theres something wrong with you. Liberty and Freedom or Slavery and Tyrany. Thats the only choice I see here.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

Ummm 14 years in the "system" is not something I'd brag about these days, I do love RP platform I just don't think he's going to appeal to the masses no matter how much it is wished.

It is if you have a voting record like Ronnie's
2nd
3rd
4th

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I just finished watching the debates....

Herman Cain: I do not like him at all. He comes off to me as very naive to me. Seems like he has a good business sense, but running a country is not like running a business. Sure some aspects may be similar but they are two different ball games. Besides that, has anyone here ever eaten a Godfather's Pizza? If a person should be judged by what they produce... well that pizza is disgusting at best. Just sayin'...lol

Mitt Romney: He sure does look polished doesn't he? He also reminds me of a used car salesman on the Soprano's. He is selling, he is selling well, I am not buying. If you enjoy your Politicians saying one thing then doing another and lying through their teeth.. well this is the guy for you.

Michelle Bachmann: She came off well, much better than I had expected. I think another poster however said it best, when it came to the Patriot Act she sure was bought off quick. For all her talk of individual liberties, State's rights, and the Constitution she has been a big disappointment. It is one thing to talk about it and have an idea about it, it is another to put it into practice and support it.

Ron Paul: I am disappointed in Paul from this debate. First off, he does not come off as polished as other candidates and that will cost him. His message has been consistent but all the stammering and stumbling over his words is distracting and makes him come off as a bit of a fool. It took some effort for me to really listen to what he was saying and in many ways he blended into the background during this debate.

Other candidates: No one else stood out to me, and if I was not a Ron Paul supporter, he would have fallen into this same general category.

Now I did not break out the stop watch and see who had the most air time, but Ron Paul clearly was not at the top of this list. During the 2008 elections, Paul started pretty slow out of the gate and I get a feeling the same is holding true this election year as well. Ron Paul did have a real break out debate until he actually received more time to speak and I would not be surprised if we see that again.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Ron Paul: I am disappointed in Paul from this debate. First off, he does not come off as polished as other candidates and that will cost him. His message has been consistent but all the stammering and stumbling over his words is distracting and makes him come off as a bit of a fool. It took some effort for me to really listen to what he was saying and in many ways he blended into the background during this debate.

If you're speaking for how you think the American people viewed him, that's one thing. But if you're speaking for yourself, then it's your loss.

Judge a message not by its presentation but by its content. Ron Paul presented ANSWERS last night, not playing politics. He never caves to catering a party. He knows what'll work, and he'll do what he thinks is best. I don't agree with everything he believes and says, but atleast he has real answers to some SERIOUS problems. Everyone else dances around the issue and tells the audiance about how they served at Washington, or how many kids they raised, or how they appreciate some random voter having served in the military. GET ON WITH IT!

I liked Herman Cain a lot too. He wasn't as polished either, but the guy came off as genuine and a non-politician. He may be lacking in experience, but running a successful business IS like running a country in some respects. You surround yourself with the right talent in your cabinet and make sound financial decisions that are based on your budget. What I NEED to see before I'd vote for him is his views on things that aren't monetary in nature. I heard him emphasize states rights on the gay-marriage issue, that's a good start to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yea and you think Herman Cain is great, he was merely a member of the FED (vs. FACT, he was CHAIRMAN). You believe he was only apart of the FED when it wasn't corrupt. Who the hell is going to take your opinion seriously now?

Herman Cain was Chairman of the Kansas Federal Reserve Bank and doesn't openly support his own decision, backing up his righteousness, that only means one thing. Guilty.

Everybody that cares about this nation and has been scammed out of their votes and are tired of the same republicrats should know that it is either Ron Paul or establishment. Given the current run of candidates, there is no other choice. He can win the GOP nomination if he wins in the Iowa straw poll.

In 2008 Ron Paul couldn't get any attention from the media blackouts and he was only running to get people interested in the liberty movement, this time he is actually running to win and the media finds it harder and harder to corrupt his image.

lol...Herman Cain....

Originally posted by Phoenix
reply to post by AwakeinNM

While I fully understand RP's appeal its to a limited audience and yes I would also agree that many more would support him if they could actually spend 10 minutes to think about what he's saying - but thats the crux of the matter, most won't look past their nose and will just think RP is a crank which is the way he comes across to many I've talked to who are eh hemm more mainstream.

The garage comment is good except one has to face the fact that last time around we let the McDonald's guy convince us he knew something about cars.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join