posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Take a swim in a florida swamp..

Im sure you'll see how high we are up on the food chain there

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

This is amazing. It is not uncommon for animals rescued by people to take them on as their own, imprinting so to speak...a crocodile though, wow...how fricken' sweet. There is no doubt one day this man will be eviscerated and stored under a log until he is soft enough to rip to shreds.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Maybe it's the gunshot wound that tamed the croc....

....Worked on people, should work on crocs too!

I mean seriously, we all have heard of mean people, then they encounter terrible misfortunes such as dreaded illnesses or financial ruin, then they change and become a lot better person as a result.
edit on 14-6-2011 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Nice post...

we have got crocs walking our streets and they are considered dangerous.

They are not as well fed as this one so understandable.

tourism here is thriving on small, 1meter crocs. They sell peserved for 3K.

disgusts me.

one can buy a croc burger for 12bucks...'''

sad world, sad humans...

shake of head....

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by ofhumandescent

higher up the food chain?......... really bro?

Nothings higher up the food chain than us.

the sea crocodile will chase you and hunt you for your flesh only. if you meet one in the sea, well you don't stand a chance of survival; so i'd say that's make the sea crocodile higher in the food chain, doesn't it ?

[in fact sea crocodile is the only animal that will hunt you: shark will at worst taste you but they don't like your flesh so they'll spit you out; bears, big cats may attack you but by fear of you, to defend their territory, they're not found of your flesh either]

I'm pretty sure we're higher on the food chain, as we have weapons, and the ability to plan.

Now... if you're in the wild, without any kind of weapon, or ability to plan, well you know..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Yes I do. But you don't have to to know that. Go to a zoo, and look and see what's in the cages.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What a refreshing and fantastic story, after all these countless doom and gloom threads. Never thought that crocs would want to bond with man

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Gators are common place here in the southern US. With no natural predators in the swamps and bayous, humans are allowed to hunt them to keep their population under control, but only under certain restrictions. Their heads and feet are sold for novelties, and their skin for leather good. The meat in the tail is sold to local resturaunts for specialty dishes, and I must say, is quite delicious. Tastes like sweet chicken.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Chuck Norris wishes he had the fortitude to do what this man does. Screw Chuck Norris

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
he will probably die soon, but i've always wanted to be besties with a wild animal like a lion or a tiger.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Absolutely amazing how animals can feel connections to humans.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
A few months from now we'll all read how Chito was eaten by a 17-foot long croc and that the croc "forgot" his tamed ways and went back to his old primal self.

Such an idiot who tries and tames a croc whose natural instincts are to kill. He's not going to take out a million years of that evolutionary characteristic because it is ingrained. Someday, somewhere, that croc will be overcome by it and his owner, who is actually the pet of the croc, will die.

And everyone in his village will say, "I told him to not try and be friends with that croc." And they're right. Go out and buy a dog for crying out loud!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I wish both croc and man well. I think certain kinds of wild animals should never be kept by individuals, just think of Charla Nash who was horrifically maimed by her boss's pet chimp. If they can't live in the wild for some reason, they belong in a preserve where they are less likely to come to harm themselves or bring it upon their owners or visitors to the house. I wonder if this guy has thought ahead to what would happen if he were to die of something like a heart attack. That would cause problems for the croc and whoever has to enter the house to take care of the situation. I hope he makes suitable arrangements for the croc while he is able.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well in human relationships, you might have a moment where you act impulsively and without thinking creating at worst an argument.

Snap judgment by a croc....and snap.

If I were him I wouldn't do public shows...I think that is pushing it a bit.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I believe it, had many pets for reptiles, and have no problems with handling animals. If you handle them correctly they will bond and you won't have to worry about becoming their snack (unless you seriously piss them off and are too unaware to diffuse such a situation before it becomes a problem). Reptiles aren't as stupid as people think they are, turtles/tortoises for example are extremely long lived and smart.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Yes and you will notice how thick the plexiglass is on front of the cages. And you won't see a zookeeper walking a lion on a leash. And most of the animals in zoos nowadays were bred in captivity and have never seen teh wild.
edit on 14-6-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
As for the croc, I wonder if the bullet did damage to its brain, rewiring or screwing up its instincts.
Crocs aren't cuddly by nature, they are dinosaurs in a sense. They lay their eggs and move on. So for a croc to be affectionat is way out of its normal range of behavior.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well there are other cases with reptiles. Although I think most would feel safer with a python rather than a croc. For a python to kill ya it's slower at least...gives him more time to think things over.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I found this last night and thought it'd make a brilliant thread, so you've saved me the hassle! Haha.

This is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in a long while. The pictures of them 'playing' made me happy, and the story behind it, of him saving the poor thing just shows that we can actually live alongside large reptiles. It's a nice change from the stories of them being hunted because they hurt a human.

Plus, I love reptiles anyway, and have always been fascinated with crocs and gators, so this tugged on my heartstrings a bit.

Hopefully, this will all work out well and won't be a disaster story. Because up til now, it's one of the most brilliant things I've ever seen.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join