It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smile: We DO Have Advocates Working in Favor of the People.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Read Amendments 2,4,5, 6, just for a start. Kind of mentions rights for people specifically.

Rather than assume you are being willfully obtuse, I will instead take responsibility for this confusion and accept that the flaw was in my own communication. That said, the above quoted language of yours is fairly vague. Are you trying to make the argument that individuals are not "afforded" any rights where "the people" are specifically mentioned? Clarification on this matter would be nice.

The Ninth Amendment makes perfectly clear that the rights that have been enumerated up to that point, cannot be used to deny or disparage any other rights retained by the people. This may come as a shock to you, but I Am one of the people, and so are you. Each of us, as individuals are in possession of certain unalienable rights that are not the province of government to grant, nor is government able to lawfully deny or disparage these rights. The Bill of Rights is specifically a list of prohibitions placed upon the federal government, not grants of rights "afforded" to "the people".

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by kro32

I understand your point fully but there are many examples of the judicial system holding up the Constitution when it has been violated and i'm sure you know this.

And probably just as many where they haven't..
The point being, there should be NO examples of violations making it past the Court..

Gotta agree with you on that. However nothings ever gonna be perfect.

They get it right most of the time though.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Gotta agree with you on that. However nothings ever gonna be perfect.

They get it right most of the time though.

I don't see why not..
The Government sure costs us enough to expect perfection..

Although I'm against bigger Government, I believe there should be a new department establish called the "English Language" department..
It should be manned by many English Language professionals and "all" Laws, Bills, Amendments whatever should be approved by them before going to a vote..
That way they could "remove" any vague references or definitions and make the law more transparent..

I notice that politicians are either illiterate or deliberately write "vague" laws that they can later interpret as they please..
My new department idea may stop that practice.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Great idea but i'd imagine the Bar Association would take you out for even mentioning such a thing

And unfortunately the government is run by humans so you'll never have perfection.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Great idea but i'd imagine the Bar Association would take you out for even mentioning such a thing

Screw the legal profession..
If all laws were written in "plain English" then we wouldn't need them anyway..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

The legal profession are far more complicit than most realise.
They are very much one of the "big players" in our current control grid.
By creating a "law society" that you are a member of without ever knowing, with it's own language that you cannot ever hope to "understand" yet you DO indeed "stand under" it's rules.
All new statutes must go through a country's own lawyers who act in the interest of the law society, not the country to ensure that the slavery continues.
They create statute because they cannot create law and they are miserable bastards.
edit on 14-6-2011 by trouble_every_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by trouble_every_day

Yes, and the Court tells me "ignorance is no excuse" so basically I'm supposed to study and memorize millions of pages of law and keep up to date with new laws and amendments..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

If you want to be part of their game you need to "join" their society. They look after their own.
For the rest of us we learn what we can but we must remember one thing - we were not meant to be aware of their game and they do not allow us to participate.
Ever try to tell a judge that he must prove jurisdiction? As true as that may be in LAW - they don't operate in law.
That is why they invented legalese - they didn't do it just for fun.
This is how "corporations" can be "persons" and have rights just like you the "person" - "person"s are legal fictions.
So you think one thing and enjoinder something entirely different completely without your knowledge because as you said - "ignorance is no excuse".
We are not supposed to win this particular game, we are the prey.
edit on 14-6-2011 by trouble_every_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well Ashley, I do hope you're right.
But the ones who are helping are
in too small numbers to make a
difference.

IMO, the NWO cannot be stopped
without 1 of 2 things happening.

1) Divine Intervention

2) Total Revolution

It is too far gone to fix any other way.
The elites know this as well.

And since the divine intervention
hasn't happened yet, that leaves
only one option.

I will label this thread as false hope.
I do not see it ever coming to fruition
by the means expressed herein.

Doesn't make me a pessimist,
It makes me a realist.

NOTE: I am not advocating violence
or revolution. Simply stating an opinion.

Its those that doubt themselves that lose the battle.
Dont give up hope yet.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by trouble_every_day

We weren't suppose to know but what if we tell the entire world and then they know, we can put an end to this.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread AshleyD. I always look forward to your posts as you always make something negative into something positive!

Bless you!

-AS-
edit on 14-6-2011 by AeonStorm because: sp

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

The problem is that the Constitution is not set in stone. It purposefully was written to not specifically address many issues because the founders knew that times would change and future Congress's would have to adapt. It is a broad framework to be used as a basis for laws.

