It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreskin Man Outrages Jewish Community

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Why It's Hard to Admit to Being Wrong

We all have a hard time admitting that we're wrong, but according to a new book about human psychology, it's not entirely our fault. Social psychologist Elliot Aronson says our brains work hard to make us think we are doing the right thing, even in the face of sometimes overwhelming evidence to the contrary. The good news is once we are aware of this, we can be truer to ourselves.
Elliot Aronson, co-author, Mistakes Were Made (But Not by Me); social psychologist; professor emeritus, psychology, University of California Santa Cruz

The engine that drives self-justification, the energy that produces the need to justify our actions and decisions — especially the wrong ones — is an unpleasant feeling that Festinger called "cognitive dissonance." Cognitive dissonance is a state of tension that occurs whenever a person holds two cognitions (ideas, attitudes, beliefs, opinions) that are psychologically inconsistent.

Dissonance produces mental discomfort, ranging from minor pangs to deep anguish; people don't rest easy until they find a way to reduce it. It's much easier to simply continue to believe what you have believed and learned for so long, to simply dismiss the new idea.

The cognition that I am a sensible, competent person is dissonant with the cognition that I put my baby through a medically unnecessary painful procedure to achieve something. Therefore, I would distort my perceptions of the procedure in a positive direction, trying to find good things about it and ignoring the bad. The more dissonance created in a person, the greater chance that person will now do everything they could to get others to put their child through the procedure, thereby lessening their underlying discomfort, as now they have more self justification because others also support the procedure.

By being aware that your evolved animal brain doesn’t like negative change that it doesn’t like things that don’t match, you can begin to transcend this potentially un-useful pattern. The facts are our friends and knowledge is power.

Remember a time when you experienced cognitive dissonance. A time when you were faced with facts that challenged one of your beliefs, or a time when your behavior didn’t match your values or self-concept. Role-play and re-live that situation. Fully access what you were feeling then, seeing then, hearing then and thinking then. Totally associate into re-living the experience now. Once you are totally in the dissonance state, track for and note what feelings you are doing in your body. Track all of the pressures, movements, flows, temperatures, textures etc. of the experience. Many people experience dissonance in the gut region or heart region. Notice also the sub modalities of any pictures and sounds. Write these onto a piece of paper for you to remember.

Pick two other cognitive dissonance experiences/times and note the dissonance signals for these. You should find that the three experiences have similar signals and components.

Determine what the main indicators are for the state of cognitive dissonance. Think about how you can now remember the signals so that in the future you will know when you are doing dissonance and be able to become more aware of your own unconscious processes.

Think about what you can do to overcome cognitive dissonance in a positive way, without giving in to it. What can you say to yourself? What can you do to support pushing through the dissonance to face reality and not deny it?

One very powerful way to overcome dissonance is through humor. By laughing at the dissonance feeling, by seeing it as humorous, you can shift your cybernetic loop to one of positive feelings. Anything that helps you overcome the negative emotions of dissonance will help you push through and stop the typical dissonance strategies.

Finally, by being aware of the possibility of cognitive dissonance and knowing your dissonance signals you can float above the dissonance feelings by just acknowledging them and telling yourself “Oh, that’s just cognitive dissonance – I can transcend it, it’s just an animal response, I can be true to the real me.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

I had been reflecting on one of your very thoughts you'd just mentioned, while out in the yard, gardening. Use the topic of male mutilation as a filter, an absolute one-way girl filter. If a 'hot girl' runs from God's own dick, just think what she'll specify for your son's member.

Ya, but I think it takes a pretty shallow person to run away from someone you really like just because of the look of his penis in the first place!

It's almost laughable, really, and yes, it IS a conspiracy. I have to be truthful here.

Of course there is a conspiracy!

What I think is the most amusing thing about all this is how brainwashed and indoctrinated people can be by invented tradition and religious dogma on how they think (in their eyes - with their indoctrinated perception) a "real" willy should look like.

The quote nr 2 in my post was a fine example of this, and I really laughed out loud when reading her description of one man's 'natural' penis:

I compare it to an animals' penis. I could never be with a man that wasn't circumcised

WTF? ROFLMAO

Well, it's her loss, I say! - she doesn't know what she's missing

One funny thing is, that I once dated an Israeli girl whilst at University long time ago, and she had absolutely no complaints what-so-ever - to the contrary I would say, she thought it was exotic! lol!

