It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Who Executed Oscar Grant Set Free at 12:01 This Morning After Serving 11 Months

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
For those of you not familiar with the incident, a police officer who executed a man in front of witnesses was just released after serving only 11 Months in prison.

The Victim: Oscar Grant.

The Killer: Johannes Mehserle

Oscar Grant was gunned down at point blank range on an Oakland train platform on New Year’s Day 2009.

Today: The killer (Johannes Mehserle) has been set free. He was released at 12:01 this morning.

How are we supposed to have any respect for Law Enforcement with the increase in Police Brutality, Un-Warranted Killings of Civilians and now the release of a killer with a badge?

They are above the law and at 12:01 this morning, it was made clear.

The Original News Report:

Raw video footage:

The Riots:

The Protests were declared illegal:

The Release of a Killer in Uniform...11 Months Later:
www.activistpost.com...

Mehserle claims he mistook his gun for his Taser when he fired a shot at Grant, who lay facedown at the train station. Hundreds of protesters rallied against Mehserle’s sentencing of only two years back in July. Around 200 marchers gathered peacefully on Sunday night to show their dismay over the officer’s release. Mehserle served only 11 months of his two year sentence.

The New Protests have begun:

rt.com...

Bay Area Rapid Transit Police Officer Johannes Mehserle was sentenced in July 2010 for involuntary manslaughter after fatally shooting 22-year-old Oscar Grant on an Oakland train platform on New Year’s Day 2009. At 12:01 Monday morning, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said he was freed.

www.infowars.com...

According to the Associated Press, Daryl Johnson, Grant’s uncle, said at Sunday’s protest, “A crime was committed, but it wasn’t paid for. This needs to stop and the only way it’s going to stop is if we stand together.”

edit on 13-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is what happens when a police officer is conditioned to use a taser and forgets that the taser is actually a .45

He better no be caught alone riding the B.A.R.T.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If this guy has any common sense left he would never go back to the bay area. There are thousands within the community that are fed up with the hypocrisy and abuse by law enforcement. I'd hate to be a cop when the tipping point is reached. There's going to be an outrage in violence against police if these kinds of shenanigans continue. Oakland is not a community to mess with.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
just a slap on the wrist if you had a badge...any normal citizen would be behind bars for 10 times longer...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
2 things I foresee happening

1) More riots

2) An ex-cop leaving town

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is a very hard one for me to make a decision on, with the whole "thought my gun was a tazer".. I don't buy that really since a tazer (very light) and a gun (heavier) should be noticeable. I don't know, but I am sure having 100 ghetto turds screaming in the background didn't help set the mood and tensions either. This seems like one of those cases where we will never know the true intentions of the officer. Just not enough there to make a determination.

Deebo

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Sadly as the using get more and more like Nazi Germany we'll see more and more cops becoming like the Gestapo

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
11 freakin months?? That is it?? 11 months for shooting a handcuffed, unarmed man in the back of the head?

If that is all the prison time one can get for such actions, this cop better hope no one gets the kind of ideas I have running through my head. It would be a real shame if he found himself on the receiving end of the same treatment he gave others... yup.. a real shame. It would be 11 Months worth doing, and you know every other inmate would treat you like royalty while you were in prison.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
2 things I foresee happening

1) More riots

2) An ex-cop leaving town

You forgot...

3) Vigilante justice is a very real possibility here.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to

Man, someone actually lost his life in this incident. This is another example of how police need more training in how to diffuse a situation.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Let's not forget about his accomplices, the men and woman who held the crowd back so he had the time to kill the kid. Once it happened instead of seizing his weapon and arresting him for murder they arrest members of the crowd for expressing outrage.
I honestly can't comprehend how these idiots think they're going to get away with this in the long term, all it would have taken is one gang banger with a piece to start shooting and that entire platform would be painted red.
What the police are doing ACROSS THIS ENTIRE NATION is wrong, these men and women who live among us are selling their souls and being brainwashed into believing they are doing the right thing. It has gotten so bad that in most cases they themselves create the violence and chaos that results in arrests, they push until someone pushes back, and it's all caught on tape.
Put the badge on the ground and walk away.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I cannot believe there are only three flags on this thread. I ever a thread needed flags, it is this one. How can anyone NOT be outraged by this injustice?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/959a8d5188fa.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 6-13-2011 by groingrinder because: Edited to provide appropriate graphics.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So in the heat of the moment one more thug dies? Ah well, at least someones life won't be ruined by him or his actions. I agree the cop should have done alot more time, but I just don't feel bad for the guy killed.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
So in the heat of the moment one more thug dies? Ah well, at least someones life won't be ruined by him or his actions. I agree the cop should have done alot more time, but I just don't feel bad for the guy killed.

Just wondering what makes you say he was a thug?

Even if he was, he was sitting, then attacked, then held down, then shot in the back of his head.

And that's ok?

You are officially the first person I have heard to utter that statement.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I cannot believe there are only three flags on this thread. I ever a thread needed flags, it is this one. How can anyone NOT be outraged by this injustice?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/959a8d5188fa.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 6-13-2011 by groingrinder because: Edited to provide appropriate graphics.

I guess it's working. People are getting de-sensitized and complacent. Release a Killer Cop and it's all good I guess.

They win.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I remember when this happened and it's morally reprehensible and socially irresponsible for this murderer to be released after only 11 months when the same crime committed by a regular citizen would usually call for life in prison or the death penalty. This sets a horrible precedent and should make everyone not only sick to their stomach, but rally together and protest with a voice so loud it deafens the system into change.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
So by this reckoning If I'd like to kill people and not spend the rest of my life in jail...

I must become a LEO.

Since then I will be the law.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
TBH, I almost feel like we are being setup for a coming conflict with police...

I feel they are trying to frenzy us enough to attack police on sight so then they can in turn become even more brutal.

I mean I'd love for some vigilante justice, but I almost feel like TPTB are trying to invoke this.

be wary.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
I remember when this happened and it's morally reprehensible and socially irresponsible for this murderer to be released after only 11 months when the same crime committed by a regular citizen would usually call for life in prison or the death penalty. This sets a horrible precedent and should make everyone not only sick to their stomach, but rally together and protest with a voice so loud it deafens the system into change.

Well since it's been less than 24 hrs, I have a feeling it's not even close to being over. The family members have already started the protests.

edit on 13-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Cry me a river, it all started over a fight, he was resisting, funny, the stuff the thug does is never mentioned, just the outcome. The crowd stirred it up as well, and what paragons of virtue they were as well, one more dead noit being supported by State U. I agree, the cop should have done more time, I have no use for them either, however, for every thug life taken one more persons life won't be affected criminally.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join