If it was fine as is there would have been no need for the founders to specifically tell you how to amend it. They knew when they were drafting it that it would need to be changed in the future which is why they outline how to do it.

So according to you there was never a need to add in amendments to end slavery or give women the right to vote?
So, if they need to make changes follow the gottverdamt procedure. Stop circumventing it. Stop violating it. Stop wiping their a$$ with it.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Great Thread... and reading it is certainly a great start to my very long and boring day here at work. One area of Government that rarely gets any national media attention are the state legislatures. I would argue that is on purpose, because of the main stream media's agenda, but that probably goes without saying.

I feel that there are a lot of people in this country that have woken up over the last few years because their way of life has been impacted negatively by progressive and tyrannical government actions or policies. They have been forcefully removed from their comfort zone. These people are starving for knowledge and education in regards to our founding and the freedom and liberty movement. One place they should look are the state legislatures, because there are some great state representatives, and even some Governors that, what I believe, are the solution to America's problems.

I personally don't believe that our problems will be fixed at the national level, because there is too much corruption. Even if Ron Paul were to get elected, he would still face a lot of push back from the establishment, especially the establishment Republicans. Having said that, the individual state legislatures need to stand up for themselves and tell the federal government that they are not going to take it anymore, and start holding nullification votes in their respective state sessions. I think that would send a clear message to the out of control monstrosity that we call the federal government.

Once again, great post... it's good to know there are others on this site that value freedom and liberty as much as I do, and it is also good to discuss the actions that our government has taken that has stifled our natural rights, if only to make others more aware of it.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well Ashley, I do hope you're right.
But the ones who are helping are
in too small numbers to make a
difference.

IMO, the NWO cannot be stopped
without 1 of 2 things happening.

1) Divine Intervention

2) Total Revolution

It is too far gone to fix any other way.
The elites know this as well.

And since the divine intervention
hasn't happened yet, that leaves
only one option.

I will label this thread as false hope.
I do not see it ever coming to fruition
by the means expressed herein.

Doesn't make me a pessimist,
It makes me a realist.

NOTE: I am not advocating violence
or revolution. Simply stating an opinion.

I had a dream about Divine Timing, i told myself the night before, I'm going to remember my dream for once (i smoke weed so hardly ever do)

It was so vague, all i remember is standing on the a18 barton street , looking towards the n.e. coast (UK) and where the moon SHOULD have been, was the planet earth.

On top, the title "divine timing"

So i was on planet earth, looking at a smaller planet earth?

Yeah , sounds freaky I know.

Shame the dream didn't tell me:

1) Are WE those interventionists? WE, the youth (or old) who see through the lies, who are aware of the matrix, are WE HERE TO MAKE THE CHANGE?

or

2) Are we simply here to enjoy the ride and watch the change, having known beforehand that it's all a game, an illusion etc so to not get TOO DOWN even when the world seems like it's crumbling around you, there was a reason you found out blah blah blah

I WANT TO KNOW THIS REASON

I AM GETTING THAT TINGLY CONSCIOUNESS /. HIGHER AWARENESS FEELING/GLOW AS I WRITE THIS

I BLOODY HOPE WE FIND THE ANSWER SOON

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

A good post Ashley. With good reading, and a good attitude. Personally, I believe much of the opposition you speak of is a con game of good cop, bad cop. But that doesn't mean there aren't legitimate people behind legitimate causes that are fighting tooth and nail to reverse and restore what has been gradually stolen over a long period of time.

The very act of posting this thread is still a shot across the bow of TPTB, however small some may consider the bullet.

S&F.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Here is where the erosion of American freedoms started in earnest.
Many of us saw thru the slick media campaign/takeover, corruption and inslavement to the American people all wrapped up in red, white and blue and carrying the Cross.

tvnewslies.org...

Some here were the staunch supporters of the neocons and called us people warning of the danger unpatriotic and people like you, commies, tulip walkers, rag head supporters, terrorist supports and obscene names in u2u.

Now the crybabies see the truth and we who warned you can say "i told you so" and hypocrite.

I don't expect any apologies....just abandoning your failed ideology is enough but I do remember the insults.

A read of members Jim Marrs book "The forth Reich" might help as well.
edit on 14-6-2011 by whaaa because: code 56

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This looks like another possible step in the right direction:

Cong ress turns on President Obama: Invokes War Powers Resolution.

(Concerning Libya).
edit on 6/14/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join