It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father of alleged Israeli spy in Egypt says son entered country legally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

www.haaretz.com

Ilan Grapel, a young American-Israeli law student, was arrested by Egyptian authorities, who allege that he is a Mossad spy sent to Egypt to 'encourage protesters' and 'spread chaos.'
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 13-6-2011 by BiGGz because: link

edit on 13-6-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: BAN Instructions: Copy The EXACT Headline
edit on 6/13/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
(link won't work)
LINK
More light on this situation.

It seems to me that Israel and the United States were responsible for the chaos that ensued Egypt, which they blamed on Mubarak for being to 'oppressive', when in actuality it was one of our own agents the entire time.

Originally posted by BiGGz
Of course a coup has been staged. Israel and the United States cannot afford to have Egypt fall into the hands of "a peoples government". Next thing you know (or won't even hear
) is opposition leaders being jailed, and a new Mubarak will take the stand.

Life in the day of politics. What an ugly ugly world.

Isn't this what happened in Egypt?

Like I said in another post, these uprisings are the work of the CIA and Western Powers.

I keep saying, watch what's happening in Libya carefully. Things may not be as they say in the news. British SAS arrived in East Libya to evacuate British workers from Libyan oil fields (Link), and prior to that, there was already a team of special forces in east Libya during the protests who were allegedly rounding up the workers to evacuate them. And according to Gaddafi's speech, the uprising was a result of Osama Bin Laden & Al Qaeda meddling in eastern Libya. So I call into question the credibility of whether or not Osama really is the man who we believe him to be or if he's a CIA-made disguise, and who is responsible for the uprisings in Libya.

Media disinformation, black propaganda, denial of truth, and manipulation.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's said US commanders arrived in Cairo days before Mubarak resigned. Coup?

There are conflicting reports as to what is happening in Libya. Russian intelligence says there wasn't air strikes, Al Jazeera says there were (considering they were the main source). Now that the rebellions are becoming more like a stalemated civil war, US naval forces draw closer and closer getting ready for an invasion. Coup?

Maybe. But it really seems there is a HUGE smear campaign going on against Gaddafi, making him look like Satan so the international community will demand intervention. And seems like statistics are being manipulated. 3,000 dead in a single week?

Looking back in the past, this whole 'Libyan crisis' looks like a perfect set-up for a Coup d'etat against Gaddafi

This is a coup by western powers to install a pro-western leader in the oil rich country. And just like every coup orchestrated by western governments, there is a HUGE smear campaign going on (like in the case with Hugo Chavez), and incredible amount of propaganda to manipulate public opinion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do I need to say it again?

[url=http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/father-of-alleged-israeli-spy-in-egypt-says-son-entered-country-legally-1.367502]www.haaretz.com[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
the funny thing is...is that up until now, egyptians had been blaming the old regime for the current disorder.

the fact that the anxious isrealis have been caught (probably doing something minimal at the time) will allow egyptians to begin penting their frustrations onto isreal.

bad timing!!...that said...the oldest civilization in the world is currently filled with educated and smart people, i dont think it is a cause for concern...egyptians understand that they are continuously watched by isreal, nothing new here.

peace
edit on 13-6-2011 by thePharaoh because: MY NUTZ ACHED

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Yes, many here have theorized that all the unrest in the ME is the work of outside sources but it's great to see some evidence coming out..
I'm sure there's more to come and the information seems to be leaking faster than ever..
I wonder if that isn't also their plan.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Perhaps Israeli presence in Egypt is more closely linked to the Gaza Crossing which the Israeli's want closed.

It would be 'too bad' were countries like Egypt being 'wound up' and the result of this winding or meddling backfired as it could easily do. Egypt gets loads of aid from the USA but whether that would flow to a Muslim Brotherhood Government mighnt be another matter.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

But the link says the spy was specifically sent into Egypt to cause chaos.

Stop trying to sugar coat it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Did no one else clue into the placards that the protesters where holding during the revolution? They where written in English.

