It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man's Best Friend...A 17ft Long Pet Crocodile

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Lovely story, look at the giant monster croc. Who knew man could harm such a monster croc. Yet, this monster croc has shown itself to have a soft heart. This croc is only trying to survive nature by preying on cattle because man has approach on its shrinking territory. This is a thread to show you that a monster croc has a soft heart too. Croc are endanger by man.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/873cf1787833.jpg[/atsimg]

Rather than trying to tame wild stallions, fearless Costa Rican fisherman Chito prefers a playful wrestle in the water with his best pal Pocho - a deadly 17ft crocodile. …… Chito made friends with the croc after finding him with a gunshot wound on the banks of the Central American state's Parismina river 20 years ago. He had been shot in the left eye by a cattle farmer and was close to death. ……"When I found Pocho in the river he was dying, so I brought him into my house. "He was very skinny, weighing only around 150 lb. I gave him chicken and fish and medicine for six months to help him recover. "I stayed by Pocho's side while he was ill, sleeping next to him at night. I just wanted him to feel that somebody loved him, that not all humans are bad.….. It took years before Chito felt that Pocho had bonded with him enough to get closer to the animal. He says: "After a decade I started to work with him. At first it was slow, slow. I played with him a bit, slowly doing more. "Then I found out that when I called his name he would come over to me." At one point during his recovery, Chito left the croc in a lake near his house. But as he turned to walk away, to his amazement Pocho got out of the water and began to follow him home.

For full story @ rense.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74e1d7b00cdc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3beda0fa4068.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f857d1a3102.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 13-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.
edit on Mon Jun 13 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Jun 13 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: reduced the number of images: all were posted from article

edit on Mon Jun 13 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I guess we will see chavs with Crocodiles at hand
you know they like the vicious types!

On the other hand nice pics, looks fun but if I was there Id probably been in tummy by now

It is always nice to see how humans that have cause so much damage to animals wild life
are being together with them.
SNF
edit on 13-6-2011 by foreshadower99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

That is the Chuck Norris of crocodiles...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Nice post but y this in Fragile Earth.. and what r ur thoughts on it.....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

I thought that crocs are endanger too just like honey bees

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Wow thats pretty amazing, it'll be a bad bad day for anyone that tries to break into this guys house, the guy has a living battleship as a pet.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
what can you say, reptiles arent nessessarily hopeless cases when it comes to friendship.
makes me all warm inside

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
O.o wow. I always thought of crocodiles as being small brained, killing machines that swam around cleaning up rivers. Looks like even a reptile brain can be domesticated. Maybe there is hope for the reptilian NWO overlords after all.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
wow..just wow..i know one day his life may be ended by his friend but i think it shows some type of....inteligence.... that we are not aware of....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thats pretty unusual got a video for that ? I've seen people train wild ground hogs before but who would have thought you could train an alligator.
edit on 13-6-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

While this is a heart warming story and the pictures are simply awsome, I will make a prediction.

Costa Rican fisherman Chito will eventually end up either losing a limb or worse from his "friend."

The crock cannot help being a crock, he is what he is.

Crocodiles are higher up on the food chain than we are and they are a wild animal.

I am normally an animal advocate. I do not endorse the hurting of any being, human or animal.

But, Chito sadly I am sure will ultimately pay for putting his trust in an animal that is misplaced because again, crocs are man eaters.

Beautiful pictures, and I really hope they remain friends forever and I am wrong.

Maybe this one croc has bonded enough with this guy, but some animals cannot help being what they are.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

This video will link to several more.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I hate to ruin a sentimental story, but this crocodile is only 'tame' because it's probably the most well-fed croc in the world.

The day this man forgets to give 'Poncho' his morning chicken... will be his last.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is truly awe-inspiring but its only a matter of when the croc will follow its instincts, I really hope not cause this is just amazing, but if gay magicians from Vegas taught us anything, large wild animals regardless of years spent training are still, in fact, wild animals.

by the by, has anyone stated the obvious? Chuck Norris should take Man Lessons from this guy;

Thanks for sharing

Mac
edit on 14-6-2011 by mac420 because: i iz not so good wif gramar

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

higher up the food chain?......... really bro?

Nothings higher up the food chain than us.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AusiAnarchist

or even the most cold hearted badass of mother natures past has the intelegence to recognize kindness when it its self was at its weakest he didnt come to kill but to feed and take care of and regardless of brainsize most creatures will respect that bet when that dudes 60 no punk kids will be messing with his lawn

en.wikipedia.org... acording to the wiki it says the record for salt water crocks is something like 20 feet.....so this freshwater bad boy must be ancient........long live the crock

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I suggest you jump in a river infested with crocodiles or a ocean with sharks or meet up with a grizzly bear or go jogging and meet up with a cougar.

You my friend have much to learn..................sorry, humanity is far from the top of the food chain.

Do you read much?
edit on 14-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Amazing video. but i to think like every animal, it will turn on him some day.
there is a separation for a reason.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by ofhumandescent

higher up the food chain?......... really bro?

Nothings higher up the food chain than us.

the sea crocodile will chase you and hunt you for your flesh only. if you meet one in the sea, well you don't stand a chance of survival; so i'd say that's make the sea crocodile higher in the food chain, doesn't it ?

[in fact sea crocodile is the only animal that will hunt you: shark will at worst taste you but they don't like your flesh so they'll spit you out; bears, big cats may attack you but by fear of you, to defend their territory, they're not found of your flesh either]

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I know we have all heard cases of wild animal pets injuring or killing their owners, and while this could very well still happen here, I think this is a unique situation, brought on by a bond that is not shared between the majority of wild animal owners. Plus, this guy was extremely careful in befriending this animal, which leads me to believe that he may be able to sense if the animal turns dangerous, which I personally do not think he will.

Usually large animals only attack humans if they are hungry, or to protect themselves, although I am sure there have been cases to the contrary, so odds are that all he has to do is not forget to feed him!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join