Cop Who Executed Oscar Grant Set Free at 12:01 This Morning After Serving 11 Months

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Pay attention because what he was trying to tell you is any suspect class in corrections can request to be removed from general population if the person can be targeted for a specific reason.

IE former police officer, information, jail houise snitch, homosexual, gang member, witness, et cetc etc etc.

Its not something that just this former officer received. Trying to ignore the fact its open to anyone does not mean the officer is received special treatment. As a matter of fact he is not, he is being allowed to use the same system that is present for all other inmates.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The crime one commits and the crime one is charged with or pleads to are often two different things. Many times there are plea bargains and convictions on lesser charges, this is exactly what happened here.
The manslaughter charge was for the benefit of the state and it's agent, convicting him of murder would set a dangerous precedent and open a floodgate of litigation. An acquittal would have resulted in the kind of riots that followed the Rodney King verdict, this was political and not based on the rule of law.
If you are caught speeding by the state police the local court allows you to plead to a lesser charge, I have tried to plead guilty to avoid court and been talked out of it by the court clerk on many occasions. Her argument is it will cost me more money and my insurance rates will go up, in truth pleading guilty results in my fine being paid to the state. If I plead down, which is almost always the case, the money goes to the local county or township.
In this case I am encouraged by the courts to plead to something I am not guilty of to avoid conviction for a crime I am actually guilty of. None of this is done for my benefit.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
reply to post by Xcathdra

The crime one commits and the crime one is charged with or pleads to are often two different things. Many times there are plea bargains and convictions on lesser charges, this is exactly what happened here.
The manslaughter charge was for the benefit of the state and it's agent, convicting him of murder would set a dangerous precedent and open a floodgate of litigation. An acquittal would have resulted in the kind of riots that followed the Rodney King verdict, this was political and not based on the rule of law.
If you are caught speeding by the state police the local court allows you to plead to a lesser charge, I have tried to plead guilty to avoid court and been talked out of it by the court clerk on many occasions. Her argument is it will cost me more money and my insurance rates will go up, in truth pleading guilty results in my fine being paid to the state. If I plead down, which is almost always the case, the money goes to the local county or township.
In this case I am encouraged by the courts to plead to something I am not guilty of to avoid conviction for a crime I am actually guilty of. None of this is done for my benefit.

WOW!

Damned if you do and Damned if you don't...that's messed up!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Pay attention because what he was trying to tell you is any suspect class in corrections can [color=5EFB6E]request to be removed from general population if the person can be targeted for a specific reason.

IE former police officer, information, jail houise snitch, homosexual, gang member, witness, et cetc etc etc.

Its not something that just this former officer received. Trying to ignore the fact its open to anyone does not mean the officer is received special treatment. As a matter of fact he is not, he is being allowed to use the same system that is present for all other inmates.
[color=5EFB6E]Key word = 'request'

'Requesting to be removed', is not the same as never going there in the first place.

edit on 6/16/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

You are the one not paying attention.

Protective custody is open to all inmates who can demonstrate an immediate threat to their safety from other inmates. There are many threats that would warrant an inmate being moved to protective custody or being placed there automatically. If an inmate demonstrates this immediate threat and is not placed in protective custody and then subsequently killed, the corrections system is liable for its negligence, which could constitute a civil rights violation and will be sued and investigated by the DOJ.

An inmate who is a former police officer with a case that has this much publicity is a clear candidate for protective custody.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

Thank you very much Captain Obvious.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Btw that photo of the cop holding his tazer has been released. PINAC has it and some interesting tidbits. Like how the photo was saved from the "evidence collecting" by Oscar sending it to his girlfriend saying that he was being abused by this guy.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Btw that photo of the cop holding his tazer has been released. PINAC has it and some interesting tidbits. Like how the photo was saved from the "evidence collecting" by Oscar sending it to his girlfriend saying that he was being abused by this guy.

Well, this about sums it up IMO. Thanks!

The above photo, which appears to show Mehserle holding a Taser gun in his right hand, was used as evidence against him during his trial.

www.pixiq.com...
It was used by prosecution to show two things: 1. that he [Mehserle] knew his Taser from his gun, that he had actually taken out his Taser twice, that he knew full well between the two weapons. 2. That Oscar was being abused and was concerned about it.

And then:

"If there is any lesson we learned from this story, it’s that we shall never leave home without a camera."

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Somebody get me that cop's number and I swear that I will call him and shout at him for what he did!!!

POLICE ARE CORRUPTED. So corrupted you can't even comprehend how much it is.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Everything you believe is a lie.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'll bet after the first guy got shot the rest of the garbage the cops where cleaning up, didn't resist while being arrested.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

What?

He didn't put enough bullets into the guy? He didn't curb-stomp him?

What more did you want the cop do? Rape the guy?

What makes Oscar Grant a "thug" anyway? His skin color?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Ah, the tired race card comes out.................convicted gang banger=thug, but you go where you want with it. Funny, this is exactly the response I expect..you always see these thugs families on t.v. crying about what a good boy they were, blah, blah, blah.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by boondock-saint
2 things I foresee happening

1) More riots

2) An ex-cop leaving town

You forgot...

3) Vigilante justice is a very real possibility here.

Let's hope so, by the way I noticed an earlier poster referring to the onlookers as ghetto turds, what does that phrase mean, thanks.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Having known about Oscar Grant and how sad it was to watch what happened to him...I decided, after reading some things that I wanted to add some more to the fire. I don't know if you guys know it, but his best friend, who was there when we was shot and killed, was also shot and killed in a "RANDOM" act of violence while he was at a gas station. He had recently filed a federal lawsuit against officers for being mistreated during the time Oscar Grant was shot. Here is a few links:
www.ktvu.com...
sfbayview.com...

After reading some other coincidental deaths of other people who have filed federal lawsuits I've come to the conclusion that these people are being assassinated by the same people who we think will protect us. Here are a couple other examples. I got these names from the 2nd link I provided, but dug a little deeper.

Marcus Law...www.indybay.org...
Tyrelle Taylor...I dont know whether this was a assassination attempt or just a kid that went bad. It does seem to be a coincidence that he too filed a federal lawsuit after a 2002 attack by police officers then three years later, just like his friend Marcus Law, was shot multiple times while running away.
poormagazine.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join