Go check for yourself, I clicked onto the American backed Egypt revolution very early. I think alot of others did also.
edit on 13-6-2011 by michaelmcclen because: grammar

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
We ran a propaganda campaign in Egypt trying to get regime change. (Which I think was a right left battle in the US. Bush liked the way it was so he could torture. Obama hated it because it was a way for Bush to torture.)
egypt.usaid.gov...

democracy & governance snapshot

USAID programs have increased access to justice for more than 16,000 children and 8,700 families.
2000 media professionals have been trained through USAID programs.
USAID supported the training of more than 13,000 local election observers nationwide.
More than 100 USAID-supported joint community-local government initiatives have been created to solve local problems.

USAID is involved in voting "13,000 local election observers",media "2000 media professionals" and not to mention the OEV. "Operation Earnest Voice" ran by the DOD and State Department.
I think I have one connect the dots that will show how this software is used for destabilization of countries.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

According to the contract between US Central Command (Centcom) and California company Ntrepid, the software would let each user control 10 personas, each "replete with background, history, supporting details, and cyber presences that are technically, culturally and geographically consistent." The software would also be able to let personas "appear to originate in nearly any part of the world" and interact through "conventional online services and social media platforms," while using a static IP address for each persona to maintain a consistent online identity.

OK So we have a company name. Ntrepid

www.linkedin.com...

Ntrepid Corporation Activity on LinkedIn

Ramzi Asmar is now Analyst at Ntrepid Corporation
was Research Fellow at Matthew B. Ridgway Center for International Security Studies
6 hours ago

We have a name. Ramzi Asmar

www.linkedin.com...

Ramzi Asmar
Title
--
Demographic info
Washington D.C. Metro Area | Government Relations
Education: University of Pittsburgh, University of Balamand, West Virginia University Summary: Conduct detailed All-Source Intelligence Analysis and paralleling the analysis with Socio-Cultural understanding of the Middle East. Linguistic s...

www.policymic.com...

How Social Media Has Become the New Weapon in the Middle East
By Heba Taha | Topics: Middle East Issues | Posted on: Tuesday January 25th 2011

At the bottom of the page.

Photo Credit: Ramzi Asmar

I suggest reading the article above."How Social Media Has Become the New Weapon in the Middle East"

www.centcom.mil...

Heres CENTCOM saying they work with the State Department in there Operation Earnest Voice chaos program of propaganda.

www.centcom.mil...

In the past year, CENTCOM has pursued several initiatives to improve our capabilities in the information domain, and we have coordinated these actions closely with the State Department’s Undersecretary for Public Diplomacy, Judith McHale.

In the broader CENTCOM AOR, Operation Earnest Voice (OEV) is the critical program of record that resources our efforts to synchronize our Information Operations activities, to counter extremist ideology and propaganda, and to ensure that credible voices in the region are heard. OEV provides CENTCOM with direct communication capabilities to reach regional audiences through traditional media as well as via websites and regional public affairs blogging. In each of these efforts, we follow the admonition we practiced in Iraq, that of trying to be “first with the truth.” Full and enduring funding of OEV and other DoD information operations efforts will, in coordination with State Department initiatives, enable us to do just that and, in so doing, to communicate critical messages and to counter the propaganda of our adversaries.

Activities in Cyberspace

Cyberspace has become an extension of the battlefield and we cannot allow it to be uncontested enemy territory. Indeed, in the years ahead, extremist activities in cyberspace will undoubtedly pose increasing threats to our military and our Nation as a whole. DOD and other elements of our government are, of course, working to come to grips with this emerging threat. Clearly, this is an area in which we need to develop additional policies, build capabilities, and ensure adequate resources. I suspect, in fact, that legislation will be required over time, as well.

Heres some info on the militaries State Department connection. "Judith McHale"

www.state.gov...

I allways thought that Discovery channel was government ran. Just look at the people from that channel who promoted the government view during the BP spill.

Ms. McHale is the former President and Chief Executive Officer of Discovery Communications. For two decades, Ms. McHale was a leader in building Discovery Communications, the parent company of the Discovery Channel, into a far-reaching and renowned global media enterprise with 1.4 billion subscribers in 170 countries.

