It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audit: U.S. lost track of $9 billion in Iraq funds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Seriously guys ....this is now what you are going to try to sell to the American People. Wasn't 9/11 a coverup of a papertrail because billions were unaccounted for....and now the Iraqis are to blame?

Nearly $9 billion of money spent on Iraqi reconstruction is unaccounted for because of inefficiencies and bad management, according to a watchdog report published Sunday.

An inspector general's report said the U.S.-led administration that ran Iraq until June 2004 is unable to account for the funds.

"Severe inefficiencies and poor management" by the Coalition Provisional Authority has left auditors with no guarantee the money was properly used," the report said.

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NNEECE
Seriously guys ....this is now what you are going to try to sell to the American People. Wasn't 9/11 a coverup of a papertrail because billions were unaccounted for....and now the Iraqis are to blame?

Nearly $9 billion of money spent on Iraqi reconstruction is unaccounted for because of inefficiencies and bad management, according to a watchdog report published Sunday.

An inspector general's report said the U.S.-led administration that ran Iraq until June 2004 is unable to account for the funds.

"Severe inefficiencies and poor management" by the Coalition Provisional Authority has left auditors with no guarantee the money was properly used," the report said.

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

I bet you theres more. you need a PRIVET Auditor to uncover the truth, not the insector general of the united states

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NNEECE

Cover-up bribes just get more and more expensive for American tax payers at times of war it seems.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
about half of this went to the stockholders
of Haliburton which included: The Bush Family,
The Cheney Family and the Saudi Royals among
others.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
the iraqi war was just a front to make some prominent figures and their buddies very rich...I'm sure the guys managing all this money got a nice chunk of change for it too...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I am going to have to say for sure they did not lose track of the money.

The only thing that is lost are the tracks to the money...it's long gone and there will not be even a trace of where it went discovered.

It is funny that 9 billion is all they are admitting to...I am thinking it should be more like 90 billion!
edit on 13-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This isn't American tax payer money. It was Iraqi oil money assets that were seized. From what I also heard, the Iraqi interim government after Saddam was removed would blatently inflate their employee count in order to fraudulently draw upon that money.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Makes you wonder how much of our $15 trillion debt was 'misplaced?'

It's amazing how many stacks of $100 bills can fly out your window when you're speeding down the road in your Bugatti.

edit on 13-6-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra
This isn't American tax payer money. It was Iraqi oil money assets that were seized. From what I also heard, the Iraqi interim government after Saddam was removed would blatently inflate their employee count in order to fraudulently draw upon that money.

You are correct in that aspect.

There were alot of "ghost" Iraqi govt employees, police, military, etc.

new topics

top topics

join