And I am really thankful that most women in Europe and elsewhere doesn't have this problem with our natural willies! - I think this is mostly an American thing among certain women in the US.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This is a little off topic, but I thought I'd get the "health" benefits in perspective

The first thing you remember, because you already really know all of this, is that the older you get the more you are at risk. In Western countries you’re quite safe into your fifties and sixties, after which chances of death pick up significantly. People in their late seventies, eighties and nineties die of heart attacks, cancer, and pneumonia.

In the U.S.A (circ) , Japan (intact), and all of Western Europe (intact), no male age group under 80 lost more than 1% of it’s numbers for any recent year. For women, you have to go above 85, above 90 in many countries, to get more than 1% loss in any one year.
Let’s work backwards through the ages, seeing where the real risk lies.
The biggest killer of women at 40 in the U.S.A., England, Japan, France, Spain, Poland, all over, is breast cancer. The second biggest killer of women tends to be the same as the men, Alcoholism,Suicide and Cars.

www.darkcoding.net...

LEADING CANCER KILLERS IN AMERICA - 2006 (2004 DATA)
1. Lung Cancer 158,664 (28.3 percent)
2. Colon Cancer 53,549 (9.6 percent)
3. Breast Cancer 41,210 (7.4 percent)
4. Pancreatic Cancer 33,454 (6 percent)
5. Prostate Cancer 28,372 (5.1 percent)
6. Liver Cancer 16,525 (3 percent)
7. Ovarian Cancer 14,857 (2.7 percent)
8. Esophageal Cancer 13,686 (2.4 percent)
9. Bladder Cancer 13,474 (2.4 percent)
10. Brain / Meninges Cancer 12,886 (2.3 percent)
Combined, the top ten cancer deaths in the US accounted for 69.1 percent of all deaths by cancer combined.

According to the same cancer statistics the following cancers were numbers 11-15 on the list, and all other leading cancer killers after that accounted for less than 1 percent of total US cancer deaths in 2006 (2004). Cancer of Kidney was right at about 1 percent.
• Kidney Cancer
• Stomach Cancer
• Skin Cancer
• Mouth Cancer
• Cancer of the Uterus

www.howtolivealongerlife.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Version100

If "God" wanted the foreskin cut off a baby wouldn't there be a dotted line and
"cut here" ??

Or better yet, wouldn't "God" have just made babies without foreskins if that is
the way it is supposed to be ?

It's nothing but a religious ritual that pains and mutilates a baby for no sane reason.

Well, last time I checked, God didn't include a dotted line around the appendix, one of the few things in the body that can only do one thing -- kill you.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
www.circumcisionfacts.com... = biased garbage

www.circumstitions.com... = Jew hating garbage

www.circinfo.net... = balanced and informative

Do some research, and not from an activist website FFS.

Man, I have never seen such pure hypocritical nonsence.

Those sites that do not support your persopnal view are garbage. Those that do you will reccomend as a place to research. Right! So we can only do research in a place that will lead us to agree with you? Yeah!

Sorry - I think YOU need to do some more research. I am happy to help if you would like?

ETA = Watch these videos and it will make you think twice: www.circumstitions.com...
edit on 15-6-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

Man, I have never seen such pure hypocritical nonsence.

Those sites that do not support your persopnal view are garbage. Those that do you will reccomend as a place to research. Right! So we can only do research in a place that will lead us to agree with you? Yeah!

Sorry - I think YOU need to do some more research. I am happy to help if you would like?

ETA = Watch these videos and it will make you think twice: www.circumstitions.com...
edit on 15-6-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

Activist website vs. a scientificly unbiased website. Sure, I will trust Jew hating activists before I listen to a doctor.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Activist website vs. a scientificly unbiased website. Sure, I will trust Jew hating activists before I listen to a doctor.

You consider it unbiased just because it supports your conclusions. Here is an unbiased website, and it is linked to from the American Academy of pediatrics, which does NOT support routine neonatal circumcision, despite what pro-circumcision people often believe. Pediatric associations in other countries have similar stances.

www.healthychildren.org...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Oh come on now, that site is clearly antisemetic!

