It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we all gone crazy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ok, this has been going through my mind for a while of course, but today I am very curious......

Today I read about Dolphins being used as weapons, space being setup for weapons, and planes running on software alone and the military will surely be interested in that. Ok, now.... Why does this world only seem to focus on the Military side of things?

Any new invention, we almost first think of the military uses. We use animals to help with our wars... we actually use each other to help with our wars. We almost never focus on the peaceful ways to solve problems. Everyone seems to be responsible for this. Are well just so self centered and protective that we cannot get along?

Do you all trust the people running your countries? I actually do not trust any of the leaders in the world. It seems like one big game and they only care about themselves and their friends. The Military and weapons seem to be the highest priority in the world. Have we all gone crazy and cannot realize that if we put the same amount of effort that we put into arming ourselves and focused on the peaceful uses of technology instead, that the world would probably be 1000% better and far more advanced?

The world is just frustrating to me on its focus when it comes to technology . Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
We haven't gone crazy, it's just our nature. We are quite a primitive species....

-Attero

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Primitive based on what?
What is this categorizing got to do with answering the question of peace.

In my opinion people have been exploited by the elite, which itself leads countries to wars and not peace to create fear and by such control of the people to gain their self intrestest which is more power and money.

Desire and grasping is the problem here.

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita
We haven't gone crazy, it's just our nature. We are quite a primitive species....

-Attero

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
what can i say more JCMinJapan?!

you have sayed all already, i fully agree with you, it is just plain stupidity and selfish actions that move the powers here.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hrm?
MER

Cassini

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The pictures are great....

Very peaceful and nice....... Let`s hope they stay that way.

The world is a great place hopefully everyone will come to appreciate it.

I don`t mean to say that the whole world is terrible and nothing is good. Just, it feels like the human species is taking the wrong path in regards to technology.

I thought that I would be in the minority and get flamed. But, I see with many view and not too many responses, that many see it too. This in allot of ways is encouraging to know that many see it and hopefully we can all try in our own little ways to change it in the future.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Mankind is failure race as far as I am concerned. Half the time I'm embarrassed to be human...stab one another in the back, cheat, lie, steal, war, beat each other...our movies, music is all, or mostly about those things...parents that let their kids live in filth, or run loose....most young females today think nothing of sex as early as 12 and 13...pedophilia keeps rising....you have so many people professing to be Christian sitting their butts in church on Sunday morning and "preaching the good word" bothering everyone else.....while they're lying, cheating, drinking, taking advantage of others.....

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think that since the end of the cold war we are really beginning to take strides to becoming a better race. Society seems to be going down the toilet, but most people in the world understand that war is a bad thing and a last resort and that has only been accomplished in the 20th century and thats something to be proud of

But if the US and the neo-conservatives that rule the country and their defence contractor and oil buddies continue to arm the United States like there is still a cold war i think that we will still see that the military and weaponry are going to be a big thing in our lives for a long time. There's just too much money being made that global disarmament just wont happen.

Sept. 11 is the greatest thing to happen to the defence industry in a long time. Too many rich people are making too much money out of the supposed threat of "terrorism", when there is no threat to most of us. As long as we believe "terrorism" is a real danger in our lives they will be selling weaponry to the military like hotcakes. And they dont want us to stop believing.

deny ignorance,
drfunk

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk

Sept. 11 is the greatest thing to happen to the defence industry in a long time. Too many rich people are making too much money out of the supposed threat of "terrorism", when there is no threat to most of us. As long as we believe "terrorism" is a real danger in our lives they will be selling weaponry to the military like hotcakes. And they dont want us to stop believing.

The almighty dollar, pound, euro, etc etc.... Your right, destruction pays more than peace.

top topics

join