Cop Who Executed Oscar Grant Set Free at 12:01 This Morning After Serving 11 Months

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I was there the day that this happened. My husband and I were on a train with my daughter to go visit family. We were stopped in the station and all of the sudden we heard arguing and fighting. Our car was totally full, and we sat there watching people get out of their seats and start looking out of the _ There was yelling from a few, and then came gun shots. It was very unsettling. My husband and I only heard the shots and the commotion, and the protests of the people in the station. A few people were screaming. I will never forget that day and I'm not at all shocked that they let this pig out early. I will never move back to the city again either.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
Just 11 months? Heh, I bet if you killed a dog you'd get way less than 11 mo--....wait...

If you shoot your wall to the side of the punk beating you your wife and daughters in Florida you get 20 years if you haven't got a badge

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by jude11

Nice sensationalism and fear mongering you have going on. The shooting was accidental, not intentional and the guy was not executed as you claim.

Nice try though.

Nope. That's bull. I lived out there, and the cops there play fast and loose with the laws. If this pig didn't know the difference between a taser and a gun, he should have been employed at a mc donalds. I don't believe his tall tale, not for a second. He had the person in custody, his hands were cuffed behind his back and he was not fighting back at all.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Thunder heart woman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
This is a very hard one for me to make a decision on, with the whole "thought my gun was a tazer".. I don't buy that really since a tazer (very light) and a gun (heavier) should be noticeable. I don't know, but I am sure having 100 ghetto turds screaming in the background didn't help set the mood and tensions either. This seems like one of those cases where we will never know the true intentions of the officer. Just not enough there to make a determination.

Deebo

I was there when this happened and I didn't see any "ghetto turds", and I definitely am not a ghetto turd. I seriously cannot believe you posted that. We're talking about human beings here. The part of the station was basically cleared out before Oscar Grant was shot, and the only crowd of people were on the trains. There were a few on the other side on another platform that started screaming out of fear. Jeez.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

but I am sure having 100 ghetto turds screaming in the background didn't help set the mood and tensions either.

And what makes them ghetto?

He thinks they are ghetto because it's in Oakland and he saw black people in the video. Nice eh? Little does that person know that there's a vast majority of races living in Oakland. The ignorance on this thread is astounding.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

20 years for missing? Damn that's harsh.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I didn't want to react the same way some have, automatically condemning the officer for his actions, without first getting all of the facts. The first thing I did was watch the video, and something did seem "off" about it. To me it did not look like he had the plan in his mind to murder this guy. Then I read the defense, which automatically seemed plausible to me, because I understand how the military trains, and assume it is similar for law enforcement. You are trained to react, plain and simple, and if one weren't trained that way, many of the officers or military persons would be killed in action.

While I agree he should have served more time, because he did make a costly mistake, I do not condemn him as a voluntary murderer, set out with some agenda to disrupt and punish the public as some are making out. The coming police state and police brutality have nothing to do with this case in particular, and one should not fail to realize that.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Cop kills man = 11 months. Man kills man or cop = lifetime imprisonment

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thov420
reply to post by sonnny1

It very well could be an accident. I'm not advocating this cop get the chair or anything, but I think any police officer who commits a crime should get at least double what a regular citizen gets. They are the enforcers of the law and they need to know they are not above it.

I totally agree. Those in power need to held to a HIGHER Standard.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by sonnny1

Only deal hear is it never should have gotten to the lethal point. Too fast...

CJ

I agree with this also, LEO's need to be trained better. I personally believe this is out of control,and is happening daily.

The National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project
edit on 14-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

but I am sure having 100 ghetto turds screaming in the background didn't help set the mood and tensions either.

And what makes them ghetto?

He thinks they are ghetto because it's in Oakland and he saw black people in the video. Nice eh? Little does that person know that there's a vast majority of races living in Oakland. The ignorance on this thread is astounding.

"He thinks they are ghetto because it's in Oakland and he saw black people in the video."

Couldn't agree more.

Why would anyone resist cops now a days anyway?
Crazy.

I guess things really do happen for a reason...
It was an accident after all...

That cop can come up here to Washington for work, he should fit in real good here...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
sooooooooo are the people of the city going to do anything about this? protests? rallies? anything? hummmm probably not.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Originally posted by Throwback
Just 11 months? Heh, I bet if you killed a dog you'd get way less than 11 mo--....wait...

If you shoot your wall to the side of the punk beating you your wife and daughters in Florida you get 20 years if you haven't got a badge

Funny how so many Americans have this blind faith in their so called justice system, when you get 2 years in prison for killing an unarmed man, and 20 years for defending your family in your own home while hurting noone. How is that justice? How is that fair?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by jude11

Nice sensationalism and fear mongering you have going on. The shooting was accidental, not intentional and the guy was not executed as you claim.

Nice try though.

Mehserle claims he mistook his gun for his Taser when he fired a shot at Grant

What a load of crap, so you want this idiot cop to patrol the streets again?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So a Murderer doesn't even spend a year in Prison, and is given a gun against and a badge to go and commit more murders?

WOW, I saw many of such incidents in US, but I was one of those who thought the COPS weren't above the law.

What shocks me the most is the complete passive stance of the huge majority of Americans.

The cops don't run the show, you do, your money is used to pay for them, stand up for yourselves. People should be allowed to arrest cops, if cops act out of order.

The other cops who stood and just watched should have also been charged, also should have been charged for hiding the crime, as you can see they were trying to block the way of the cameras.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join