Medical benefits, including

A slightly lower risk of urinary tract infections (UTIs). A circumcised infant boy has about a 1 in 1,000 chance of developing a UTI in the first year of life; an uncircumcised infant boy has about a 1 in 100 chance of developing a UTI in the first year of life.

A lower risk of getting cancer of the penis. However, this type of cancer is very rare in all males.

A slightly lower risk of getting sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.

Prevention of foreskin infections.

Prevention of phimosis, a condition in uncircumcised males that makes foreskin retraction impossible.

Easier genital hygiene.

Nope, none of those reasons sound good to me, when I weigh it against making a decision about altering a baby's natural body. Let them decide themself when they turn 18.
edit on Thu, 16 Jun 2011 06:33:10 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

How about the BMA in the UK? or would you define them as an activist website?

The law and ethics of male circumcision
www.bma.org.uk...

Health issues
There is significant disagreement about whether circumcision is overall a beneficial, neutral or harmful procedure. At present, the medical literature on the health, including sexual health, implications of circumcision is contradictory, and often subject to claims of bias in research. Doctors performing circumcisions must ensure that those giving consent are aware of the issues, including the risks associated with any surgical procedure: pain, bleeding, surgical mishap and complications of anaesthesia. All appropriate steps must be taken to minimise these risks.

So the British Medical Association see no proven medical advantages to the procedure, just the risks presented by the procedure itself.
edit on 16/6/11 by thoughtsfull because: formating

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I was looking at a couple of internet articles on circumcision, and in one of these I saw someone describing the moment of holding his son's hand as he had the operation performed on him as a ''beautiful experience''.

It's things like this which only adds weight to my belief that in many cases there is a more sinister, creepy motive for mutilating your child in this way. Just like other forms of abuse, the abused often become the abuser later in life, perpetuating the cycle.

I think, amongst circumcised men, there's often the subconscious inferiority complex of having an incomplete manhood. When the penis is considered the epitome of masculinity, it's not unlikely that there may be some psychological issues which arise from having it damaged and imperfect.

All in all, circumcision a mindless, primitive and barbaric tribal ritual, which needs to be eradicated in any forward-thinking, modern society.

All the arguments in support of circumcision are completely devoid of any rationality and logic.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Jewish community outraged again?

They really are so easily outraged, lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have a question...

Are there any men here who have have reached adulthood
with their foreskins intact, and then decided to have a circumcision
performed?

Or, is there anyone who is uncircumcised who wishes their parents
had opted to have them circumcised at birth?

Anyone see the relevance of these questions>

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

In some sense, I agree with you. There is a flare up right now concerning Russel Crowe who has also been speaking out against male circumcision:

STORY.

So in and of itself, I do not have a personal issue with those who are against male circumcision. Nor do I consider it anti-Semitic. Just as much as I would support someone speaking out against female circumcision and would not want to be called anti-Islamic.

BUT... surely you see the propaganda in that cartoon? That is pretty obvious, IMHO. Some thug restraining the mother of the child while a sinister looking rabbi comes in for the snip. Then enters super hero foreskin man to save the day against the evil Jewish villains.

There are other ways to get your point across than that. Besides, male circumcision is not just a 'Jewish thing.' The act did not originate with them nor are they the sole practitioners.

So, yeah. This cartoon is pretty much propaganda.

Unfortunately, I can't help but agree. I'm against circumcision myself, but the guy who made the cartoon was either completely oblivious about the stereotypes, or he really does have some latent anti-Judean prejudice.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That comic is very insulting and stereotypical. I've been to many bris's and they are happy occasions and nothing like what is depicted in this tasteless comic. Thr response from many here is no surprise and disgusting. It's been happening for thousands of years, alot longer than most of you peoples weird traditions that I could care less about. Don't do it to your kid or do it(I don't care either way), just butt out of what's not your business. I am happily and proudly circumsized just like every other man in my family for at least hundreds of years and lots of generations!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I would suggest you not try and tell me and others what we can and can't do with the foreskin of our f'ing children. Period.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I think, amongst circumcised men, there's often the subconscious inferiority complex of having an incomplete manhood. When the penis is considered the epitome of masculinity, it's not unlikely that there may be some psychological issues which arise from having it damaged and imperfect.

Really?

That's a terribly inaccurate sweeping generalization.

I agree, with the rest of your post though, there's no reason for parents to circumsize their children before they can even talk much less be part of a decision of that caliber.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join