Shes also connected with MTV, VH1 and Nickelodeon.

In the 1980s, Ms. McHale served as General Counsel for MTV Networks, overseeing legal affairs for MTV, Nickelodeon and VH-1. Drawing on the experience developed over many years living abroad, Ms. McHale became a principal architect of the company’s rapid international expansion.

200 schools and community centers throughout rural Africa, Latin America, and Eastern Europe.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

the C I A did exactly the same in iran to over throw the shah because he would not bow down to thier demands but it back fired on them because the country is now run by fanatics. before when the shah was in power the iranians had a western life style , but not anymore , the religous fanatics have set the country back years.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So what options are you laying out here.

Leave dictators or oppressive regimes in power that are not condusive to a stable world.

Assassinate them

Use military force to overthrow them

Try and convince the populace to do it themselves

These are the only options available when trying to figure out what to do about a country who's leader you do not like. I for one am glad that governments are trying to convince the people to make self-changes in their government. This is a lesson learned from world war 2. Had we been actively working with the German public and stirring the pot with regards to how Hitler or Mussolini was bad we may have had a different outcome.

Burying our head in the sand and hopeing the world turns out ok is no way for the worlds greatest power to act.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
before when the shah was in power the iranians had a western life style , but not anymore , the religous fanatics have set the country back years.

Set the country back years?

Back when the Shah was in power, Iran was a sellout and slave for US corporations. The people of Iran made dirt, while corporates in America and the elite in Iran were getting fat off Irans wealth. Since the days of the Shah, Iran nationalized their wealth. The '79 revolution was the greatest thing to happen to Iran. The day the Iranians threw the shackles off, and grabbed a pitchfork.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Leave dictators or oppressive regimes in power that are not condusive to a stable world.
Assassinate them

Most of these "Dictators" were put in place and "supported" by the West..
The same Governments that you now expect us to believe are doing it for a good cause.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

You only say this because mainstream media told you to believe this. MSM is the one who told you Gaddafi is bad. Gaddafi being a great example, satanized by western media.

Originally posted by kro32
Assassinate them

Why does everyone of these options have violence involved? Why can't there be an option "negotiate a peaceful solution to an end"? Because apparently, both 'dictators' welcomed negotiations, but were blatantly refused by the 'peaceful' protesters.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Where exactly does it say Mossad spy sent to Egypt? Or did you just make the title up?

Egypt spy allegations against Israeli questioned

Law school colleagues cast doubts on the allegations, and an Egyptian Facebook page, sardonically called "stupid Israeli spy," even mocked the charges, saying no spy could have bumbled so badly.

Grapel appears to have been traveling under his real name, made no secret of his Israeli links. His connections to Israel, including his past military service, are easy to find on the Internet.

"I don't think a Mossad agent would post things on Facebook, travel under his own name and get a grant from law school to travel," said Rebecca Peskin, a classmate at Emory University in Atlanta, dismissing the Egyptian allegations. "This is a big misunderstanding."

Will Felder, another Emory classmate, described Grapel as a classmate who was born in New York City, then moved to Israel, where his grandparents live, as a young man.

Felder denied the Egyptian claim that Grapel was in Egypt between January and May. "He was regularly in classes," he told the AP by email. "The only length of time we were not in school together would have been spring break, and he was in (New York) with his family."

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Where exactly does it say Mossad spy sent to Egypt? Or did you just make the title up?

I was wondering the same thing when I first opened the thread, but it's gotten so bad now on this forum with the misleading and none factual postings and thread titles that I just scroll past 'certain' members.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
reply to post by Xcathdra

I was wondering the same thing when I first opened the thread, but it's gotten so bad now on this forum with the misleading and none factual postings and thread titles that I just scroll past 'certain' members.

Mossad spy sent to Egypt to 'encourage protesters' and 'spread chaos.'

www.haaretz.com...

It's there when I look..
So what's misleading??

edit on 13-6-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

top topics

join