It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC First Live "Real Death" On Broadcast TV

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Needed to be shown.
It's not like we haven't seen people die a natural death on TV before, but to highlight the plight of people desperate to die on their own terms is a worthy cause and one I think that was handled sensitively & gently.
It's a thumbs up from me.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I agree to see it on TV is very hard to watch and like you im not sure its something that should really be done,
but... I do understand why there are doing this, Right now its to bring the whole issue to the table rather than it being a hush hush topic,

To make changes they need to show people the reasons behind it,
Its so hard to watch and i chose not to watch it due to my recent loss, but for debate to happen people need to be aware so that one day the right choice on this kind of thing can be made, be it allowing this process or not, xx

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I dont understand what this thread is supposed to be about... the euthanasia documentary, death being shown on tv, or death being shown on 'live' tv?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Would like to see what a real time brain scan looks like during this..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

I think the documentary opens the debate on all of the questions you ask,

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

kudos, boon. me thinks you very gracefully summed up a subject matter that carries weight in most everyones mind. i've noticed in responses you often chose to let your Bible stand as your guide, and that makes your insight even more important to me.

i was raised to believe that we who believe are not to take our own life because of the pain and sacrifice Jesus Christ endured in his end time. while i appreciate what Jesus Christ was able to do, i can't imagine God wants any of His children to suffer. long, painful endings are what most wish to avoid; we don't want to see our loved ones go through such a thing, either. IMHO there is nothing to be gained.

i don't understand how 'lifer' convicts opt to spend the rest of their lives in such horrid conditions either. there are TV shows that reveal warehoused people existing in brutal madhouse conditions. given the choice, i'd gladly sign an organ donation waiver form and call it a day.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Ah, okay.

Ive been itching for a debate on euthanasia since the Terry Pratchett program, but I'll keep my ramblings to a minimum seeing as this isnt specifically on euthanasia.

Regarding the previously mentioned show, I think it was very watchable (as morbid as that sounds), and as much as the filmed death will get people talking, I dont think it added anything specifically new to the debate itself. Which in my completely amateur opinion is the problem with programs such as this, they reiterate the same points, yet never seem to address the concerns of those opposing the issue.

As for the live one.. I think its a good idea that it was shown. Death is such a taboo subject still, and in terms of legalizing euthanasia and suchlike, showing that death is a normal, inevitable part of life.
Although... I do think advertising it as 'live' could seem a little off when you consider that the majority of programs that are broadcast live tend to be for entertainment purposes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join