It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIST of First Aid Items

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
i was looking for a list on ATS but instead found discussions of good things to have on hand one by one. i'm not in the medical/RN/EMT field. anyone that is, or saavy care to provide a wholesome list of items that could be stored in a box at home for disaster preparedness? Thanks in advance..

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
bubble wrap
duct tape

no seriously
babyparenting.about.com... - excellent starter/basic list (yes, I googled, and so should you!!)
you can usually buy one premade though that includes all these things - might want to add a thermometer

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Just to give you a quick hint, the most valuable medical tool you'll have in the field is your brain. Seriously. I notice you mentioned you aren't familiar with the medical field at all. Why not take an advanced first aid or EMT course?

Really though, if you could only pack one item, make an anti-septic! Branch out from there.
edit on 6/13/2011 by JBurns because: Need to fix my "speller"

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Don't forget cigarettes & whiskey. If you don't consume it, these are essential barter items...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Depends on what type of disaster your likely to face. You need a basic medical kit with bandages and such, a cell phone and a way to get to the nearest medical center our of the danger area. It would be good to always keep a spare car key next to your medical kit so you don't waste time looking for it and also take a few minutes to find out mutliple hospitals that you could get to if the ones near you may be unavailable.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Enkii

I would contact your local ambulance and hospital to see if they put on first aid/ first responder/ or emt courses. Knowledge of medical emergencies is just as if not more important than supplies. As far as supplies go:

Variety of sizes of bandages and dressings

Burn cream

pieces of wood that can be used as splints

sunscreen

alcohol

peroxide

anti diareaha medicine

asprin

your own perscription meds

the list can go on for a long time. You may be better off buying a complete first aid kit as opposed to trying to piece one together.

top topics

join